pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
In a higher buy-in game when you have two people involved in that spot with normal bet sizes you have a tough time getting called by a worse flush. You probably only get called by a straight flush if you re-raise a bigger bet (or any bet).

But since it is a freeroll and they bet so small that I consider it a check just move all-in. Some people may think you are bluffing after they bet so small (if they think at all).

A mini-reraise screams: please call me, I have a really good hand.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with the above a lot except for jamming as this is still 2 to 1 SPR here on the river after we min raise (which as mentioned is not a good play). I think we should be raising large here to at 6k or 7k on the river just because I think in the long run its more +EV since you will get called more by someone with the Q, 9 or even 8 of spades whereas a jam of 20x there effective is not going to get called often at ll (but actually will sometimes rarely get a call, that I agree with in freerolls).

This hand pre flop is not great either. I know its just a limp and we are deep but a non suited wheel ace can you get in trouble if you cant fold post flop when an ace flops and you start facing any music. I think its better to pitch this one, even in a limp situation and I would much much rather have a hand like 76 or even 75 here then A5 unless its a game where everyone at the table is playing 85% of hands.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
Agree with the above a lot except for jamming as this is still 2 to 1 SPR here on the river after we min raise (which as mentioned is not a good play). I think we should be raising large here to at 6k or 7k on the river just because I think in the long run its more +EV since you will get called more by someone with the Q, 9 or even 8 of spades whereas a jam of 20x there effective is not going to get called often at ll (but actually will sometimes rarely get a call, that I agree with in freerolls).

This hand pre flop is not great either. I know its just a limp and we are deep but a non suited wheel ace can you get in trouble if you cant fold post flop when an ace flops and you start facing any music. I think its better to pitch this one, even in a limp situation and I would much much rather have a hand like 76 or even 75 here then A5 unless its a game where everyone at the table is playing 85% of hands.
The reason why i minraised was for value, i did not want Eristico to fold which i was successful into, if i raised to 7k he would instantly fold because he does not have a spade, so i avoided that situation and minraised for thin value

You can see that the players i was in a hand with had a better hand than mine, the reason i limped with this hand is that there was no aggresion from openers of that hand, so if there is no raise preflop, i wont hesitate to limp with A5o with 119bb stack in Cutoff position. But if i was around 50bb i would fold preflop. When i play a hand, i look at my stack size, to see whether i will be able to continue with a hand postflop.

In a higher buy-in game when you have two people involved in that spot with normal bet sizes you have a tough time getting called by a worse flush. You probably only get called by a straight flush if you re-raise a bigger bet (or any bet).

But since it is a freeroll and they bet so small that I consider it a check just move all-in. Some people may think you are bluffing after they bet so small (if they think at all).

A mini-reraise screams: please call me, I have a really good hand.
Haha yes, i avoided a situation whereby that player on my right would fold, which it was very likely since he had no spade

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A5off call is not great our V have a lot of better limped Ax- If we know this and dump our 1 pair hands post flop to agg we can call vs very weak players

River based on the Q9 that called your size was fine maybe they call 3k but they will just call the click most often

They are very weak players so as long as you dump the 1 pair hands post flop we can call with all our wheel aces we would limit our A6-7-8 combos to suited

:unsure::geek: