$0.25 NLHE MTT: 45 man SNG-Did I play it correctly?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just bad luck he has a hand he cant fold.

I think what you did is a standard play and no regrets at all.

shpilia

shpilia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion.

It is clear that it is not pleasant when you move. And the game does not give the whole way. Pocket nines weak hand, you're on the emotions got excited!

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is clear that it is not pleasant when you move. And the game does not give the whole way. Pocket nines weak hand, you're on the emotions got excited!

Pocket Nines weak 4-handed? I don't think so.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove preflop, raise is bad game against aggressive chip leader because if villain to call you bet, you will play postflop OOP with awkward stack size..

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
shove preflop, raise is bad game against aggressive chip leader because if villain to call you bet, you will play postflop OOP with awkward stack size..

I was pretty sure he was going to raise or shove, to be honest. He was always defending his blinds. Is there any point in shoving though since there isn't enough dead money already in the pot?

A

Alexandru24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove pre, blind vs blind you can get hands like A 5 to call you and you.

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first glance it looks standard to me and as stated above it is just unfortunate that the BB had a real hand. I honestly cannot say I would not have played it the same way considering the BBs past aggression.

However, I think there is a chance you can get away preflop. The 3bet looks very suspicious because of the sizing. His weak reraise screams for you to call/4bet and that he is trying to get you to commit more chips to the pot. I find it more likely that you will see a larger 3bet from the BB with more marginal hands attempting to get a fold.

Once you factor this in that you are near the bubble, in a hand with the chip leader and facing a suspicious 3bet, I think you can sometimes find a fold here. You are only 1 elimination from the final table, where the dynamic of the game would change and I give you more of an advantage with your shortstack and allow you to be more patient with your remaining 12 BB.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Near the bubble,i wont get involved with big stack,LAG no LAG.Also you still got some decent chips to play with.