Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's on now.. PPV just started.

Dennis Siver just beat Matt Wiman in a close 29-28 decision. Wiman thought he had won it and after it was announced that Siver won, Wiman yanked his hand away from the ref, threw his hat, and walked out of the octagon in a tantrum, lol.

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow extremly good event , alot of action all over ! :)

Too bad wanderlei lost so fast.. his chin is really done. So is his career, but he will be praised for eternity! :d

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really good card amazing how stacked the 155 pound division is while 135 is just the same guys in a revolving circle the ufc needs to establish the 135 and 145 divisions now that they are a full part of their company because the small guys are the most enjoyable to watch

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bahhh...I had to miss this one. I did meet Brian Bowles at the airport though which was awesome. He fought in the 4th fight - not sure if it was televised or not.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With this loss, Urijah Faber should fight Miguel Torres. Both seem to be going at a small decline in their career (although, I had Urijah Faber winning his fight against Dominic Cruz, 48-47.. Faber for rounds 1, 2, and 4.. and Cruz for rounds 3 and 5. 1 and 2 were very close... 3, 4, and 5 were more decidedly towards those fighters I thought, anyway.. though one judge scored it 50-45 for Cruz o_O)... but a few years ago, Faber and Torres were the top dogs in the WEC. It only makes sense that they should fight now. They both have big names in the sport.

Bahhh...I had to miss this one. I did meet Brian Bowles at the airport though which was awesome. He fought in the 4th fight - not sure if it was televised or not.

That's awesome that you got to meet him!

B

ballers101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this loss, Urijah Faber should fight Miguel Torres. Both seem to be going at a small decline in their career (although, I had Urijah Faber winning his fight against Dominic Cruz, 48-47.. Faber for rounds 1, 2, and 4.. and Cruz for rounds 3 and 5. 1 and 2 were very close... 3, 4, and 5 were more decidedly towards those fighters I thought, anyway.. though one judge scored it 50-45 for Cruz o_O)... but a few years ago, Faber and Torres were the top dogs in the WEC. It only makes sense that they should fight now. They both have big names in the sport.

That's awesome that you got to meet him!

I think Faber deserves a second chance at the belt, it went to the judges I thought it could have went either way. But because Cruz was the champ they gave him the benefit of the doubt. Still awesome fight.

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A rematch i think shouldnt happen until faber has won 2 fights or more decisivly.
I think to become champ you shall beat the old one decisivly. If they loose on a close decision etc (maynard edgar,machida shogun) id say they should earn their way back since they didnt beat the champ.

Faber vs torres would be a good matchup but heartbreaking you love em both ! :<

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great fight, but what was the judge thinking when he scored it 50-45??

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's on now.. PPV just started.

Dennis Siver just beat Matt Wiman in a close 29-28 decision. Wiman thought he had won it and after it was announced that Siver won, Wiman yanked his hand away from the ref, threw his hat, and walked out of the octagon in a tantrum, lol.
Can't say I blame him.

Hey, I just received some promo email about UFC Contests on BetDSI ($2,000 in prizes, going to top10%). Anyone else get this (or know much about it)?

I don't follow it much these days (MMA), & taking time to make picks... meh.. not sure if I feel like it (but used to be right into this stuff in a big way... also watched UFC from its inception, remember watchin' one of the first ones while working in a bar as a doorman... a few 're-matches' in the club after the show, lol, ... might've been UFC3?)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I remember watching a documentary on the UFC a long time ago in the 90's about how they were underground and all this stuff.. but I think the first actual UFC event that I watched was UFC 8, when they billed it as David vs. Goliath. They had newcomer, Don Frye at about 190 lbs., who trained under (and looked a lot like) Dan Severn against 400 lb. bare knuckle brawler, Thomas Rameriz (who they claimed had won 200 bare knuckle fights without a loss). Bell rings, and Don Frye KO'd Rameriz in 8 seconds, which held the UFC KO record for a long time.

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow guys seen the events coming up they are so stacked its unbelivble.
UFC 134 : Silva vs Okami In Rio whit all the top brazilians fighting will be an extrem event for sure!
Ufc 135: Jones Vs Rampage . They alredy did the press conference and such i cant wait for that main event but also the card has some really good matchups such as Nate Diaz vs Gomi , Sanchez vs hughes.
UFC 136: Whit 2 championship matches in the lightweight (maynard v edgar) and featherweight (aldo vs Florian)!
UFC 137: GSP vs Nick diaz man we got some events to look forward to i can't wait to se em! :D