$0.50 NLHE STT Turbo: KK vs JTs

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, it's hard to play micro, how disgusting I have limpers. I did almost 10 X pre flop, how will I read range like that? I raised high to isolate this type of hand ... I wanted to see the best whispered professionals playing in that field I guarantee that they would not win any.:)

pokerstars, $0.45 + $0.05 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (4 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

edyago1429 (UTG): 2,680 (89 bb)
BurlakA (UTG+1): 803 (27 bb)
0Lucky_Fish1 (MP): 1,968 (66 bb)
Rom4ik Dnepr (MP+1): 1,478 (49 bb)
dedetaps (LP): 965 (32 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (CO): 1,438 (48 bb)
schnuppe94 (BU): 1,458 (49 bb)
aggelao (SB): 1,222 (41 bb)
Taby433 (BB): 1,488 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (81) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is CO with K K
1 fold, BurlakA (UTG+1) calls 30, 2 players fold, dedetaps (LP) calls 30, 1MilhaoSemNada (CO) raises to 270, 3 players fold, BurlakA (UTG+1) calls 240, 1 fold

Flop: (651) T T 6 (2 players)
BurlakA (UTG+1) checks, 1MilhaoSemNada (CO) checks

Turn: (651) A (2 players)
BurlakA (UTG+1) bets 434, 1MilhaoSemNada (CO) calls 434

River: (1,519) 7 (2 players)
BurlakA (UTG+1) bets 95 (all-in), 1MilhaoSemNada (CO) calls 95

Total pot: 1,709

Showdown:
BurlakA (UTG+1) shows J T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 19%, Flop: 91%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%)

1MilhaoSemNada (CO) shows K K (two pair, Kings and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 81%, Flop: 9%, Turn: 5%, River: 0%)

BurlakA (UTG+1) wins 1,709

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should be glad to have players like that in your tournaments.

They will win occasionally, but you will win more.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should be glad to have players like that in your tournaments.

They will win occasionally, but you will win more.

Yes, I know I should think like that. But sometimes I feel that I lose more than I gain in these situations. But it must be an illusion ...
I know I make a lot of mistakes and I also made a post flop in this case. But opponents of these levels have no standards or pay attention to the game and that makes everything very difficult in a game of pure information. I never know what range I am playing with, the game is all about putting all the chips with value and giving up the rest because there is no bluff to pass and no value that does not lose equity along the streets. so the best thing to do is push fold from start to finish.

L

Living__M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This had maybe not worked if you raised preflop a little bigger. And keeping the pressure up on the flop to work against calling station

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Sizing is fine, its even a bit of the large side.

Flop
He have less than a pot sized bet left behind, and typically in these situations I tend to bet a very small size on the flop. It sets it up for an easy turn jam, and it also often induce a bad player to spazz out and put it in himself with whatever, he has, because he think, you are weak. If he check-jam, I am beating him into the pot, and if he called off 35% of his stack with a T in his hand, then more power to him. Congratulations here are my chips.

Turn
This was obviously the worst card in the deck, and he essentially moved all in. I think, you can actually find a fold now. You lose to both a T and more importantly an A, and I dont think, you have the best hand 1 out of 3 times with this board and action. You are probably also checking back the flop with a lot of A high, so you have many better hands to defend with than the cowboys.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise smaller pre flop. I dont want folds here and would treat the hand as I am probably going against a range of Ax and small pocket pairs. As played, I think you can bet small or just get it in there since effective stack is less than pot and if you had a 10 the villain would think that you would never be doing it with a 10 so they may be more apt to call with 44,55 or 77. If they have a 10 or happen to plunk their set of 6s then it is what it is. I just lean towards jamming flop as played since I think a smaller bet looks like you are crying for a call where your range could be wider with a jam. Probably giving villain too much thinking credit as I normally do but if they are not a thinking player then they are more likely to call any size bet so you might as well just put them in on the flop.

Checking is a bad play here since it gives the villain a chance to hit an ace and it also allows them to see another card which if it does not help them will make them more likely to fold to a turn bet. Much more floating will occur on the flop than it will on the turn.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with guys. In turbo tournaments for 0,5$ I think that there will be many weak players. I think that isolation could be a little smaller, about 6-7x, because bigger isolation, our opponent can fold pre flop his hand. On the flop cbet should be standard move, because I don't to give him free card. Sometimes he can has pocket smaller pocket pair and he can hit on the turn one of two outs. Besides can come ace on the turn and then we can have harder decision. This time opponent has Tx and win hands, but if you will play cbet on the flop, you usually win this hand. GL :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking at it again I agree, that the preflop isolation raise is to large. Both opponents only start with around 30BB, and we dont need to create an SPR lower than 1. With a hand like KK we are totally happy to get called and then play something like a 2 SPR pot in position. This time we would still have gotten outflopped, but that just is, what it is. Much more often a hand like JTs will flop top pair or a draw, and we can get our chips in postflop as a favourite.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with guys. In turbo tournaments for 0,5$ I think that there will be many weak players. I think that isolation could be a little smaller, about 6-7x, because bigger isolation, our opponent can fold pre flop his hand. On the flop cbet should be standard move, because I don't to give him free card. Sometimes he can has pocket smaller pocket pair and he can hit on the turn one of two outs. Besides can come ace on the turn and then we can have harder decision. This time opponent has Tx and win hands, but if you will play cbet on the flop, you usually win this hand. GL :)

Yes, thank you!

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In this limit of play I found the play to be very standard, usually the opponents bet without having anything. in the long run it is a profitable move.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The preflop raise is too big. I would normally start with a 3x raise and add 1 bb per caller. So normally I would go 5x here. If you have a read on that table that they limp everything, maybe I go to 6x or 7x to try and isolate one player versus playing against 4 hands here.

I agree with fundiver on making a small post flop bet. Considering your action, I would bet like 150-200 planning to jam turn.

The turn is gross. It's tough to see you having the best hand very often here. You heavily block any broadways he might have with KK. Most often he's going to have a pocket pair of sorts or Ax, AT is pretty heavily blocked but AJ/AQ are definitely in his range. I frankly would expect to see AJ off quite often based on his action in the hand.

It's super weird that he put 30% of his chips in to see a flop with JT suited. I personally would play that as a bluff jam or a fold, but against a 9x raise he has virtually zero fold equity so it's just a fold.