Why nobody speak about motocross ?

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The world of motocross is exiting, but many people want to talk about it. If you want to know more about this sport visit a lot of pages in this you can really know about a xtreme sport. Now the season of motocross is going better and better, but one of his favorite rider is no runing. I think that this sport need more publiciting.

Learn about motocros, supercross, free style, enduro and more about motorcycles.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very exciting but it just has to compete with other main stream sports, that are far more popular, i would say the lack of popularity has somthing to do with alot of people did not grow up riding motorcycles/dirt bikes, i watch it somtimes but thats cuz i have the speed channel and alot of the races on there:cool:

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not really on TV around here, but I do enjoy the X-Games every summer.

Kebo11K

Kebo11K

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know next to nothing about motocross and I consider myself to follow sports pretty well

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a huge Motocross fan... {see my avatar} from the Supercross in the winter to the AMA Lucas Oil outdoor season going on right now. I live 1/4 miles from one of the toughest tracks in the country, Southwick MX338, a sand track designed by the late Bernie Yelin, my next door neightbors father. Bernie was also the man who invented the forward falling gate, used in all motocross starts across the world.

I have been going to the Nationals since they were started back in the 70's. Both of my boys race the NESC series, the oldest running MX series in the country. There a Pro's that race every weekend with the kids including John Dowd, Jimmy DeCotis, Justin Barcia {Not so much anymore}.

Ill talk MX anytime, anyplace. It really is a sport you have to go out and see, you will be hooked!

smeg

smeg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunatley the sport in the US is kinda in a transitional period. RC retired a couple years ago, Bubba is not racing at the moment and Reed has quickly fallen off the pace. I am thinking next year when Pourcel moves up to the 450's and Villipoto is healthy things will pick-up. Pourcel, Villipoto, Dungey, and Bubba(???) next year could make for some very good racing. As far as international goes.....well sorry but the USA has been the dominant force in MX for quite a few years( I am old enough to remember when they weren't) and until Carolli, ect. start racing here, MXGP won't rank. Sorry but it is a fact..........I mean hell Villipoto ran away with the second moto of MXDN on a 250.

smeg

smeg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yea....really sucks that our best riders didn't race the USGP. Would have been more fun to interesting to watch I think........Although Carolli putting in lap times like he did while stuck in 3rd gear was VERY FREAKIN' impressive.

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw your post, that is very intersting for me. I wish goes to see an AMA rider in my country or maybe travel to US to see those riders. I not have a visa to go to your country, but when I have, one of the first thinks that I do is go to see a motocross or supercross race.

I have a lot cousins in US, they live in NY (Long Island), and they sometimes go to see a race.

I think that the 450 class is going to be better in supercross next year. If every rider is healhty. And I want to see James Stwart riding with another team like HONDA, because he need a team where he can race in motocross too.

I am a huge Motocross fan... {see my avatar} from the Supercross in the winter to the AMA Lucas Oil outdoor season going on right now. I live 1/4 miles from one of the toughest tracks in the country, Southwick MX338, a sand track designed by the late Bernie Yelin, my next door neightbors father. Bernie was also the man who invented the forward falling gate, used in all motocross starts across the world.

I have been going to the Nationals since they were started back in the 70's. Both of my boys race the NESC series, the oldest running MX series in the country. There a Pro's that race every weekend with the kids including John Dowd, Jimmy DeCotis, Justin Barcia {Not so much anymore}.

Ill talk MX anytime, anyplace. It really is a sport you have to go out and see, you will be hooked!

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whose you think that will go to represnt the US in motocross of nations this year.

I think that Ryan Dungy, Ryan Villopoto.....who else ??? Can be Bubba Stwart ????

Tell me your opinion please.... ???

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dungey for sure {He's seriously on FIRE}, Villipoto also and probably Weimer again or maybe Mike Alessi if he can stay healthy.If neither of those two, then hand it over to the young gun, Justin Barcia, this kid just fly's wide open all the time. He'll be a top contender in no time....

Motocross de Nations are back in the United States this year, over in Denver, Colorado @ Thunder Valley. Never been there, but would love to go to this event. I had a chance to got to the MXDN when they were in Budds Creek Maryland a few years back, but didn't. A bunch of friends went and said it was a blast.

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now a great news for motocross.......James Bubba Stwart, comeback for the last 4 races of the year.....thats sounds nice....because is a chance to prove how healthy is he and how good are the others that are racing during this year.

Welcome back Bubba....:)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now a great news for motocross.......James Bubba Stwart, comeback for the last 4 races of the year.....thats sounds nice....because is a chance to prove how healthy is he and how good are the others that are racing during this year.

Welcome back Bubba....:)
I hope Stewart is serious about his racing now. I've been watching his reality show "Bubba's World" on Fuel TV and he doesn't seem to be focused. Then his wrist injury seemed to take a lot longer to heal than most thought.

Plus what's up with Chad Reed? Epstein-Barr Syndrome? Too tired? Seems fishy to me, but w/e.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Stewart is serious about his racing now. I've been watching his reality show "Bubba's World" on Fuel TV and he doesn't seem to be focused. Then his wrist injury seemed to take a lot longer to heal than most thought.

Plus what's up with Chad Reed? Epstein-Barr Syndrome? Too tired? Seems fishy to me, but w/e.

Yeah Bubba's back, just in time to play in Southwick, My back yard.....wooot. I also watch Bubba's world and you're right, he does seem disinterested. But damn, with all the cash he's made, it would be tough for anyone to concentrate. He needs to stay away from Potter. :eek: He's still young, hopefully he gets the drive to compete back.

TBH, I think Reed will be concentrating on Supercross only. And alot of guys will follow. It's a lot less taxing on the body, and there maybe be more money in it for them. Bubba may go the same way. Four races will be plenty of time to knock off the rust and get him back in shape for SX.

August 28th, Southwick Nationals... If anyone is going, look me up. I get a parking space right outside the gates. Makes it nice to go back and tailgate during the down times at the races.

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks for your invitation and the parking space, but maybe in the future. When I go to US i meet with you to visit this track. I want ride too, but here this sport is too expensive.

I want to buy a motorcycle to practice enduro firts, and then practice some of motocross.....

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the AMA Lucas Oil MX will stop in my hometown of Southwick , Ma. Starting this evening at about 11:00pm, I load the truck and head down to the track @ about 4am. its only about 1/2 mile for me, but I've been working with the local police and the owners of the property to secure my favorite spot for parking.{Cash donations talk!} I park right at the front gate {well about 50 feet from it} on the home plate of the baseball field at the front gate. They let me pull a motocross trailer in and set up my pop-ups, My barbecue grill goes with me, chairs , tables, coolers {full, yes}. I expect about 20-30 people to stop by our "Pit Party'

We get to the track around 4am, set up all the above and scoot back home til about 8-9am. Racing and qualifiers start around 10am with the mains starting at 1pm. It'll be all over around 5pm. In between the qualifiers and the mains there are 1/2 to 1 hour breaks where we go back to the "Pit" and eat, drink and talk racing. It's really a blast.

Budweiser and our local distributor [Williams Distributing] has given me 3 all access passes this year for my family, which is awesome. These tickets are not available to the public, and I am a level 4 ticket holder, which means I can go almost anywhere I want. The level 5's are reserved for the mechanics of the racers. I plan on taking all kinds of video and pics and if anyone is interested, I'll post it here.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just back from the Southwick Nationals...long day...races are on Speedtv @ 9pm tonight.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of pics from Saturday at The 'Wick...Ryan Dungey clinched the championship here and Justin Barcia placed second for a good showing again on his home track.

Attachments

• Southwick MX338 002.JPG
    Southwick MX338 002.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • Southwick MX338 007.JPG
    Southwick MX338 007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Southwick MX338 011.JPG
    Southwick MX338 011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • Southwick MX338 040.JPG
    Southwick MX338 040.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Southwick MX338 027.JPG
    Southwick MX338 027.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about the ginormous pics...will resize the next load.
Pic #1 is our "camp"
#2 is the front gates directly across from camp
#3 & n$ are pics of track
#5 is our friend and local rider Jarrod Boothroyd

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought that it was really nice....I want to be there the next AMA race ....lol

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Great set up and pics, bet you had a great time.