$0.25 NLHE MTT: was it played wrong?

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys theres a hand I would like to ask if was a good play or not.
First of all, I never limp on button, this hand specifically was an unusual move because I was expecting his raise/shove, I noted that the villan was raising or shoving with any two cards, if I raised 3x maybe he would shove or fold, if he shoved after my raise he could had a strong hand but as I only limp he imagine I had nothing, and I was expecting for a raise as I was watching his moves. Anyway some people are saying was a very bad played, even after I explained my reasoning. Could you give your opinion ?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/15614796_49E9AE0814

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is microstakes, your game must be very simple and do not need to come up with a cunning plan when you have a marginal hand ( AQo has only 60% equity vs any two cards), also SB can limp too and will be very difficult to play this multiway pot postflop.

Preflop you need only raise because the pot already have antes and you can win pot immediately, if BB very often resteal just call him..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise/limp it wont matter if he's jamming any hand, wp

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent is capable of jamming light over limps, your play is fine.

Personally, I would prefer to just minraise here so the BB sees more dead money in the pot and has better reason to rejam.

N

NatalVallina

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise preflop. Your Range from the Button is huge. If you call the BB might put you on a stronger hand an the SB might call too.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, its a bad play for me.

It somehow shows a good play because you hit your hand. How about if Q didnt come up?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, its a bad play for me.

It somehow shows a good play because you hit your hand. How about if Q didnt come up?

yeah, because we are always facing 44 here when we call it off preflop. no way he also jams 45s or Q7s or A4 here since he's jamming ATC from the reads provided.....

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, because we are always facing 44 here when we call it off preflop. no way he also jams 45s or Q7s or A4 here since he's jamming ATC from the reads provided.....

True. I'd never play like this if I didnt knew he was shoving ATC, just a unusual move to mix my game

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems pretty standard for those levels.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he's raising or shoving with ATC then I don't think it makes a difference whether you raise or limp pre-flop, as long as you plan on calling his shove.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you had already read the villain's going to shove all the time with wide range of hand, I think the move was good.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a loose player like that it was a good call.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with your play. But I think he will put AI for any kind of bet you choose.