Vick benched

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't know he was. During the game???? For whom? Nevermind. I've learned that Kolb will be starting next week. Why? Because he is their starter. You don't abandon him because he had a concussion halfway into game 1. Vick will still have an increased role, you can bet on that.

Last edited:
Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He wasn't benched. The Eagles wouldn't put a rookie QB in the game. Mike Vick might leave Philly after this year to find a team that will make him a starter.

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't think Vick was benched.

You might be wrong here.

I think Vick started out because of Kolb's concussion in the first game of the season.

When Kolb gets back, he'll be sitting. But I don't think he was last game.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He wasn't benched. The Eagles wouldn't put a rookie QB in the game. Mike Vick might leave Philly after this year to find a team that will make him a starter.

That's what I figured too. Vick doesn't mind moving around. But if he doesn't do the next to impossible here, he will leave, and be welcomed with open arms elsewhere. Possibly the Raiders. Again.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He's not benched, he wont be starting. I always thought of benched as mid-game.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know why Vince Young was benched?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kolb is definitely on the hot seat, he's going to get switched out pretty quickly if he doesn't look good.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vick is the starter. The Eagles have officially sold their souls to the devil. I'm almost embarrassed to live here (not from here, nor ever been a fan of any sports teams here, although wished them no harm).

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like one game can change everything or Kolb is really hurt. I hope the Jags don't embarrass themselves against the Eagles like last week because ESPN will be talking all about Vick's performance once the game ends.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vick is the starter. The Eagles have officially sold their souls to the devil. I'm almost embarrassed to live here (not from here, nor ever been a fan of any sports teams here, although wished them no harm).

I'm very happy that Vick is starting for fantasy purposes :)

But seriously you have to ride Vick's hot hand, Kolb hasn't proven anything and with Vick Philly might develop into a SB contender THIS year.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said last year after we were eliminated form the playoffs its time to get rid of McNabb and hand this thing over to vick for the next 3 years. They did the 1st, then to my utter dismay they gave a complete pig of a QB, Kolb, the starting job. I told people during the pre-season Vick and the Eagles have a destiny, and Kolbs lack of talent and durability would land him on the bench eventially. Thankfully it didn't take long. Talent wise, it isn't even close. Kolb built stats in college for a pass oriented team(Houston) always coming from behind. Vick on the other hand has proven himself in this league, 1 NFC championship game and 3 probowls, and is still relatively young. Kolb has a terribly weak arm and can't even outrun a linebacker out of the pocket. Vick throws sharp bullets, and can elude most DB's in the open field. When the Eagles signed Vick last year, I was ecstatic, my 1st comment was, in Reids system, this guy will flourish. I look forward to seeing Vick make his 4th pro bowl this year, and can't wait for a rematch with the Packers in the playoffs, when Vick will play the whole game. I could be wrong, most times I am, but from the minute we signed this guy I felt an excitement and belief and so far he has proven me right. I mean ask yourself this, last year when the Eagles signed him, did anybody believe he would ever start a game for the Eagles, and lead them to a victory? The three most important factors in winning in the NFL, are talent, talent, and talent. And this guy is loaded with it. Besides, how could you not root for the under"dog" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a huge Falcons fan so it's kinda bitter-sweet for me. I'm glad to see Vick playing again even if it's for the Eagles. Vick wins games. Worked out for us too. I love Matt Ryan.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andy Reid is looking worst everyday....benched Donovan last year, trade him in the division, said that Kolb is his guy, 3 days later he changed his mind even though Kolb is "healthy" because "they have some injuries in the Offensive Line" [What the F Andy?] he is starting Vick hoping they lose the next game so everybody will shut up about how Good Vick is.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I told people during the pre-season Vick and the Eagles have a destiny, and Kolbs lack of talent and durability would land him on the bench eventially. Thankfully it didn't take long. Talent wise, it isn't even close. Kolb built stats in college for a pass oriented team(Houston) always coming from behind.

Just makes you gotta wonder how talent scouts could be so clueless or flawed. Perhaps their flubs and firings are not quite as publicized as their long-standing 'errors'. Kolb has certainly had more time than anyone to make a mark. Look at Rodgers (behind a Hall of Famer with juice left) or Big Ben or Stafford, who were deemed good enough to put to work right away. The Eagles had to have reservations from the end of training camp shortly after Kolb's draft.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck eagles, but vick is known to play terrible sometimes....

After all, who did the eagles beat last week with Vick?

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Andy Reid said he has two quarterbacks that can win a championship. Vick lead the Falcons to the NFC championship game but Kolb hasn't even started a full season. If Eagles win this Sunday, I don't see Vick losing the starting job.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course not, but he wont take the eagles to the NFC championship game this season...

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Andy Reid said he has two quarterbacks that can win a championship. Vick lead the Falcons to the NFC championship game but Kolb hasn't even started a full season. If Eagles win this Sunday, I don't see Vick losing the starting job.

And as mentioned on the NFL channel this morning, can we trust anything that comes out of Reid's mouth after this week? Much less truly believing that Kolb can lead a team to the SB? That is for Kolb, no one else could believe this.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the whole reason the eagles got Vick in the first place.

He was brought here to start!

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the whole reason the eagles got Vick in the first place.

He was brought here to start!

Not sure about that, but the investment price of 1mil last year, and 5mil option this year was worth the risk. I couldn't believe how ridiculously cheap they were able to get him for.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure about that, but the investment price of 1mil last year, and 5mil option this year was worth the risk. I couldn't believe how ridiculously cheap they were able to get him for.

Err remember the whole dog fighting thing? I think most teams were scared of the PR nightmare, Vick owes them big for taking a chance on him and investing in him and rehabilitating his image.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Err remember the whole dog fighting thing? I think most teams were scared of the PR nightmare, Vick owes them big for taking a chance on him and investing in him and rehabilitating his image.
The NFL and strong images don't go together, football players get into shootouts in nighclubs, rape women, and yes kill dogs for their enjoyment. Does any Steeler fans really care how Big Ben treats women? No, they wanna know when the suspension is over. Any owner who looks at how signing a player will effect the image of thier franchise isn't using thier head. Fans wanna win, not root for a team with a squeaky clean image. Forget the past, whats the price and value today. Most fans consider all football players animals who go out and pound the crap out of each other for thier viewing enjoyment. So it was a no brainer signing him.;) Sad but true.