$0.25 NLHE MTT: 0.25 Sng (45ppl) bubble - what should I do?

O

omote23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.25 NLHE MTT: 0.25 Sng (45ppl) bubble - Call with 77

poker stars $0.23+$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 8 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2827270
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: t8110 M = 6.24
SB: t3004 M = 2.31
BB: t2748 M = 2.11
UTG: t7876 M = 6.06
UTG+1: t24865 M = 19.13
MP1: t11459 M = 8.81
Hero (MP2): t454 M = 0.35
CO: t8984 M = 6.91

Pre Flop: (t1300) Hero is MP2 with 7h 7c
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t1400, 1 fold, Hero calls t404 all in, 2 folds, SB raises to t2954 all in, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t1554

Flop: (t7312) 8h Ts 4c (3 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t7312) Js (3 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t7312) 5s (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t7312
SB shows As Kh (high card Ace)
UTG+1 shows Tc Ac (a pair of Tens)
Hero shows 7h 7c (a pair of Sevens)
UTG+1 wins t5296
UTG+1 wins t2016

Cries, I finished worst place (8th, which is more horrible than 45th place) I really stressed about this,

Since I didn't received any good situation to shove, my stack became under 1BB. and I got 77, I shoved.
and As a result,..... 2 players knocked out(include me)

If I weren't shove, I could enter the ITM. Isn't it?

P.S (Sorry, I used Almost ALL hand converter tool however, It doesn't worked on this forum,,,)

Last edited:
horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clearly all-in , because many passive players in this buy-in, all will play fold while you're in the game.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be better to see how you got to this stack size, this hand we don't really have any good options, but i would think folding and blinding out hoping to squeeze into the money will be the best of two bad options imo.

But since you posted this key piece of information

"Since I didn't received any good situation to shove, my stack became under 1BB. and I got 77, I shoved.
"

Leads me to believe you are WAY too tight in shoving your stack in preflop. There should have been a ton of great spots to shove all in....

SO if you really want me to help you, post the entire hand history and i will show you the spots where i would have jammed my stack all in... up to you..

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have shoved pre-flop... but villain is most likely calling anyway with AT given the differences in your stack sizes (like literally, almost always).

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blinded down to less than 1bb

You should have been shoving waaaaay before this hand

O

omote23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be better to see how you got to this stack size, this hand we don't really have any good options, but i would think folding and blinding out hoping to squeeze into the money will be the best of two bad options imo.

But since you posted this key piece of information

"Since I didn't received any good situation to shove, my stack became under 1BB. and I got 77, I shoved.
"

Leads me to believe you are WAY too tight in shoving your stack in preflop. There should have been a ton of great spots to shove all in....

SO if you really want me to help you, post the entire hand history and i will show you the spots where i would have jammed my stack all in... up to you..

I played extremely tight when 8 players left(extreme bubble) there was 2 players which has lower stacks than me. however, they doubled up....

Plus, how can I send entire my hand history to you?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah with 45 mans and any SNG really, the goal is to cash first, sure, no doubt about that. But the thing people miss is that you also want to be leaving yourself a very workable stack size so you can get alot of first place finishes, or in the cash of 45 mans, top 2 positions.

SO basically you don't want to blind yourself down to under 3bb that often, you really need to pick away at pots and chip up also, you really need a balance of survival and taking risks to ensure you have a workable stack once the bubble bursts.

Also, the bubble is the perfect time to apply pressure, because people are wanting to make the money, or not make mistakes around bubble time.

you can post the full HH on a site like this http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/

then link us the HH.

O

omote23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah with 45 mans and any SNG really, the goal is to cash first, sure, no doubt about that. But the thing people miss is that you also want to be leaving yourself a very workable stack size so you can get alot of first place finishes, or in the cash of 45 mans, top 2 positions.

SO basically you don't want to blind yourself down to under 3bb that often, you really need to pick away at pots and chip up also, you really need a balance of survival and taking risks to ensure you have a workable stack once the bubble bursts.

Also, the bubble is the perfect time to apply pressure, because people are wanting to make the money, or not make mistakes around bubble time.

you can post the full HH on a site like this http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/

then link us the HH.
Ok! I'll post entire HH on here tomorrow! I hope I find a problem..

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Force call.

Your m is already low. Have to gamble. Either youll have a healthy stack or bust.

No regrets.

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should had loosened up much more when you had like 10BB. If you'd go bust, atleast not in the "worst place - 8th"

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It still a good call,even if your stack at 10bb you should be prepared to shove with 66+KQ+AJ+.With less than 1 blind it should be an instacall.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read up on inflection points. We should never get to the point where we have only 1BB. I know you were grappling for ITM, but... As our stack gets to a certain "M-Zone" (discussed in inflection points) we want to shove regardless of what cards we have, but dependent on the play ahead of us.

B

beastisdabest

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 1 big blind and a pocket pair you have to insta call, although like everyone else has stated, don't let yourself get blinded that low ever. Its way better to lose with 5-10bb trying to chip up than it is to get blinded out.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mandatory call it off and pray. Like others said the hands leading up to being in this spot would be more interesting and definitely a place to learn from more. Situations with smaller stacks doubling can be tricky as your trying to get into the $ but you must also be trying to target chips in the process to stay in contention when the shorts chip up.