Who Will Be The Arizona Cardinal QB in 2011?

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who will the cardinals start at quarterback for the 2011 season? i am hoping that we can draft a seriously gifted quarterback at the top of the 1st round...Andrew Luck, Jake Locher, or the Boise State quarterback will do...or as a long shot maybe get Donovan McNabb seeing that he does have a home in arizona!

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zzzzzzzzzzzzz... Huh? We have a Pro Football team here?

Kidding. Truthfully - lets just hope there IS a season next year with the labor agreement problems going on.

Skelton has the upper hand right now, but hey - isn't Vick a free agent next year? Imagine a Vick/Fitzgerald combo... wow!!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vick is never leaving Philly, he's in the perfect situation there, forget about it.

McNabb though, I could definitely see him coming to the Cardinals, but do you really want him? He's only getting older and he's never been able to lift his team all the way. You're only going to experience "really good" with McNabb at best, wouldn't you want to gamble on a young qb instead? You might strike out, but it's better to aim for greatness, right?

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would draft a quality QB -- that is the way to go. I think McNabb's best days are behind him. Though I think he doesn't really fit well with the Redskins, its too late in his career to be building a team around him. I also agree that Vick will want to stay in Philly.

S

steortex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ryan Mallett* be there best chance since they wont draft top 3 so they will probably draft a lineman and suck for another 10 years

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zzzzzzzzzzzzz... Huh? We have a Pro Football team here?

Kidding. Truthfully - lets just hope there IS a season next year with the labor agreement problems going on.

Skelton has the upper hand right now, but hey - isn't Vick a free agent next year? Imagine a Vick/Fitzgerald combo... wow!!!

Lol at your first comment.

But yea, skelton does have the upper hand. What happened to Leinart, didn't he used to be on the Cardinals? He's really a bust, wasted talent. Yea I doubt Vick would be coming to Arizona, or any other city for that matter. No reason not to sign on with the Eagles again once his contract runs out, they love him there and he's pretty much settled there now. Especially now with the way the Cowboys played this season, Philly could be the leader in their division....

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not like it really matters. Unfortunately AZ needs to restructure the entire team within the next 3-4 years to become real contenders in the NFL.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at your first comment.

But yea, skelton does have the upper hand. What happened to Leinart, didn't he used to be on the Cardinals? He's really a bust, wasted talent. Yea I doubt Vick would be coming to Arizona, or any other city for that matter. No reason not to sign on with the Eagles again once his contract runs out, they love him there and he's pretty much settled there now. Especially now with the way the Cowboys played this season, Philly could be the leader in their division....

yea philly is def gonna franchise vick

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McNabb is going to be the guy. After the season, McNabb is planning to meet with the Redskins and ask them for his release.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5956686

McNabb is too old and slow for the O-line that the Cardinals have. He would be killed back there. We need younger legs and a better blocking front line. When Skelton isn't freaking out and calling the wrong play in the huddle, he's actually very talented.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the cardinals should sign mcnabb and champ bailey then use there top draft pick on nick fairley the defensive lineman from auburn...i can dream right?