$0.5 NLHE STT: Flush and straight Draw - Was a call worth the risk in the long run?

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.5 NLHE STT: Flush and straight Draw - Was a call worth the risk in the long run?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (7 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Hero (BB) (t2,550)
UTG (t3,200)
MP1 (t1,600)
MP2 (t810)
CO (t1,470)
Button (t2,845)
SB (t1,025)
Hero's M: 42.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif

4 folds, Button calls t40, SB calls t20, Hero checks

Flop: (t120) 5
diamond.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(3 players)
SB bets t985 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold
Total pot: t120
Results below:
SB didn't show
Outcome: SB won t120

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think its an automatic call because there is another player after you. If it was two players i may have called here because my loss was limited but I think a fold is fine because there is not much in the pot and not much information about the hand of opponents.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard question. IMO call isn't worth the risk in the long run, because here SB can have a better flush draw than you, so you can have about only 6 outs to the straight and besides pot is very small.

Last edited:
Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it's fine to fold and wait for a better spot, you only had 8d so if the villain had any of the remaining better diamonds then he would be drawing to a better flush, in which case you could forget about that escape route. If he had flopped a better flush already then your straight draw is no good either.

I also don't like calling in these situations where my call doesn't close the action, you don't know what the button is going to do. He might decide to re-shove and then you have to either put your tournament at stake on a draw, or fold and take a large hit. You have no idea at this point exactly what the button has, and it's not worth the risk.

Full Flush Poker