Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You know the drill!

The winner of this challenge will win $5 from me from Full Tilt. There are 11 fights on this card, with a possibility of 22 points total. Pick the winner of the fight and how the fight is won (TKO, KO, Submission, Unanimous Decision, Split Decision, Majority Decision, or Draw).. you get 1 point for selecting the correct winner, and if you picked the right winner, then you have a possibility of getting another point for picking the way that fighter won. Whoever has the most points after the fights all over will win $5 from me on Full Tilt.

TIE BREAKER! - In addition to picking the winners and outcome.. I want you to pick who you think will win the Submission of the Night, KO of the Night, and Fight of the Night. These points will not matter unless there is a tie at the end of the contest. If there is a tie.. then the contestants who are in the lead in the tie will receive 1 point each for picking the correct Sub, KO, and fight of the nights, with an extra possible 3 pts.

Be sure to keep on eye on this thread just in case there card changes! If there is a change in the card, I will post it here as soon as I can, and you must make your change if you want that fight to be counted. If a change in the card is made a week or less before the fight is to happen, then that fight will be dropped from this contest.

Next to each fighter, I am putting their MMA record, and if they are in the Top 10 rankings of my own, I will be putting their rank next to them as well.

UFC 120 Fight Card
:
Middleweights: Michael Bisping (19-3, Ranked #6) vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (13-2, Ranked #8)
Welterweights: Dan Hardy (23-7, Ranked #4) vs. Carlos Condit (25-5)
Welterweights: John Hathaway (14-0) vs. Mike Pyle (19-7-1)
Heavyweights: Cheick Kongo (15-6-1, Ranked #7) vs. Travis Browne (10-0)
Welterweights: James Wilks (7-3) vs. Claude Patrick (12-1)
Light Heavyweights: Cyrille Diabate (16-6-1) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (9-1)
Heavyweights: Rob Broughton (14-5-1) vs. Vinicius Queiroz (5-1)
Light Heavyweights: Steve Cantwell (7-3) vs. Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)
Lightweights: Paul Sass (10-0) vs. Mark Holst (8-2)
Lightweights: Spencer Fisher (23-6) vs. Curt Warburton (6-1)
Heavyweights: James McSweeney (4-5) vs. Tom Blackledge (10-6)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My picks:
Akiyama via UD
Condit via SUB (Sub of the Night)
Hathaway via UD (Fight of the Night)
Kongo via TKO
Patrick via SUB
Diabate via KO (KO of the Night)
Broughton via TKO
Nedkov via UD
Sass via SUB
Fisher via TKO
Blackledge via UD

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last events ive betted whit my heart .. and i will keep on doing just that my picks :

Bisping UD
Hardy UD
Hathaway TKO
Browne KO
Patrick UD
ALEXANDER <3 KO (KO OF THE NIGHT) !! Swedish pride in the ufc <3
Querioz SD
Nedkov TKO
Fisher TKO
Blackledge TKO

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok...i really wanna pick akiyama..but his last fight is tellin me no so heres my picks.

Bisping via UD (fight of the night)
Condit via Sub (submission of the night)
Hathaway via KO
Kongo via KO (KO of the night)
Patrick via UD
Diabate via UD
Querioz via UD
Nedkov via UD
Fisher via TKO
McSweeney via KO

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My picks:

Bisping via KO
Hardy via Sub
Hathaway via TKO
Kongo via UD
Patrick via UD
Diabate via KO
Broughton via Sub
Cantwell via UD
Sass via KO
Fisher via Sub
McSweeney via UD

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bisping via UD (fight of the night)
Condit via Sub (submission of the night)
Hathaway via KO
Kongo via KO (KO of the night)
Patrick via UD
Diabate via UD
Querioz via UD
Nedkov via UD
Fisher via TKO
McSweeney via KO

I forgot one of the bouts lol oops

Sass via TKO

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My picks:

Bisping via KO
Hardy via Sub
Hathaway via TKO
Kongo via UD
Patrick via UD
Diabate via KO
Broughton via Sub
Cantwell via UD
Sass via KO
Fisher via Sub
McSweeney via UD

Bisping by KO ? I never thought i would find one but i just did.. A fan of micheal bisping! :p

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Got 4 in the running so far.. would love to get more. I believe we had somewhere around 8-12 contestants the first time I did this.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bisping by KO ? I never thought i would find one but i just did.. A fan of micheal bisping! :p

haha Bisping is such a doucher.

and mort we still got another 2 weeks almost so maybe more will sign up if we keep bumping this thread.

It's so badass that after UFC 120....UFC 121 is THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY....LESNAR vs VELASQUEZ.....phenominal month of fighting

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha Bisping is such a doucher.

and mort we still got another 2 weeks almost so maybe more will sign up if we keep bumping this thread.

It's so badass that after UFC 120....UFC 121 is THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY....LESNAR vs VELASQUEZ.....phenominal month of fighting

didnt know that NICE :D

Biggee247

Biggee247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pick the winner of the fight and how the fight is won (TKO, KO, Submission, Unanimous Decision, Split Decision, Majority Decision, or Draw)
TIE BREAKER! - In addition to picking the winners and outcome.. I want you to pick who you think will win the Submission of the Night, KO of the Night, and Fight of the Night.

Michael Bisping - Submission (Submission of the Night)
Dan Hardy - KO - (Knockout of the Night)
Mike Pyle - Split Decision
Cheick Kongo - KO
James Wilks - Majority Decision
Alexander Gustafsson - Submission
Rob Broughton - Majority Decision ( Fight of the Night)
Stanislav Nedkov - Submission
Paul Sass (10-0) - KO
Spencer Fisher - KO
James McSweeney - Submission

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tom Blackledge has been replaced by Fabio Maldonado (17-3).. I will scrap that fight from the contest, making 20 pts possible instead of 22.

Though, I would have Fabio winning via TKO.

lexnat

lexnat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Akiyama by SD (fight of night)
Hardy by TKO (submission of night)
Hathaway by KO
Kongo by KO ( KO of night)
Patrick by UD
Gustafsson by UD
Broughtton by SD
Nedkov by TKO
Sass by UD
Fisher by TKO

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
6 in the running altogether... I haven't even seen the results of the fight from last night, yet.. didn't get a chance to watch it.. but I will be checking them out now and will be putting up the results soon.

It looks like the Steve Cantwell vs. Nedkov fight was scratched from the cards, too.. so there were actually 10 fights, and out of those 10, 9 of those fights are actually counting for points on our contest with 18 total points possible (Blackledge dropped out of the fight with McSweeney, and he was replaced by Fabio Maldonado, but the late replacement does not count on our scores).

Last edited:
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fight results:

Bisping def. Akiyama via UD
Condit def. Hardy via KO
Pyle def. Hathaway via UD
Kongo & Browne fight to a DRAW
Patrick def. Wilks via UD
Gustafasson def. Diabate via SUB
Broughton def. Quieroz via SUB
Sass def. Holst via SUB
Fisher def. Warburton via UD
Maldonado def. McSweeney via TKO

Up next, I will post our contest results.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We all didn't do that great, lol.

4-way tied for 3rd (aka last)....... lexnat, ludo90, PattyR, and Mortis all had 6 points out of the possible 18.

ludo and Brian (PattyR).. you guys both forgot to make your picks for the Sass/Holst fight! That could have made a difference in your picks!

In 2nd place with 7 points.......... Riverrr! Riverrr.. you possible could have won or at least tied for 1st, if you had made the tie breaker decision of picking Fight of the Night, KO of the Night, and SUB of the Night.

But, our 1st place winner, also with 7 points is... Biggee247! Biggee won the tie-breaker by picking the correct KO of the Night! Although he had Dan Hardy winning by KO.. Carlos Condit actually KO'd Dan Hardy to pick up the KO of the Night.. wrong fighter, but right fight, lol.

Biggee.. I will be sending $5 to your Full Tilt account here in about 2 minutes. Thanks for playing everyone! I will be making another thread about UFC 121 in a little bit.. though, that one will not be for money. I won't be doing another money won until I get at least 3rd in another CC freeroll.

(I just tried to send you the money, Biggee, and you do not have your address and information filled out, so it wouldn't allow me to. Fill out that information, and once you do, let me know and I will send you the $5).

Biggee247

Biggee247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome guys, thank you very much ! It is all filled out for you. Thanks again!

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Hardy vs condit fight was phenominal....main event was incredibly boring...so pumped for next saturday though!!!

Biggee247

Biggee247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Hardy vs condit fight was phenominal....main event was incredibly boring...so pumped for next saturday though!!!

I could'nt disagree with your post anymore. Dan Hardy vs. Condit fight was a good fight, but dan hardy's stand up was crisp, condits wasnt he just caught hardy. I think they do it again, then condit would'nt hang.

Bisping vs. Akiyama was a very very good fight. It really exposed that bisping has absolutely no power and whenever Bisping fights wanderlei again, if they do, wanderlei will knock him out. It was a very very great stand up war. Great boxing, just wished akiyama would of finished him.

Next weekend will be some great fights though, so i do agree with you there.

Go get em brock!

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could'nt disagree with your post anymore. Dan Hardy vs. Condit fight was a good fight, but dan hardy's stand up was crisp, condits wasnt he just caught hardy. I think they do it again, then condit would'nt hang.

Bisping vs. Akiyama was a very very good fight. It really exposed that bisping has absolutely no power and whenever Bisping fights wanderlei again, if they do, wanderlei will knock him out. It was a very very great stand up war. Great boxing, just wished akiyama would of finished him.

Next weekend will be some great fights though, so i do agree with you there.

Go get em brock!

Bisping vs. Akiyama was boring to me because it seemed as though Akiyama didn't want to do anything than throw that wild right haymaker...he landed it early and thought that throwing it 6 times per round that he would win....looked to me like he wanted to lose and he couldve put together some more combos and mixed shit up better to score more points...bisping picked him apart and landed everything (whether hard or not)

I couldn't disagree more about condit. The dude looked incredibly fresh out there...kicks, punches, combos, spinning back elbow....dude had high confidence and if the fight happened again....Condit would walk away with the victory again...Jackson camp is full of top fighters and Condit showed he can stand and bang. Hardy now lost 2 in a row....wonder whats next for him.

Being from Ohio im excited to see Matt Hamill next weekend vs Tito's bitch ass...GO HAMILL

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hope Hamill beats whiney Tito, lol.

Wait, hold on.. Hamill and Tito are fighting? Well, this fight is going to suck.. they're good friends.. and those who know their fight history, when two fighters have a good friendship, then it's usually like watching a friendly sparring match. I think Tito's going to pull out the UD in that one.

Carlos Condit was on the edge of my rankings at #11.. so this win over Dan Hardy definitely puts him up there now and Hardy will be falling back some positions.

Carlos Condit was the last WEC welterweight champion, so I knew he could pull this off. I'm pretty surprised that he finished it via KO, though. Hardy can really take a hit (which he showed during his fight with GSP).. kudos to Condit, who is normally a submission fighter, for getting that KO.

Btw.. your $5 is sent now, Biggee! Don't spend it all in one place. ;)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bisping vs. Akiyama was boring to me because it was a Michael Bisping fight.

fixed. :)

The most entertaining Bisping fight was vs. Dan Henderson, when Michael Bisping had that epic knockout...... though, he was the one who got knocked out.

He had a couple of good lookin' fights during The Ultimate Fighter, though.. but since actually being in the octagon.. he's been yawn-worthy and overrated. I never did care for him.