$
@Bluffzone68 What were your thoughts on this hand

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1: This is a hand and spot I play differently based on whether we are in a freeroll with loose call station type players compared to if I was in a buy in tournament with players that might be a little less cally. I think in a freeroll here with this many limpers in front of me, unless I know they are going to fold or have a good chance of it I just take the cheap flop. I know its passive with AQ suited but against this many limpers and your stack, jamming is too much to put but any decent sized 3 bet (as you made it) is putting 25% of your stack in and you know in freerolls you are going to get called here a lot and then have to play out of position against many hoping you hit. For that reason in freerolls I just call here and believe that if I flop a good hand I have a good chance of getting paid for it since its a freeroll. Buy in tournaments of any decent amount, then I much prefer 3 betting here since you will get folds or at least get it to heads up more often.

I dont understand the flop check and call to a small bet after we 3 bet. I get that we are sitting good here without much to worry about but I still want to extract value. I much prefer leading here and you would lead here with bluffs at times and will get called in a freeroll often. Doesnt have to be a big bet but just 450-500 and then plan on jamming any turn card.

You check jam turn which is fine imo at that point but and you got 2 bets but those bets totaled 600 (counting the other villain) but I think we are much better off leading here after the 3 bet and get some people to tag along. Also if you bet 450 ish here and get a call from either villain then they are more likely to call turn as they will have committed themselves by calling pre and calling on flop.

Hand 2: I dont love that BB covers us but that still does not change that I am never calling this here off these stacks. I am either jamming over them or I am folding. Calling, even though you are on button, can set you up for some weird spots post flop especially when BB then tags along. I would base this on how loose bluffzone is and if they aren't that loose then I just fold. They raise to 1/3rd their stack so they are committed to the hand. Make a note on the limp jam player here as well as they did it with Q10 suited.

Hand 3: Once UTG folds then the effective stack at the table is 25 BBs and I would be comfortable getting 25 BBs in pre flop with AK as long as not one is nitty. I would have jammed over the opener without one in the middle but this is still a jam in this spot. Its not a big deal here with these stacks since its only 300 more but no reason to just call the raise there... jam over them and make everyone else still to act to jam in the hand. If we were super deep there then calling is fine but off these stacks, just jam over them.

Hand 4: Nothing to say, we have 1010 and 2.5BBs, easy get the chips in pre and hope we win.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Hand 1: This is a hand and spot I play differently based on whether we are in a freeroll with loose call station type players compared to if I was in a buy in tournament with players that might be a little less cally. I think in a freeroll here with this many limpers in front of me, unless I know they are going to fold or have a good chance of it I just take the cheap flop. I know its passive with AQ suited but against this many limpers and your stack, jamming is too much to put but any decent sized 3 bet (as you made it) is putting 25% of your stack in and you know in freerolls you are going to get called here a lot and then have to play out of position against many hoping you hit. For that reason in freerolls I just call here and believe that if I flop a good hand I have a good chance of getting paid for it since its a freeroll. Buy in tournaments of any decent amount, then I much prefer 3 betting here since you will get folds or at least get it to heads up more often.

I dont understand the flop check and call to a small bet after we 3 bet. I get that we are sitting good here without much to worry about but I still want to extract value. I much prefer leading here and you would lead here with bluffs at times and will get called in a freeroll often. Doesnt have to be a big bet but just 450-500 and then plan on jamming any turn card.

You check jam turn which is fine imo at that point but and you got 2 bets but those bets totaled 600 (counting the other villain) but I think we are much better off leading here after the 3 bet and get some people to tag along. Also if you bet 450 ish here and get a call from either villain then they are more likely to call turn as they will have committed themselves by calling pre and calling on flop.

Hand 2: I dont love that BB covers us but that still does not change that I am never calling this here off these stacks. I am either jamming over them or I am folding. Calling, even though you are on button, can set you up for some weird spots post flop especially when BB then tags along. I would base this on how loose bluffzone is and if they aren't that loose then I just fold. They raise to 1/3rd their stack so they are committed to the hand. Make a note on the limp jam player here as well as they did it with Q10 suited.

Hand 3: Once UTG folds then the effective stack at the table is 25 BBs and I would be comfortable getting 25 BBs in pre flop with AK as long as not one is nitty. I would have jammed over the opener without one in the middle but this is still a jam in this spot. Its not a big deal here with these stacks since its only 300 more but no reason to just call the raise there... jam over them and make everyone else still to act to jam in the hand. If we were super deep there then calling is fine but off these stacks, just jam over them.

Hand 4: Nothing to say, we have 1010 and 2.5BBs, easy get the chips in pre and hope we win.
Is hand 4 a defination of a badbeat?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is hand 4 a defination of a badbeat?
No, as you hit your card that wound up giving someone else a better hand. Its a cooler and not a bad beat but hard to call it a cooler when you started with such a small stack. It really is a hand where we start so small with a good starting hand so there is nothing to do but put it in and hope it holds.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands