No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Rebuy
Currency
$

Was my check through the river ok, or i should have bet the river?
Try to analyse this hand without looking at villian's cards

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Was my check through the river ok, or i should have bet the river?
Try to analyse this hand without looking at villian's cards
Seems fine to me either V has a strong hand or nothing so check back river is logical.

:unsure::geek:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are we calling pre flop here? Is there anyone behind us that will 3 bet or has a track record of it and then we would just have to fold? I just fold this pre flop given position on the table unless every player at this table is really bad and I think its worth playing hands like a slot machine against them.

As for post flop... I think check flop is correct as we would be checking any two cards there except maybe some small pairs so its fine to just check and see what turn brings. Ace comes and I think we should check again as small pairs if villain has them (which they dont since they checked twice) would not fold anyway and the only better hand we could get to fold would be Q high which is a narrow target range. River gives us the 8 but if we think villain does not have small pairs due to how they played the hand (and I would not think they did) then nothing worse than our hand is calling so no need to bet. Good job imo by checking here and villain tried to trap but overdid it and got nothing/very little.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bet flop
as played bet river

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold Preflop, you moved yourself in a difficult spot with a marginal speculative/weak holding.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
J8s is not even a standard open from HJ. So when someone else have already opened, its definitely a fold. Maybe you can call or 3-bet with a direct suited connector like JTs, but this is to loose.

Flop
When checked to I would start bluffing. You dont have showdown value with J high, and if you are going to make such a loose call preflop, you have to use your position postflop to try to steal some pots. Its not even a big deal, if you get check-raised, since your hand is total garbage on this board.

Turn
As played I would not bluff now, since its quite possible, the A helped him.

River
There is not a ton of value to be had here, but I do think, you can make a small bet to try to get called by 22-77 or even Q high.

Results
Pretty bizarre that he did not bet his quads even once. But good for you, he did not bet the river, since you would have had to pay him off.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands