$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: $$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: One All In, Raise With AQs?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: $$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: One All In, Raise With AQs?

Blinds: 150 300
Ante: 25

Hero(D): Chips-5600 :ah4: :qd4:
UTG: Raise to 900
2 folds
MP+1: Call
CO: Chips-15 All in

Hero: Reraise all in

UTG: Call
MP+1: Call

I thought this was a good raise because it was quite early in the tournament (only 15 minutes or so) and people had been reraising and going all in with quite mediocre hands. Should I have simply called here?

Flop: :4d4: :8h4: :qs4:
Turn: :9c4:
River: :3h4:

UTG: :ac4: :9h4:
MP+1: :jh4: :10h4:

CO: :4c4: :8c4:

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap re-raise/call/shove/fistpump. Whatever you wanna call it. Also you might be looking for the bad beat forum. It's here.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah I know about the bad beat forum, but I was genuinely wondering. A lot of articles that I've read have suggested that AQo is one of the more marginal of the top hands, and I read an article in pokerplayer which suggested that if you have a raise preflop followed by a call flat calling with AQo might be a better idea than shoving all in.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you get it in 4 ways with a dominating hand and lose, it's a bad beat.

if you want better feedback, provide reads, stack sizes, better description of the action. and don't post results.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A,Q in a rebuy in general even if early stages is snap call.

Like you might of noticed, people shove so so so wide as it's rebuy so it's about accumulating chips, A,Q is a monster in this spot and I call every time even if multi-way pot based on the fact you are often well in front, Any Ace/King 'X cards are thrown in PF.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A possible concern with shoving is that because it's a rebuy and not very far in, there's a decent chance you'll get multiple callers. While that wouldn't be completely awful, neither would it be ideal.

A question that comes to mind here is how many rebuys you're still willing to make. If it's 0, then I'd be less inclined to shove, and would give more consideration to folding rather than calling. When I've used up my budgeted rebuys and am down to my last life, I'm looking for a better spot than when I still have rebuys to use.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it's a profitable ev spot, take it. if you can't afford to rebuy in a rebuy tournament until you reach the add-on stage, however many that may take, then don't play it