$0.25 NL HE MTT: !!!What would you do!!! ????

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
pokerstars, $0.23 + $0.02 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 (10 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

lolo2181 (UTG): 4,584 (57 bb)
LuBranigan (UTG+1): 4,238 (53 bb)
ratbat615 (MP): 6,081 (76 bb)
KBÇA/DF (MP+1): 3,468 (43 bb)
B4h4m4$ (CO): 3,711 (46 bb)
eddylasvegas (BU): 1,496 (19 bb)
DianaPro86 (SB): 4,801 (60 bb)
LeoMagrinni (BB): 10,223 (128 bb)

Pre-Flop: (200) Hero (ratbat615) is MP with K Q
1 fold, LuBranigan (UTG+1) raises to 160, ratbat615 (MP) calls 160, 1 fold, B4h4m4$ (CO) calls 160, 2 players fold, LeoMagrinni (BB) calls 80

Flop: (760) T 6 2 (4 players)
LeoMagrinni (BB) checks, LuBranigan (UTG+1) checks, ratbat615 (MP) checks, B4h4m4$ (CO) checks

Turn: (760) Q (4 players)
LeoMagrinni (BB) checks, LuBranigan (UTG+1) checks, ratbat615 (MP) bets 380, B4h4m4$ (CO) folds, LeoMagrinni (BB) raises to 800, LuBranigan (UTG+1) folds, ratbat615 (MP) folds

Total pot: 1,520
LeoMagrinni (BB) wins 1,520

Pre flop: I picked up KQo in mp utg+1 min raise and me the co and the bb calls.

Flop: Td 6s 2d everyone checks

Turn: Qd this gives me top pair with K kicker also the flush came in the bb checks utg+1 checks and I bet half pot the co folds and the bb check raises me now this seams 🧵 very strong 💪 everyone folds plus I had about 60 bbs left.

So what would you do ??? Thank you for your comment.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The same as you played, we are not pressed up with blinds/ stack ...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wouldn't Villain typically C-Bet this flop if they held a Flush Draw?

I don't play those stakes & am guessing villain can have a pretty f'n wide range there in that spot... 'but' wtf hand plays this way in this spot? As in, what is this player thinking
"Oh I flopped Top set... nobody bet when I checked... I was hoping to go for a check-raise."
"I think I'll check raise this turn with air because I saw some Twitch streaming Legend do that in the $10k Super Millions"
"Oh... he bet? I'm gonna Raise now... I don't know why... I'm just gonna do it"

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
This is a bit like the other hand. If you were closing action, or at least on BTN, then maybe this call is ok. But here you are facing an UTG open, and you have 5 people left to act behind you, and then KQo is just an easy fold. Cleaning up preflop makes postflop a lot easier.

Flop
We dont make money in poker by bluffing with air into 4 opponents, so standard check, and if CO bet, we just fold.

Turn
Two players have already checked, and even though someone could have you beat, I think, you need to bet for value/protection, especially against hands with a single diamond. BB now check min-raise, and while this does look strong, I am not folding. He could be goofing around with whatever or overplaying a hand like QJ or Q9. You also have position on him, so you get to see, what he does on the river, before its your turn to act.

I think, this bet-fold is giving him to much credit for basically always having a flush or other nutted hand, when he takes this line. Turn raises are often strong, but mostly so, when there was betting on the flop. In this situation there was no betting on the flop, and then we have to ask ourselfes, that if he had a strong but vulnerable hand like two pair, a set or even a small flush, would he really check the turn and risk giving 3 opponents a free card to draw out on him? Probably not, so he is repping pretty much the nut flush or nonsense. You are getting around 4:1, and I think, this is nonsense more than 1 in 5 times, so I am not folding here.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $0.23 + $0.02 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 (10 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

lolo2181 (UTG): 4,584 (57 bb)
LuBranigan (UTG+1): 4,238 (53 bb)
ratbat615 (MP): 6,081 (76 bb)
KBÇA/DF (MP+1): 3,468 (43 bb)
B4h4m4$ (CO): 3,711 (46 bb)
eddylasvegas (BU): 1,496 (19 bb)
DianaPro86 (SB): 4,801 (60 bb)
LeoMagrinni (BB): 10,223 (128 bb)

Pre-Flop: (200) Hero (ratbat615) is MP with K Q
1 fold, LuBranigan (UTG+1) raises to 160, ratbat615 (MP) calls 160, 1 fold, B4h4m4$ (CO) calls 160, 2 players fold, LeoMagrinni (BB) calls 80

Flop: (760) T 6 2 (4 players)
LeoMagrinni (BB) checks, LuBranigan (UTG+1) checks, ratbat615 (MP) checks, B4h4m4$ (CO) checks

Turn: (760) Q (4 players)
LeoMagrinni (BB) checks, LuBranigan (UTG+1) checks, ratbat615 (MP) bets 380, B4h4m4$ (CO) folds, LeoMagrinni (BB) raises to 800, LuBranigan (UTG+1) folds, ratbat615 (MP) folds

Total pot: 1,520
LeoMagrinni (BB) wins 1,520

Pre flop: I picked up KQo in mp utg+1 min raise and me the co and the bb calls.

Flop: Td 6s 2d everyone checks

Turn: Qd this gives me top pair with K kicker also the flush came in the bb checks utg+1 checks and I bet half pot the co folds and the bb check raises me now this seams 🧵 very strong 💪 everyone folds plus I had about 60 bbs left.

So what would you do ??? Thank you for your comment.
So often at this blind level players play faceup the min check raise is the nuts soo often easy fold- As to bet sizing no need to use 50% pot here 33% effects the exact same ranges but saves us chips if check raised or when the flush comes in and we have to fold then

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Preflop
This is a bit like the other hand. If you were closing action, or at least on BTN, then maybe this call is ok. But here you are facing an UTG open, and you have 5 people left to act behind you, and then KQo is just an easy fold. Cleaning up preflop makes postflop a lot easier.

Flop
We dont make money in poker by bluffing with air into 4 opponents, so standard check, and if CO bet, we just fold.

Turn
Two players have already checked, and even though someone could have you beat, I think, you need to bet for value/protection, especially against hands with a single diamond. BB now check min-raise, and while this does look strong, I am not folding. He could be goofing around with whatever or overplaying a hand like QJ or Q9. You also have position on him, so you get to see, what he does on the river, before its your turn to act.

I think, this bet-fold is giving him to much credit for basically always having a flush or other nutted hand, when he takes this line. Turn raises are often strong, but mostly so, when there was betting on the flop. In this situation there was no betting on the flop, and then we have to ask ourselfes, that if he had a strong but vulnerable hand like two pair, a set or even a small flush, would he really check the turn and risk giving 3 opponents a free card to draw out on him? Probably not, so he is repping pretty much the nut flush or nonsense. You are getting around 4:1, and I think, this is nonsense more than 1 in 5 times, so I am not folding here.
Thank you for your comment very helpful thank you 🙏

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
So often at this blind level players play faceup the min check raise is the nuts soo often easy fold- As to bet sizing no need to use 50% pot here 33% effects the exact same ranges but saves us chips if check raised or when the flush comes in and we have to fold then
Thank you 🙏 very helpful.