Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
www.ufc.com/live

It will be broadcasting live tonight, free on UFC.com! 9pm EST start time.

Here's the card:

Main Bouts:
Roy Nelson (13-4) vs. Brendan Schaub (4-0)
nfodvq.jpg

Jon Jones (9-0) -220 vs. Matt Hamill (6-2) +180
i.cfc
i.cfc

Houston Alexander (9-4) vs. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (3-1)
i.cfc
kd5opy.jpg

Frankie Edgar (10-1) vs. Matt Veach (11-0)
i.cfc
i.cfc

Marcus Jones (4-1) vs. Matt Mitrione (0-0)
1yk9vq.jpg

Preliminary Bouts:
Darrill Schoonover (10-0) vs. James McSweeney (3-4)
2igkrxf.jpg

Justin Wren (6-1) vs. Jon Madsen (1-0)
119ym1d.jpg

Brian Stann (7-2) vs. Rodney Wallace (9-0)
i.cfc
2v7t89z.jpg

Dennis Hallman (41-12-2) vs. John Howard (12-4)
i.cfc
i.cfc

Mark Bocek (7-2) vs. Joe Brammer (7-0-1)
i.cfc
2ch2k9i.jpg

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be watching.

I didn't know that Stann made his way over from the WEC. That's kool, I've always enjoyed watching that Marine kick some ass.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats gonna be sweet.. Ill stay up for that

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome, thanks for the info. I am kinda blown away by the Kimbo / Houston fight...is there something I don't know about Alexander. I'm a Kimbo fan, but he looked WEAK against Big Country, and I always thought Houston was a beast in the ring (I could be wrong). I hope Kimbo has been training hard!!

P

Pacman1042

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont understand why nelson and schuab are the finale,??

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Awesome, thanks for the info. I am kinda blown away by the Kimbo / Houston fight...is there something I don't know about Alexander. I'm a Kimbo fan, but he looked WEAK against Big Country, and I always thought Houston was a beast in the ring (I could be wrong). I hope Kimbo has been training hard!!

Houston went 2-3 in the UFC.. won his first two fights and then lost 3 in a row. Houston has a suspect chin and no ground game (he did when he fought in the UFC at least, that could have changed now). Kimbo and Houston are both notoriously stand up fighters.. with Houston being a bit quicker, but Kimbo having a more solid chin. It's a good match up for the both of them, and the UFC wanted to throw together a good fight.

I dont understand why nelson and schuab are the finale,??

Because they both defeated 3 guys on The Ultimate Fighter show to get to the finale. Everyone else lost.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roy Nelson by Tko
Jon Jones by Dec
Kimbo Slice by Tko
Frankie Edgar by Dec
Matt Mitrione by Tko

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nelson by decision

Hamill by decision

Alexander by KO in 1st

Veach by KO

Jones by decision

Snow :cool:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So, went to ufc.com, and apparently they're making you pay $10 online to see it, which makes no sense since it's free on SPIKE.. although, the UFC twitter page had been advertising it as free online as well...............

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL was just about to post this as well.. Oh well... I downloaded the program they told me too.. Only till after did they tell me u had to buy it..

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Country Baby all day long

KTFO Schaub

"I gotta get a Burger King"

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nelson Analysis

Saw this and it was sweet. The short old fat guy with mad skills smashed the superior kid. Easy analysis: Nelson took some LH jabs (kid had 4 inches height and reach) and then took him down, almost armbarred him but the powerful kid got away and up, then a bit more dancing and a few kicks then kid tried another jab.
Then the short fat guy Nelson ducked and swept with left arm and moved in faster than Jackie Gleason (I mean it was really fast and graceful) decked kid with 240 pounds of punch behind his right ear, coming down on his head.. Way zen! This was Tai Chi, they call it other names, but that move was very Zen.

Was a sweet short fight. I thot it would go the other way. :eek:

Anyone care to discuss this one?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wayyyy to many advertisements.

but roy nelson is legit.

Matt Hamill took a beating..felt real bad for the guy...even though he won

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn those were some good fights

Kimbo beating houston that was a good fight

and matt won that was anexpected win lol and the main event not bad atleast i saw a knockout lol

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw this and it was sweet. The short old fat guy with mad skills smashed the superior kid. Easy analysis: Nelson took some LH jabs (kid had 4 inches height and reach) and then took him down, almost armbarred him but the powerful kid got away and up, then a bit more dancing and a few kicks then kid tried another jab.
Then the short fat guy Nelson ducked and swept with left arm and moved in faster than Jackie Gleason (I mean it was really fast and graceful) decked kid with 240 pounds of punch behind his right ear, coming down on his head.. Way zen! This was Tai Chi, they call it other names, but that move was very Zen.

Was a sweet short fight. I thot it would go the other way. :eek:

Anyone care to discuss this one?

Sorry, I meant LEFT ear. Here it is:

YouTube- Roy Nelson vs Brendan Schaub Fight Video

Woops again final minutes r missing but will be available soon.

Last edited:
PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill discuss it with ya makwa...i thought nelson had a great fight..and i was happy he won..that brandon dude is a total doucher

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LAME! I really do NOT like Roy "fat country ass" Nelson! I will say he did improve 10 fold for this fight! I was impressed by that.

I did like the way Jon Jones showed how mature he was for such a young age after being DQ'd.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jon Jones is a stud.. dude's going to have a nice future in the UFC.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadn't watched the show during the season and only caught this last show. When I saw Big Country enter the ring to "I'm Fat" by Weird Al Yankovic, I almost pissed myself laughing. I was an immediate fan. How can you not root for the old fat guy?

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why post the link to UFC.com when everyone knows the fight was free on Spike?

Weird.

Anyways...

Okay card. Happy Kimbo won, looked like he learned a few things but still needs ALOT of work on the ground. His stand up is fine and when his ground work improves he'll be a force in the UFC.

Roy Nelson is a joke. The worst UF winner ever. When he has his first big match in the UFC he'll get beat badly and go back to farming and milking cows. Plus his ego needs to go away because I havent seen anything great with this guy yet.

I wish Fedor wouldve signed with the UFC and show these guys how a real heavyweight MMA Fighter wins fights.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why post the link to UFC.com when everyone knows the fight was free on Spike?

Weird.

Because I thought it was a free on the net; and this was for those who couldn't get to a tv, or had their cable shut off because their roommate didn't pay their end of the cable............................

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I thought it was a free on the net; and this was for those who couldn't get to a tv, or had their cable shut off because their roommate didn't pay their end of the cable............................

Looks like you should set up match between you and your roommate.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like you should set up match between you and your roommate.

lol.. my roommate's a chick, and my gf and I will be moving out at the end of the month. Long story short - things got a little heated after I had to cover 1/3 of her part of the rent this month, and we are going to go to the office on the 23rd (yeah, right before Christmas) and my gf and I are signing off of this lease.. the roommate had already agreed to this, and office said it was okay.

We'll be moving about 45 minutes north to Port St. Lucie, closer to my gf's family, and will be staying with her brother for a few months until we get a place of our own. But this is for another thread, lol.

I can't wait for this year to be over.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, been a shit year for me as well. 2010 cant come fast enough.

So basically the next UFC Event is on you? lol :)

Organize a Home Poker Game