$0.25 NLHE STT: how u would have played it,call or fold

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this a hand from 25c 45 sng in poker stars , final table 5 players left

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 25 Ante (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button (t5,739)
SB (t22,838)
BB (t3,647)
Hero (UTG) (t10,748)
MP (t24,528)

Hero's M: 14.82

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J
spade.gif
, J
club.gif

Hero raises to t1,200, MP raises to t10,400, 3 folds, Hero raises to t10,723 (All-In), MP calls t323

Flop: (t22,171) 8
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t22,171) Q
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t22,171) K
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t22,171

Results below:
Hero had J
spade.gif
, J
club.gif
(one pair, Jacks).
MP had Q
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: MP won t22,171

the reason i called him here because of his bet preflop ,which was unusal as he called me all in after my intial 3x raise, i was thinking y would he called me all in preflop,he was a tight player ,normally he open with 3x or 4x raise,this was not the play he was making,previously when he had aces he make 3.5x raise before with me,i placed him in ranges AJ,AQ,AT s/o something like this, i was right with my hand ranges ,and in the flip i lost, i should have fold such a large raise ,i was comfortably placed in the tourney ,could have gone the distance

how would u have played

xastaria

xastaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must ask yourself only one question,did you want the 1st place in thAt tournament?If your answer is yes then you did the right move because after that pot you could have more changes to take the 1st place!You could be chip-leader!!!If your answer is no then you did the wrong thing,you could wait until your chips ends and you could be finish in 2nd or 3th place!FOR ME YOU DID THE RIGHT THINK!!!

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya oviously i wanna won that tourney, par i was also thinking after i played this hand, its gonna be flip , we both were tight at table he was chip leader, couple of hands before ,he lost his aces against mine AQs it was post flop play where i hit my set on flop , i guess becuase of these he thought i might raising some AJ+ again and he must have thought ,if he gonna call and again lost like last time as he played badly against me in post flop ,and if he reraise me ,if i decide to call i would be pot committed and it will go down the wire ,so all must have come acc to his decision of calling me all in there ....it gonna be flip anyways i guess

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I think, calling a shove all-in is a coin-flip at best. And you had 27BB, you could have waited for a better spot.

Attachments

• rashmi.jpg
    rashmi.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 37
horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this buy-in easy call, JJ our top range..

P

PBG789

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to assume that when villain, if he's a straightforward player, 3 bets all in to an early position raise its with a limited range and Avickter's post shows what that is likely to be. JJ is at the bottom of this range and is a dog or flipping with most of it. Hero actually put villain on range where he is flipping but made the call anyway. Yes you have to win some flips but you don't have to seek them out. That being said if hero decided that this was the time to flip then fair enough.

I

Icefavorit

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call for me ))0,25$ sng ))

B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling the all-in with JJ here is pretty standard in my opinion. You're playing to win, so I think it's right getting it in with the big pair.

MP is likely getting it in with AJ+ given his stack size and your opening bet, and perhaps wider. It's a flip, but it's a shot to win the tourney. Waiting for a better hand is likely to blind you into oblivion. Go for the win.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many threads here concerning playing JJ.

Usually, its a make or break result.

The thing here is, are you willing to double up or bust?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easiest call in the world lol, not sure why this is even getting debated.

Folding in Poker