$0.27 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: FH over FH in 3bet Pot

N

Nigginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, i dont know how to copy hands out of AmericasCardroom so here is the link to the hand with their replayer:

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...af00b4b7e4869bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

What do you think about this hand? Was the flop and turn call a blunder? I'm not quite sure if i could really fold a full house here even if his play obviously screams strength. On the other side I'm not sure if it was worth to risk my whole tournament life (I was 3rd chip leader atm) in such a situation. Should i just give up an keep my chips for better situations?
Thanks in Advance!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played the hand perfectly fine. The turn card was not exactly ideal, because it did bring in AK and the more unlikely AJ. But even so you are getting around 2:1, so you only need around 35% equity to get it in, and I think you have that with JJ. The combos, that beat you, are AA (1), KK (3), AK (6), AJ (2) = 12 combos. If he play AQ like this, thats 8 combos, and then you are already good to go. Plus he could have some flushdraws or random bluffs now and then. So all in all just a bit of an annoying cooler spot.

N

Nigginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, you played the hand perfectly fine. The turn card was not exactly ideal, because it did bring in AK and the more unlikely AJ. But even so you are getting around 2:1, so you only need around 35% equity to get it in, and I think you have that with JJ. The combos, that beat you, are AA (1), KK (3), AK (6), AJ (2) = 12 combos. If he play AQ like this, thats 8 combos, and then you are already good to go. Plus he could have some flushdraws or random bluffs now and then. So all in all just a bit of an annoying cooler spot.
Okay thank you. What Range of Hands would you give him that does not have me beat? There could be some medium pairs which he 3bet, but what else?

Z

Zypher2212

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some Broadway in their range I’m sure.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay thank you. What Range of Hands would you give him that does not have me beat? There could be some medium pairs which he 3bet, but what else?

He could have a lot of AX, which all turned trips, and you only lose to AK and AJ specifically. Maybe some of his weaker trips should check back for pot control, but a lot of players at limits this low are basic level 1 thinkers, and its also a wet board, where he might put you on a draw and want "protection". If he can show up with AJ offsuit, he can also show up with a lot of suited aces, and I would not be surpriced, if say A8 of spades was taken for this line.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, yeah. I agree that it is cooler situation. No matter what you would do, you can't escape from this situation. I think that I play this hand a little more passive, because I see some hands in his range, like AA, KK and AKo, sometimes it will be AQ. So better full house is possible. As I said I could play this hand by call the turn and for sure 100% call on the river. GL :)