$0.25 NLHE STT: should i have shove on turn

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the hand i need some advice.i played badly on turn ,should i have shoved there as i have 11 blind left ,and only 11 player left .the big mistake i did was betting so low on turn than my intial raise and shoving on the river when i got my full house .. he has position over me so his call was correct and i played badly, i just wanna know how different can we play this hand and the correct play, i often do these mistake out of position..

[replay hand_id=820423 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=89C2F00D95]

Blinds .200/400 ante 25
Dealt to rrp{h3rtbkr} [Jh Jd]
rrp{h3rtbkr}: raises 800 to 1200
Wakkuum: folds
IvGGG: calls 1200
elay1711: folds
Smallvile423: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac Ad 9h]
rrp{h3rtbkr}: bets 800
IvGGG: calls 800
*** TURN *** [Ac Ad 9h] [As]
rrp{h3rtbkr}: bets 2488 and is all-in
IvGGG: calls 2488
*** RIVER *** [Ac Ad 9h As] [Qh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
rrp{h3rtbkr}: shows [Jh Jd] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
IvGGG: shows [Kd Kh] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)

ZekeRam

ZekeRam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at 11 bb left, and you raising to 3bb pre, no matter what the flop, shoving is the right move.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 11bb preflop need only shove , with short stack not for postflop game.

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with horizon with 11BB and JJ in your hand shoving pre-flop is your only move. Out of interest what sort of stack size did the villain have.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agreed jam pre. Other option is to raise pre and jam any flop, but I would reserve that for less vulnerable hands.

But your bet sizing is wrong anyways...let's pretend you had 30bb. raise to 3bb preflop. fine. get 1 caller OOP. Cbet OOP on that flop; fine. there is only 1 overcard and since it's paired it's less likely they are holding an Ace. But you bet too small on the flop. the pot should have 1200+1200+200+200= 2,800. You need to bet at least half the pot. I would probably bet 1,500.

Then on the turn, your hand is now most likely way ahead. It stands to reason that a bigger pocket pair would have jammed preflop (ok, well he didn't jam with his KK, but that was weird) and it's unlikely he holds quads. So you take whichever line you think is most likely for you to get it all in on the turn.

But all of that is irrelevant to your 11bb stack which should just be shoving preflop. Dude wakes up with KK and calls you and the board runs out with no help for you. Standard short stacked cooler.

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guyz , i was also scratching my head after that hand ,i should have shove there , pretty bad play by me and opponent was around 6k and mine was 5k . next time i am definately gonna shove with 11 bb if i got pairs like this