What about some love for the U.S. Women Soccer team in the World Cup?

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U.S. Women Soccer team playing in the World Cup came from behind to win an existing match against brazil in penalty kicks.

i

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Womens...ak-after-Quarterfinal-Win-Against-Brazil.aspx

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best soccer match I've ever seen. Its on ESPN3.com for free, you really have no excuse not to watch it.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0710_world-cup-624x443.jpg

Last edited:
mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard recently that only americans actually care more about their women's football team more than about the men's. Is this true?

Regardless, well done. I still prefer watching women's beach volleyball though :D

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no not true. normally womens soccer is like watching womens softball

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That pass from Megan Rapinoe for the last goal was perfect... and very impressive. I hope they can get momentum out of this and make a run for the cup.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha espn rated the wambach goal the #5 most dramatic moment in US televised sports (edit: of all-time)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many IQ tests do you have to fail to become a World Cup referee?

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, they are going against Japan now....

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard recently that only americans actually care more about their women's football team more than about the men's. Is this true?
Since our men's team is terrible, yeah its pretty much true.

That and women play the game with more balls than the men do. Men are always taking dives, and whining. The women seem to play the game a little more legit (the final minutes of the Brazil game notwithstanding).

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't mind giving them some love.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't mind giving them some love.
I wouldn't mind them giving me some love:D :p Looking forward to this final. Hope it's a good morale boost for Japan after the earthquake/tsunami. May the best team win:)

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Went down to the local sports book after reading this thread and looked at the different wagering options. Finally chose the "Oleada loca de goles EEUU" which is basically a "Crazy Wave of USA Goals".

I put down 20 Euros and get paid 220 Euros if USA scores 4 or more goals. OK it's a long shot, but I wanted to make it a lil' interesting. Go USA!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't mind them giving me some love:D :p Looking forward to this final. Hope it's a good morale boost for Japan after the earthquake/tsunami. May the best team win:)

I'd spread my love all over all of them.. at the same time, of course. They are a team afterall.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a great final they made some boneheaded plays in trying to clear the ball, that went right to Japan for the first goal then a great play, by Sawa on the second goal still don't know how it went in though.

Last edited: