$$0,55 NL HE MTT: First hand of the day...

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
$0,55
Game Options
  1. Bounty
  2. Turbo
Currency
$
I had just entered the tournament, my first hand KK. The villain opens to 11 BB. I thought it was strange. The next player called and I went all-in. The villain opens AA. But look what happened in the hand! My three-bet was swallowed up by AA runny runny.

Was I right to go all-in right away?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are aggro players to your left who you think could 3 bet often over an open and two callers (which would be 11 BBs each of potential dead money) then you can call here and try to induce the aggro player or pleyers to your left, especially if they cover the opener and both callers. Its also fine to just jam here too especially if we are 80-90 BBs as we look like we were starting this hand. For the record, you did not lose to runner runner as once the Ace came on the turn you were behind. You didnt do anything wrong but it was just a KK vs AA spot that we all unfortunately deal with from time to time

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there are aggro players to your left who you think could 3 bet often over an open and two callers (which would be 11 BBs each of potential dead money) then you can call here and try to induce the aggro player or pleyers to your left, especially if they cover the opener and both callers. Its also fine to just jam here too especially if we are 80-90 BBs as we look like we were starting this hand. For the record, you did not lose to runner runner as once the Ace came on the turn you were behind. You didnt do anything wrong but it was just a KK vs AA spot that we all unfortunately deal with from time to time
Yes, you're right. Good points.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You didnt do anything wrong but it was just a KK vs AA spot
This is pretty much it.

Whether you just called and saw your set on the flop and made it to the river, or if you did the way you did, the outcome would be the same.

Now, I recently had a hand where I was looking at a three-way all in holding AKs for about 30bb. That's maybe more what you should look out for.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands