No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Rebuy
Currency
$
pokerstars Hand #246938501085: Tournament #3668664185, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2023/11/05 14:53:42 EET [2023/11/05 7:53:42 ET]
Table '3668664185 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 2: Versalhes214 (1488 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: kesh713 (733 in chips)
Seat 4: Dariko57 (2915 in chips)
Seat 5: Tibiking007 (1497 in chips)
Seat 6: xd3rudvirus (2248 in chips)
Seat 7: PMolina12 (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: R.kelaotswe (1757 in chips)
Seat 9: VinHan (1374 in chips)
Versalhes214: posts the ante 3
kesh713: posts the ante 3
Dariko57: posts the ante 3
Tibiking007: posts the ante 3
xd3rudvirus: posts the ante 3
PMolina12: posts the ante 3
R.kelaotswe: posts the ante 3
VinHan: posts the ante 3
VinHan: posts small blind 10
Versalhes214: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to R.kelaotswe [9d Jc]
kesh713: folds
Dariko57: calls 20
Tibiking007: folds
xd3rudvirus: folds
PMolina12: raises 40 to 60
R.kelaotswe: calls 60

Versalhes214 has returned
VinHan: folds
Versalhes214: folds
Dariko57: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [4s Qd Ks]
Dariko57: checks

AbruptDragon1 is disconnected
PMolina12: checks
R.kelaotswe: checks
*** TURN *** [4s Qd Ks] [4h]
R.kelaotswe: bets 117
Dariko57: calls 117
PMolina12: folds
*** RIVER *** [4s Qd Ks 4h] [Kc]
R.kelaotswe: bets 468
Dariko57: folds
Uncalled bet (468) returned to R.kelaotswe
R.kelaotswe collected 468 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 468 | Rake 0
Board [4s Qd Ks 4h Kc]
Seat 2: Versalhes214 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: kesh713 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Dariko57 folded on the River
Seat 5: Tibiking007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: xd3rudvirus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: PMolina12 folded on the Turn
Seat 8: R.kelaotswe (button) collected (468)
Seat 9: VinHan (small blind) folded before Flop

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill try my best at this as using the hand replayer is so much easier on all of us that will analyze. It looks like we cold called from the button a 3x raise over a limper when we had J9 off. We are deep but I wouldnt do this. Maybe it can be considered with J9 suited on the button but J9 off I think is just a fold even this deep.

Flop: We flop a gutter but K and Q hit villains range. When they check I would be happy to check behind and see a free card. If they fold a lot then maybe we can bet for equity denial against Ax if we think they will fold but much more of the time I would just check behind and see what the turn brings for free.

Turn: Pairs the board with a 4 that I would not expect anyone to really have except some A4 suited hand once in a while. You get checked to again and fire what looks like it would be around half pot? maybe a little more. If you think they will fold then Im okay with it but you are going against two opponents who have also seen the board not really change with a 2nd 4. If you had Kx or Qx you probably bet flop for some value so I think you will get looked up here by Ax a lot. I prefer to just check behind here unless I know for some reason my opponents are looking to make a fold.

River: Board double pairs and now you bet pot. I know this worked for you but I dont like this either. How many times do you have a 4 or K in your hand with how you played it? A4, if you had it, might play it this way but would it go that big on the river if the way your opponents played have already shown they dont have Kx (and its only one hand)? I know they are not thinking that but I am just writing that so you start to think about that when you move to higher buy ins. I think this is another spot where as the hand played you might get looked up by Ax here. I understand that the pre flop raiser is gone by this point (I think) and its only the UTG+1 limper still in but they could have a Ax here and if they are thinking probably dont put you on Kx. So I know if we dont bet this hand we dont win it but even though it sounds weird at times, we dont have to try win every hand we vpip. I think this is a spot where the way the board ran out we just have less made hands since there are only 2 4's and 2 K's left and does Qx bet pot on the river on this runout? Again, maybe since we dont expect there to be Kx out there but we would also want value (targeting 55-99 type hands) unless we are trying to make it look like a bluff. I think I just check this one down thinking Ax will call sometimes when I do bet this and if there are no pair or Ax (unlikely I know) then J high plays.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars Hand #246938501085: Tournament #3668664185, $0.23+$0.02 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2023/11/05 14:53:42 EET [2023/11/05 7:53:42 ET]
Table '3668664185 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 2: Versalhes214 (1488 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: kesh713 (733 in chips)
Seat 4: Dariko57 (2915 in chips)
Seat 5: Tibiking007 (1497 in chips)
Seat 6: xd3rudvirus (2248 in chips)
Seat 7: PMolina12 (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: R.kelaotswe (1757 in chips)
Seat 9: VinHan (1374 in chips)
Versalhes214: posts the ante 3
kesh713: posts the ante 3
Dariko57: posts the ante 3
Tibiking007: posts the ante 3
xd3rudvirus: posts the ante 3
PMolina12: posts the ante 3
R.kelaotswe: posts the ante 3
VinHan: posts the ante 3
VinHan: posts small blind 10
Versalhes214: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to R.kelaotswe [9d Jc]
kesh713: folds
Dariko57: calls 20
Tibiking007: folds
xd3rudvirus: folds
PMolina12: raises 40 to 60
R.kelaotswe: calls 60

Versalhes214 has returned
VinHan: folds
Versalhes214: folds
Dariko57: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [4s Qd Ks]

AbruptDragon1 is disconnected
R.kelaotswe: checks
*** TURN *** [4s Qd Ks] [4h]
R.kelaotswe: bets 117
Dariko57: calls 117
PMolina12: folds
*** RIVER *** [4s Qd Ks 4h] [Kc]
R.kelaotswe: bets 468
Dariko57: folds
Uncalled bet (468) returned to R.kelaotswe
R.kelaotswe collected 468 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 468 | Rake 0
Board [4s Qd Ks 4h Kc]
Seat 2: Versalhes214 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: kesh713 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Dariko57 folded on the River
Seat 5: Tibiking007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: xd3rudvirus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: PMolina12 folded on the Turn
Seat 8: R.kelaotswe (button) collected (468)
Seat 9: VinHan (small blind) folded before Flop
Not looking at results

STT- strat before we start is to be tight early then loosen up after some knockouts or when blinds get high.
.25c level- Player pool is not tight enough early with range and call frequency is often too high
This means we are pot controlling marginal made hands and going for pot or over pot value bet sizing at this stage
Often at .25 flop bets mean little turn bets are more significant.

Ok preflop
Ok with have J9 off suit referring to the above strat easy fold preflop even before any action-EP limp CO raise it was an easy fold before now 0 reason to be in this pot

If we have a strong foundation of skill then it helps with the more complex turn and river decisions we may have- if however we ignore that foundation we have no way of playing the hand skillfully later---we just hope to bingo the hand.

U call- flop- easy fold we have a very bad gutter that gives another player a possible better straight when we hit

checked around great sort of- we now have to think AJ is more possible as no one bet.

turn we did not improve if we bluff we will be called which means 2 streets of bluffs which is a lot of bluffing vs V that also check call a Q

River we now have to bet again- we do and win great job

Think about the frequency of wins here -yes we will win but is this a good line to take over 1000/s of spots?

:unsure::geek:

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Ill try my best at this as using the hand replayer is so much easier on all of us that will analyze. It looks like we cold called from the button a 3x raise over a limper when we had J9 off. We are deep but I wouldnt do this. Maybe it can be considered with J9 suited on the button but J9 off I think is just a fold even this deep.

Flop: We flop a gutter but K and Q hit villains range. When they check I would be happy to check behind and see a free card. If they fold a lot then maybe we can bet for equity denial against Ax if we think they will fold but much more of the time I would just check behind and see what the turn brings for free.

Turn: Pairs the board with a 4 that I would not expect anyone to really have except some A4 suited hand once in a while. You get checked to again and fire what looks like it would be around half pot? maybe a little more. If you think they will fold then Im okay with it but you are going against two opponents who have also seen the board not really change with a 2nd 4. If you had Kx or Qx you probably bet flop for some value so I think you will get looked up here by Ax a lot. I prefer to just check behind here unless I know for some reason my opponents are looking to make a fold.

River: Board double pairs and now you bet pot. I know this worked for you but I dont like this either. How many times do you have a 4 or K in your hand with how you played it? A4, if you had it, might play it this way but would it go that big on the river if the way your opponents played have already shown they dont have Kx (and its only one hand)? I know they are not thinking that but I am just writing that so you start to think about that when you move to higher buy ins. I think this is another spot where as the hand played you might get looked up by Ax here. I understand that the pre flop raiser is gone by this point (I think) and its only the UTG+1 limper still in but they could have a Ax here and if they are thinking probably dont put you on Kx. So I know if we dont bet this hand we dont win it but even though it sounds weird at times, we dont have to try win every hand we vpip. I think this is a spot where the way the board ran out we just have less made hands since there are only 2 4's and 2 K's left and does Qx bet pot on the river on this runout? Again, maybe since we dont expect there to be Kx out there but we would also want value (targeting 55-99 type hands) unless we are trying to make it look like a bluff. I think I just check this one down thinking Ax will call sometimes when I do bet this and if there are no pair or Ax (unlikely I know) then J high plays.
i tried to paste this hand into replayer and i did not get it, thanks for the advice, usually in 0.25 stt there are a lot of bad plays, thats why i played it like this

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the converted hand history:

PokerStars, $0.23 + $0.02 - Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 (3 ante) - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 733 (37 bb)
UTG+1: 2,915 (146 bb)
MP: 1,497 (75 bb)
MP+1: 2,248 (112 bb)
CO: 1,500 (75 bb)
BU (Hero): 1,757 (88 bb)
SB: 1,374 (69 bb)
BB: 1,488 (74 bb)

Pre-Flop: (54) Hero is BTN with 9♦ J♣
1 fold, UTG+1 calls 20, 2 players fold, CO raises to 60, Hero calls 60, 2 players fold, UTG+1 calls 40

Flop: (234) 4♠ Q♦ K♠ (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (234) 4♥ (3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets 117, UTG+1 calls 117, CO folds

River: (468) K♣ (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets 468, UTG+1 folds

Total pot: 468
BU (Hero) wins 468

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
If CO had folded, it would be ok to isolate the limper. But when CO has already done that, I would just fold this hand. I would be more ok calling with J9s, but J9o mostly make weak pairs with kicker problems, and this is not a great hand to have in a multiway pot.

Flop
You flopped a gutshot, and CO missed his C-bet. I would take a stab at this, but its not terrible to check back either.

Turn
When they both check again, it really does not look like, they have much. But on the other hand you are also not repping much, when you make this delayed bet. Are you saying, that you cold called pre with a 4 in your hand? Thats not very credible. So opponents, who can hand read, might call you pretty light here. Maybe not a big deal in a $0,25 SnG, but something to keep in mind for, when you move up.

River
Interesting river because it dubble pair the board, and it also mean, that you are now playing the board rather than having J high. You literally have the worst hand, you can have, so bluffing should definitely be considered. Its also not likely, he is very strong, when he checked both flop and turn. The problem however is, that if you bet small, he is likely calling with anything, that beat playing the board including A high. And if you only get him off a chop, a bet has to very small to be profitable.

Then you can do, what you did, and bomb the river. The problem with that is, you are not telling a good story. By betting full pot you are essentially saying, you have a K. But you would most likely have bet a K on the flop. So an opponent, who can hand read, might hero call you here with anything, that beat playing the board. And for that reason I would check back and basically give up. Occationally you might chop, and when you lose, at least you got to see all 5 cards and realise your equity.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
If CO had folded, it would be ok to isolate the limper. But when CO has already done that, I would just fold this hand. I would be more ok calling with J9s, but J9o mostly make weak pairs with kicker problems, and this is not a great hand to have in a multiway pot.

Flop
You flopped a gutshot, and CO missed his C-bet. I would take a stab at this, but its not terrible to check back either.

Turn
When they both check again, it really does not look like, they have much. But on the other hand you are also not repping much, when you make this delayed bet. Are you saying, that you cold called pre with a 4 in your hand? Thats not very credible. So opponents, who can hand read, might call you pretty light here. Maybe not a big deal in a $0,25 SnG, but something to keep in mind for, when you move up.

River
Interesting river because it dubble pair the board, and it also mean, that you are now playing the board rather than having J high. You literally have the worst hand, you can have, so bluffing should definitely be considered. Its also not likely, he is very strong, when he checked both flop and turn. The problem however is, that if you bet small, he is likely calling with anything, that beat playing the board including A high. And if you only get him off a chop, a bet has to very small to be profitable.

Then you can do, what you did, and bomb the river. The problem with that is, you are not telling a good story. By betting full pot you are essentially saying, you have a K. But you would most likely have bet a K on the flop. So an opponent, who can hand read, might hero call you here with anything, that beat playing the board. And for that reason I would check back and basically give up. Occationally you might chop, and when you lose, at least you got to see all 5 cards and realise your equity.
This is a very good point about what we can bluff on the river because we did probe bet turn. Often we want to be thinking about using a two street bluffing strategy vs players that call too often as they will often call just one bet of any size especially on the river
:unsure::geek:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands