Will somebody stop Novak Djokovic in 2020?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think there is a tennis player at the moment that may stop Djokovic winning streak this year?

Doesn't it seem like an even more difficult task for the others due to the fact that the format in US open is 3/5 sets?

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem occurs when players won t even play him. The US Open are a tragedy and with Federer and Nadal out there is less chances he won t win there.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If injury doesn’t stop you, it’s unlikely at most maybe only Nadal might be able to do it.

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Covid might seeing as he dicked about earlier in the year with his mini tournament thing.

I

igo89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody will stop Djokovic, The only chance is to hope for the old Federer, I think he still has gunpowder in the powder kegs and he will say his word!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that somebody can beat him in the moment when nobody expect. Like 2017, when he faced Istomin in the 2nd round and he lost the match in 5 sets, which was very untipical for player like Djokovic to loose that kind of match against an opponent nearly to 100 place in the world then. This can be done again.

The other player, who can stop him is Thiem in my opinion, who was really near to the win against him in the Australian Open final this year. He was leading 2-1 sets, but did not manage to finish the match in 4 sets. If they face against this time in the final, it will be equaled match, but I don't know in what form is Thiem at the moment and can not bet if he will go to the final after 6 month without playing.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Djoko is spectacular. I root for him a lot.
I hope he's as long-lived as Federer.
Certainly we will have new champions, but for now I believe that Djoko will continue to win, although there are already excellent boys.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Djokovic will win the US Open and eventually surpass Federer in major wins. No one can stop him now and if he’s playing his best is simply better than everyone else

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In his match against Edmund in the 2nd was seen that if someone want to stop him, must play as Edmund in the first set, but not only in one set as the British player played. You have to be very aggressive and to put the ball always deep to the base line and the first serve should be on the highest level and that play should be for consecutive sets and hours, but the other question is there anybody who can do that for so long time. That is the only way now to stop Djokovic and Bautista Agut showed it in Cincinati last week, but the luck was against him in that match, but he was closer.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Novak Djokovic stopped himself. Stupid but true.:eek:

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that was hilarious. Novak Djokovic in frustration hit a ball that hit a line judge on the neck. He was defaulted from the tournament as a result. Maybe karma truly is a "female dog in heat" for having his party where he contracted Covid19. ;-)
Being Canadian I am hoping that either Denis Shapovalov, Felix Auger Aliassime or even better Vasek Pospisil will win the US Open. :)

Last edited:
Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I read the news and watched the video, it was impossible not to remember that thread. :D:D:D

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think there is a tennis player at the moment that may stop Djokovic winning streak this year?

Doesn't it seem like an even more difficult task for the others due to the fact that the format in US open is 3/5 sets?
He will stop)) He will stop himself))

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched the whole replay of what happened in that match vs Careno-Busta. At 5-5 in the 1st set with the score 0-15, Djokovic slipped and landed on his left hand, wrenching his shoulder in the process. He called for a trainer and after the injury break, at 0-30 he went on to lose that game 15 --- umm 50 I guess....Never thought how they score the winning point when the score is at 40 lol. Anyways with the games at 5-6 for Careno-Busta, Djokovic obviosuly frustrated with how things were going, then hit a ball to his left and hit a female line judge in the neck. Djokovic was obviously in trouble in the match and might have had to retire anyways due to his left shoulder being injured. Careno-Busta was also playing very well before Djokovic slipped. Djokovic has had similar incidents in the past that were also unintentional but where he failed to control his emotions and placed others nearby in physical danger as a result of his actions. Djokovic for sure did not mean to hurt the line judge, however I have never seen a professional tennis player hit a ball with some force as Djokovic did, towards any line judge or ball boy/girl. Denis Shapovalov in frustration in his first year when I believe he was 17 yrs old, did hit the official judge seated in the chair beside the middle of the court in the eye. The official required surgery which Shapo offered to and did pay for. Shapo also lost that match by default. The rules are clear. It does not matter if there was intention or not. If you choose to allow your emotions to rule your actions, you are responsible. Four points before this incident, Djokovic hit another ball in anger into a side fence. Novak tried to argue his side in his defense but what is troubling is that it took 16 minutes before the Officials actually came to the final decision that Djokovic would suffer the Default/Loss as a result of his actions. This was a black and white matter. This should not have taken any longer than 2-3 minutes and 5 at the most. What is very strange is that the Officials could not, under the rules, review a video replay for this incident. That makes zero sense. The Officials were also wrong in stating that because the line judge had to be removed from the court and treated, that Novak had to lose by default. It in fact does not matter if anyone was actually hurt or not. The actions of the player, as per the rules, are what should make these decisions fairly easy to make. It does not matter how good that player is.

As good as Djokovic is as one of, and possibly the best players tennis has ever seen, he needs some anger management help.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope that Nadal can win most majors of all time and my second choice would be Federer

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I read the news and watched the video, it was impossible not to remember that thread. :D:D:D

ahahahaha. So true, but to be honest I expected someone to beat him and especially in the match against Edmund when he faced a lot of issues and yesterdays match against Busta could be the same, but to be eliminated in that kind of way, that was the last thing I have imagine.:D:D:D:D

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just watched the whole replay of what happened in that match vs Careno-Busta. At 5-5 in the 1st set with the score 0-15, Djokovic slipped and landed on his left hand, wrenching his shoulder in the process. He called for a trainer and after the injury break, at 0-30 he went on to lose that game 15 --- umm 50 I guess....Never thought how they score the winning point when the score is at 40 lol. Anyways with the games at 5-6 for Careno-Busta, Djokovic obviosuly frustrated with how things were going, then hit a ball to his left and hit a female line judge in the neck. Djokovic was obviously in trouble in the match and might have had to retire anyways due to his left shoulder being injured. Careno-Busta was also playing very well before Djokovic slipped. Djokovic has had similar incidents in the past that were also unintentional but where he failed to control his emotions and placed others nearby in physical danger as a result of his actions. Djokovic for sure did not mean to hurt the line judge, however I have never seen a professional tennis player hit a ball with some force as Djokovic did, towards any line judge or ball boy/girl. Denis Shapovalov in frustration in his first year when I believe he was 17 yrs old, did hit the official judge seated in the chair beside the middle of the court in the eye. The official required surgery which Shapo offered to and did pay for. Shapo also lost that match by default. The rules are clear. It does not matter if there was intention or not. If you choose to allow your emotions to rule your actions, you are responsible. Four points before this incident, Djokovic hit another ball in anger into a side fence. Novak tried to argue his side in his defense but what is troubling is that it took 16 minutes before the Officials actually came to the final decision that Djokovic would suffer the Default/Loss as a result of his actions. This was a black and white matter. This should not have taken any longer than 2-3 minutes and 5 at the most. What is very strange is that the Officials could not, under the rules, review a video replay for this incident. That makes zero sense. The Officials were also wrong in stating that because the line judge had to be removed from the court and treated, that Novak had to lose by default. It in fact does not matter if anyone was actually hurt or not. The actions of the player, as per the rules, are what should make these decisions fairly easy to make. It does not matter how good that player is.

As good as Djokovic is as one of, and possibly the best players tennis has ever seen, he needs some anger management help.

I am totally agree that if the rules are saying that if a player hits somebody with the ball outside a play, never mind it is intentional or not, have to be disqualified. But that rule must be followed for every player, because last week Bedene made similar thing and showed similar behavior and did not receive penalty. Last year, Serena Williams was cursing the umpire 10 minutes and showed awful behavior and was not eliminated by default. She just lost one game. Rules are for everybody, but must be followed for everybody. That was the thing, which made a lot of people frustrated, because Djokovic was little damaged. Pretty severe penalty.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ironic title as it was himself who stopped himself

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He doesn't need anger management. It is necessary that the parents kick his ass in time and she reminds him how to behave.:)
But you are right, from a young age he was unrestrained.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It seems that the inner demons have stopped him on the way to a new Grand Slam title

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Novak fell out of the US open in a very unfortunate situation. I think young, emerging players still have no chance against it. Roland Garros is coming soon, where I think Rafael Nadal has a great chance, I think he is the only one who can beat.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Novak fell out of the US open in a very unfortunate situation. I think young, emerging players still have no chance against it. Roland Garros is coming soon, where I think Rafael Nadal has a great chance, I think he is the only one who can beat.
Don't underestimate Dominic.

Z

Zbrljakis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Djokovic

Djokovic is playing the most boring tennis in history but it is effective to win against Djokovic you have to play like him wait for your chance and still play boring :D

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well... He stopped himself