Vuvuzela trumpets

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A thread is due about the unrelenting noise of the vuvuzelas during every match of the 2010 World Cup.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, I welcome them because everyone seems to be getting overly annoyed at them.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ban those cheap plastic bastards

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100 people are in a room watching one TV. 3 people dont like the channel for various and valid reasons. lets change the channel for those 3 people-sounds fair to me. lol

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100 people are in a room watching one TV. 3 people dont like the channel for various and valid reasons. lets change the channel for those 3 people-sounds fair to me. lol
Im yet to met a person(in real live) that doesnt get anoyed by these things.

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is gonna be my last reply and statement about these cheap terrible plastic things!!!

Got out with 5 of your best mates, to a live football game of your choice, with 5 vuvuzelas in hand!!! Get drunk with your best mates!!! (this is important!!!) and sing to your hearts content the passion for your team and then trumpet as loud as you can in tune with each other to the various tunes you can create with these loud arrogant toys!!!

WHY?

Heres the answer: Because youre FREE!!! because you can!!! because its cool!!! because its fun!!! because nobody cares youre making noise!!! because in day to day life you have to be socially aware that youre offending people with noise and then you have to stop because thats the right thing to do!!! so now that youre drunk, and youre with your friends, and youre free to make noise with your voice or with a loud obnoxious instrument GO FOR IT!!!

PWO PWO PWOOOOOO WPOOOOOOO

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cant modern technology block out all sound of a certain pitch so it doesnt have to be heard on TV? Then the live fans can keep blowing their hearts out.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played around with the built in equalizer in the TV this morning, almost eleminated the noise bags and can actually hear the crowd cheering.

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played around with the built in equalizer in the TV this morning, almost eleminated the noise bags and can actually hear the crowd cheering.

i wouldnt mind doing that cause i cant stand the noise. I was a little hungover watching the US vs. England game and I almost went crazy from this plastic pieces of shit.

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its sad that this world cup will only be remembered for the infernal racket these make. I have no problem with the during South Africa's games but ruining the games for other country's supporters is not on.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to convince people here to watch a World Cup soccer (football) game when those things are blaring for 3+ hours.

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spoils the football a little, although I'm finding I'm getting used to them a bit and can tune them out. Same can't be said about the neighbour who's bought one and blows it every so often in his back garden.

So much for it being part of the culture, you don't hear them when the SpringBoks play rugby.

ItsMe

ItsMe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And they sound like some very angry bees:

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: