$0.25 NL HE MTT: $0.23 + $0.02 Hold'em NL - good all-in?

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
The hand was somewhere near the button, after this hand, it went down to the final table (7 places paid).
The only info I had about opponents is that Mr.Popz was min-raising pretty often.

Would you go all in?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hand was somewhere near the button, after this hand, it went down to the final table (7 places paid).
The only info I had about opponents is that Mr.Popz was min-raising pretty often.

Would you go all in?

ICM has us play very tight when we are near the bubble so we can fold JJ here vs Standard V playing too tight near the bubble-

Even if we do not have reads on the players themselves it is a UTG 9 bb open not shove vs a BB that covers easily and then a 7 bb shove with 2 big stacks left to act- Vs standard non-gto players those two actions suggest tighter ranges ( no results yet )
I would estimate UTG to have QQ+ AKs to just open -without reads of course- the CO can have smaller pairs and shove 77+ or worse

In that scenario JJ is a fold but if the UTG is weak JJ can call- we would not shove because the other big stack has 0 bluffs when we call and only plays hands they would also play for shoves. If they are ICM aware.

results now

You shoved and won -(y)
UTG was weak CO was as far up in the range as expected-
SB waking up with QQ means nothing as we cannot plan for that

with the UTG playing 99 like this we would call JJ most often with no read on the CO-

If you think your UTG player pool is this far off Optimal play in spots like this than JJ continue 100% calling or shoving - shove if the BB has more chips to get folds vs their EQR range is a fine play.
Shoving if the BB is ICM unaware is also the better play at this stack depth

:unsure::geek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes thats an easy all-in especially because both opponents are short, and you cover them.