Stacks:
UTG 58wally (795) 5bb
CO Navy Jones (7,170) 45bb
BTN HERO (865) 5bb
SB Rogalitos (2,420) 15bb
BB adamsgrizzly (2,250) 14bb

Blinds: 80/160

Pre-Flop: (240, 5 players) HERO is BTN :6c :6h
1 fold, Navy Jones raises to 400, HERO ???

I played this hand but I think was wrong move because I have put the hand in the ICMIZER and there the tool indicates a fold with 66, but a push with AA.

What do you think about this hand?

HERO goes all-in 865, Rogalitos calls 785, 1 fold, Navy Jones calls 465

Flop: :Qs :Qd :2h (2,755, 3 players, 1 all-in)
Rogalitos checks, Navy Jones checks

Turn: :Ac (2,755, 3 players, 1 all-in)
Rogalitos goes all-in 1,555, Navy Jones folds

River: :9h (2,755, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 2,755
HERO shows two pair, Queens and Sixes
:6c :6h
Rogalitos shows two pair, Aces and Queens
:Js :Ad

Rogalitos wins 4,310 (net +1,890)

Navy Jones lost 865
HERO lost 865

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM doesn't help much here, because it only looks at this hand, not at the future, basically it cannot work out we're screwed here. ICM always is skewed in spots like this. He is the chip leader, so even if we double up, our equity really doesn't change that much, the CL has a lot of it, and losing here to him doesnt mean that much, thus you, and the other players don't really recieve much equity in return. Now lets say we are facing a raise in this spot vs another 5 bb stack, now ICM will be much closer to a call here, because when we win, our equity jumps by quite a bit (knocking a player out). So basically, ICM is useless to us here, because it can't account for future spots, (well it can, with the edge function, but it's just guesswork).

with that in mind, lets use common sense/logic instead.

we have 5 bb's with 66, we are in last place, we need to make a move, therefore i call. simple.

Last edited:
Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
snap shove. If you fold, you'll have 4.5bb and be forced to pay the SB on the next hand. Be glad you have a pair and get it in.

Even if this is a 9-man with 3 paid, your situation isn't one where you can realistically blind down and expect two others to bust. Not that this would be good strategy anyway.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the second time I read through this thread and I am still wondering why there is question. If you arent shoving this then you have a problem that a ton of poker players have you arent shoving wide enough as you get short.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with shoving here, not only do you have just 5BB left, it's 5 handed and a turbo which means you have almost no breathing room left at all and it's time to take a chance.

I have the same problem that Rlde mentioned and I've been trying to address it. That 66 starts looking mighty good if you get nothing but garbage in the next few hands. You're going to wind up either shoving ATC from UTG, or getting hit by the blinds which may have gone up again by the time they get to you.

Keep in mind that when your stack diminishes to a certain point, even doubling up makes very little difference, you're still on life support. On top of that, when you get to or below 5BB your fold equity is draining away very fast.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the problem is to know use the ICMIZER better.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here and think nothing 66 this very strong hand, what fold when 5 bb, shove this very profitable vs most range cheap leader our hand has a good chance...

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gotta shove. you have little fold equity, so you're hoping for a lucky flip.

With your stack size you'll need a little luck no matter what goes down, and it's actually, IMO better that he raised into you so that you'll get some action on this hand. You need to double up more than you need to win the blinds so I'd shove here almost 100% of the time.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Navy got a stack and big chance he want steal a blinds with any straight draw or flush draws shove here is good move to go all in with 66 You need to gamble when You are in shortstack