$0.50 NLHE STT: I don't know how to play this hand.

L

limakpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2738227

Hi , I don't know what to do in situations like this. Players at this level are not very good, but still didin't know what to do.

This is even more dfficult becuase i play against two opponents and don't have any reads.
FLOP
If a c-bet on the flop I' ll get calls from hands that beat me K9+ 77+ , maybe 22-77, 67, 78, 79,. Flush draws may call or raise depending on opponent. So there are many hands that would call me preflop and call me on the flop. If I cbet and I got call on the flop I can't really bet on the turn right ?

So I decided to check and I would fold on the flop if someone had bet.

TURN
Disaster card came. Now I have sth. Should I check or bet ? I thought that no one shown any strengh therefore I bet (this assumption was wrong because anyone with the king on this dry flop knew hat their bet would scare everyone).

And I get a call on the turn It could be a call from all kings that beat me, full of 77 and flush draws, and few hands that I beat like 78

RIVER
Now I can't really check can I ? All I can do is bet small and hope that my opponent calls with weak 7 and fold all his busted draws.

HOW WOULD YOU PLAY THIS HAND ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn you need bet very small like 70 chips because unlikely that this board can help someone. If you get calls then river check/fold, but you can call if villain make small bet. But better not to risk and river check/fold, when marginal situation you can not get very more value on this board at the beginning of the tournament. Better to play passively when you know nothing about your opponents

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c-bet flop almost always, to deny equity to others since our hand is almost always still the best or you have a lot of value in betting later streets if you hit or alternatively getting to a cheap showdown or possibly bluffing a weak looking player(possibly not the best idea in general in lower stakes). but yeah, overall their ranges will be looser than you would think preflop, so i think you get plenty of folds on the flop here.

on the turn you are basically in the same position as the flop, if either of them had nothing, they still have nothing. but now we beat pairs like 55 66 random 7x so theres value to betting, how much is debateable, theres pros to betting really big for value vs really bad fish here, also there is value to betting small like horizon mentions above, but overall your bet size isn't that bad, i'd probably go a little lower but it doesnt really make much differance i dont think.

river is an easy value bet to get value from all hands mentioned above, but now we also get value from stuff like JT that hit this river and may call a single bet. Check folding this river makes no sense at all really, C/C works, but overall a bet is way better than checking in general and quite happy to debate that one :)

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreeing pretty much completely with Wizzim above,
- I'd opt to c-bet the flop, somewhat over half pot I think
- I make a smaller turn bet unless I've seen villain blindly calling down flush draws
- I agree with value betting the river. A check/call might be alright, though, if we suspect villain is folding his 7x and weaker aces, but might also turn them into a bluff.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you played it bad. I think, on this particular board our hand warrants 2 streets of value. Which 2 particular streets are optimal is up for debate. I think if you go for 3 streets value you end up only being called by hands that beat you.

so you can A) check flop, bet turn, bet river (the line you took)

or B) bet flop check turn bet river

or C) bet flop bet turn check river.

I would often Cbet this flop, so I favor line B. I think check/folding this kind of flop OOP in a 3way pot is ok sometimes too but we're pretty much just giving up and our hand has decent equity on this board.

The risk of line "C" (bet bet check) is that you might not get all the way to showdown...if you bet twice then you check and he bets the river...depending on the bet size you might have to find a fold (as a lot of Kings and a few busted flush draws make up the majority of his range if he takes this line). You'd really like to get to a showdown with this hand, and so I favor line "B".

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands