$0.25 NLHE: SnG MidStage AI shove with TripJacks

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.25 NL HE: SnG MidStage AI shove with TripJacks

This is the mid-stages of a 45 man SnG on Stars. I have seen this particular player play quite loose, even calling AI bets with only TPTK on the flop. I know the initial JTo open 3xBB raise from MP is quite iffy, but I'm getting close to a 10xBB stack and I'm getting to the point where I have to start making some moves.

I'm lucky enough to land TripJacks, and I have position on the villain. He makes a 1/2 sized raise. At this point I'm thinking he is either trying to scare me off (which he's managed to do a couple of times), but I figure my hand is better. I'm thinking I either shove, or I fold and save what little chips I have left for a PF push. What do you suggest? Hand history below, thanks in advance!

Code:
[b]Hand Information[/b]
PokerStars - Get $50 Free No Limit, 200 BB (5 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of [url=http://www.pokerhandreplays.com]pokerhandreplays.com[/url]

[b]Table Information[/b]
Seat: 3 [color=Red]Hero[/color] ($2345)
Seat: 5 Player 5 ($16510) Dealer
Seat: 6 Player 6 ($3920) Small Blind
Seat: 7 Player 7 ($5210) Big Blind
Seat: 9 Player 9 ($3640)
Dealt to [color=Red]Hero[/color]
[img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/TS.png[/img] [img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/JC.png[/img] 

[b]Preflop[/b] (Pot:300)
[i]FOLD[/i] Player 9 
[i]RAISE[/i] [color=Red]Hero[/color]$600
[i]FOLD[/i] Player 5 
[i]FOLD[/i] Player 6 
[i]CALL[/i] Player 7 $400

[b]Flop[/b](Pot: $1300)
[img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/JD.png[/img] [img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/JH.png[/img] [img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/7D.png[/img] 

[i]BET[/i] Player 7 $600
[i]????[/i] [color=Red]Hero[/color]

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M < 8; you don't have much room to manuever with raises and such to start with. But as played you're not folding here for any reason short of a superuser acct to see if you're beat. Pot is 1900 with BB's donk bet and you have $1745 left...raise all-in and smile when he shows the FD or his A7.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove, no need for FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome) here.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why fold a monster? This is an easy shove. Board is drawy and no sense in giving a free card.

R

RhiNy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You folded? You definately should push all-in, guy could easily be pushing with A high f draw or just a higher Pocket pair, or even a bluff! Pocket that dough man!:)

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bare in mind, this is a mere twenty five cent buy in. Some players are inclined to push at any time. Raising the flop would find out how strong he actually is. You want to find out either if he does have a Jack, a seven, diamonds or sevens full. He's the drawing favorite if diamonds is his play. Yes, raise his his ass and make him pay to see the next two cards. you must be contempt with the pot size regardless of how small or large it is. Greed may cross your mind, however you also don't want to lose.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bare in mind, this is a mere twenty five cent buy in. Some players are inclined to push at any time. Raising the flop would find out how strong he actually is. You want to find out either if he does have a Jack, a seven, diamonds or sevens full. He's the drawing favorite if diamonds is his play. Yes, raise his his ass and make him pay to see the next two cards. you must be contempt with the pot size regardless of how small or large it is. Greed may cross your mind, however you also don't want to lose.
You're suggesting 'raising the flop' here?? How many chips do you figure that 'hero' will have left in his stack on the turn? (think about it... he's got around 1700 with 1300 in the pot.... villain donkbets 1/2pot >> 650.. even a 'min-raise' here would leave 'hero' only 400chips left in stack... then if villain called the pot would be 3900. A 400 bet on the turn??????
This is as easy a shove as you'll find. You cannot fold this 100% of the time.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Shove it in and don't be suprised when he folds or shows a 7 or flush draw.

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I indeed shoved, and got called by AJ. Not in the cards that day i suppose. But after playing in quite a few more tourneys (passed the 100 mark today) and having continued to read and study and post hands on these boards, I feel confident that it was a good call considering my stack size and position in the tourney at that point.

Thanks again for the responses, best of luck to everyone!

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
an easy shove here, just unlucky he had AJ. on a short stack, when u had J 10 and flop J J 7, heads up, a fold is unthinkable here. Also, its unlikely he would lead into with any hand that beats u but it just so happens in the is case he did.

R

rsr552

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well considering he was in position, your oponent could have just been playing a small ball strategy and called with almost anything. This could mean a small pocket pair or k 10 suited...theres no need to assume he would have you dominated with an A J...cause then he would have slow played the trips...ALL IN was definately the correct move in my opinion