UFC 118 Why I think randy is a bad pick for UFC to represent.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well again I will say this,, I just am so excited to see james Toney fight Randy C. or any other heavy weight out their that loves to stand up !!

Guys Like Randy and fedor are going to be pridefull of knocking out my favorite beast of a world class boxer is gonna be the biggest trophy in these UFC older heavy weight greats carrers. They will make the mistake and stand up to try and make history for themselves and then ,,,,,,,,,,, Lights out !!!!

James Toney will time them before they start the fight .. Why because Toney can watch video on a fighter and time them. He doesn't even need to fight them.. Thats how basic their stand up punches are ... I mean look how Toney Timed Holyfield can you imagine how easy it would be for Toney to Time randy !!!

In my eyes and if Dana white is smart he should of tried for fedor against Toney ..

Reason #1: Fedor like Randy is older and is not the future of UFC so if he looses its not that bad.

reason #2 Fedor is the best heavy weight stand up fighter thats not the futur of UFC.

Remember If Sam Peter (freakish huge beast) Couldn't knock out james Toney in the present , How in the world do you think randy will be able, Especially when Toney has World Class defense !!!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Randy won't be going for the knockout.. Randy will wrestle him against the cage, take him down, and lay some ground n' pound on him.. and Toney won't know what to do.

Randy by the end of the 1st round via TKO.

Also, Dana tried to get Fedor in the UFC, but he just wouldn't sign the deal.

I hope Toney comes prepared and in shape for this fight.

james-toney19.jpg

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am affraid you are RIGHT.. Sadly though... I just saw that interview with randy on youtube and he says I would be stupid to stand with Toney !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam ... Well at least we know no UFC fighter will even try to stand with the likes of james Toney Thats respect !!! Now I don't want Toney to fight . Because this fight wont say anything good about MMa or boxing in my eyes if it goes down like you say it will . It will be meaningless to me :(

Randy won't be going for the knockout.. Randy will wrestle him against the cage, take him down, and lay some ground n' pound on him.. and Toney won't know what to do.

Randy by the end of the 1st round via TKO.

Also, Dana tried to get Fedor in the UFC, but he just wouldn't sign the deal.

I hope Toney comes prepared and in shape for this fight.

james-toney19.jpg

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am affraid you are RIGHT.. Sadly though... I just saw that interview with randy on youtube and he says I would be stupid to stand with Toney !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam ... Well at least we know no UFC fighter will even try to stand with the likes of james Toney Thats respect !!! Now I don't want Toney to fight . Because this fight wont say anything good about MMa or boxing in my eyes if it goes down like you say it will . It will be meaningless to me :(

I Agree to this assessment. Stand up boxers have little to no experience while down on the Mats. Toney is relying specifically on punching with no Jui Jitsui training whatsoever. Just face it, the sad reality is MMA has completely taken over the fight world & there's no room for Old Fashioned Boxing.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I dunno about that.. I'm sure there are probably some fighters that would stand with and have good chance against Toney.. especially in the heavyweight division.. Couture's a smart fighter though, and a wrestler, so he definitely won't stand with him.

Shane Carwin would take out Toney in the stand up.. Gonzaga would have a puncher's chance. Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos also have a good chance.

I think it would be smarter of Toney to move down to the light heavyweight divison (I'm pretty sure Couture and Toney are fighting at heavyweight.. both right around 220 lbs. or so). He would have a better time in the light heavyweight division.. though, I see Rampage giving him a hard time in the stand up, and I don't see Toney beating Shogun in the stand up, either... or Anderson Silva, since he occasionally moves up to light heavyweight.

I really don't see Toney's UFC career going real far.. 10 years ago, sure.. but right now, he just got too late into the game.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno about that.. I'm sure there are probably some fighters that would stand with and have good chance against Toney.. especially in the heavyweight division.. Couture's a smart fighter though, and a wrestler, so he definitely won't stand with him.

Shane Carwin would take out Toney in the stand up.. Gonzaga would have a puncher's chance. Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos also have a good chance.

I think it would be smarter of Toney to move down to the light heavyweight divison (I'm pretty sure Couture and Toney are fighting at heavyweight.. both right around 220 lbs. or so). He would have a better time in the light heavyweight division.. though, I see Rampage giving him a hard time in the stand up, and I don't see Toney beating Shogun in the stand up, either... or Anderson Silva, since he occasionally moves up to light heavyweight.

I really don't see Toney's UFC career going real far.. 10 years ago, sure.. but right now, he just got too late into the game.

I am hearing you and I agree that Toney has no future in the UFC . As for anyone having a chance to beat him in a stand up fight, I see 2 People only .

#1 BJ penn if he was somehow able to grow himself to light heavy weight lol.
He has the best stand up in the uFC hands down.

#2 Anderson silva because his conditioning and toughness with some boxing ability.

Rampage style of stand up fits right into Toneys game Toney has 100's of amature bouts where guys like rampage's skill level is the same. believe me he would get knocked out.

Remember Toney is at home fighting heavier guys cause his old school style fighting in close mixed with that shoulder turn defense and allways knowing when to counter is a huge advantage over aggressive big guys with less boxing skills.. I believe no heavy weight UFC fighter has a chance in stand up with Toney

But a light heavy weight has a chance. 2 reasons why,,

#1 They are just as quick if not quicker because Toneys very old !

#2 They are gonna have better conditioning especially because Toney will have to move allot more with the lighter fighter . Mortise do you play in the private freerolls we have ?

I just started playing those from time to time but haven't seen you.. have a good week man..

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Agree to this assessment. Stand up boxers have little to no experience while down on the Mats. Toney is relying specifically on punching with no Jui Jitsui training whatsoever. Just face it, the sad reality is MMA has completely taken over the fight world & there's no room for Old Fashioned Boxing.

What if someone with allot of money decides to make a stand up fighting organization only !!

I wonder if thats to dangerous for the fighters health ?

I know i read an article somewhere that said their is little difference between the force you hit with with a boxing glove vs a MMa glove ??? Anyone know if thats true ?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am hearing you and I agree that Toney has no future in the UFC . As for anyone having a chance to beat him in a stand up fight, I see 2 People only .

#1 BJ penn if he was somehow able to grow himself to light heavy weight lol.
He has the best stand up in the uFC hands down.

Really? BJ Penn? He's more of a submission fighter.. a bjj black belt and World jiu-jitsu champion. Good stand-up, yes.. but I wouldn't say the best stand up in the UFC. I would give that to either Shogun or Anderson Silva.

He's TKO'd a few people.. but he's won more matches by submission. He's bjj black belt and national champion. Actually, most of his TKO/KO's came from his first fights.. out of his first 6 fights, he won 3 by TKO, 1 by KO, 1 by decision, and lost 1 by decision. He didn't get another TKO victory for 6 years, until he fought Sean Sherk in 2008, and hasn't had a TKO victory since then.

I think BJ Penn is highly overrated.. and I can't believe he's still on people's Top 5 Pound for pound list even after the Frankie Edgar defeat.. and a lot of people are still putting 2 guys who beat BJ Penn (Edgar and Lyoto Machida) further down the P4P list.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What if someone with allot of money decides to make a stand up fighting organization only !!

I wonder if thats to dangerous for the fighters health ?

I know i read an article somewhere that said their is little difference between the force you hit with with a boxing glove vs a MMa glove ??? Anyone know if thats true ?

For a "stand up fighting organization only".. just watch boxing or kickboxing.

As for the Boxing glove vs. MMA glove:

YouTube- Masters of Mixed Martial Arts Nat Geo part 3

The barefist (370 kilos of force) does more damage than the MMA glove (295 kilos of force), which is 2nd, but not much more than the boxing glove (291 kilos of force).

The boxing gloves are heavier, but your fist moves faster with the lighter MMA glove.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes BJ penn :) I got my information on BJ being the most skilled boxer by a guy named Freddy Roach . I am 100% sure Freddy Roach is correct on his statement that BJ Penn has the best boxing in the UFC :)

Freddy Roach also said Anderson silva was pretty good to .. After seeing what BJ did to diego I remembered what Freddy roach said and laughed and said dam BJ , your amazing,, bjj black belt / jiu-jitsu champion and you stayed standing up the whole fight !!!!

Yea Freddy roach is completley right on saying he see's BJ with the best boxing skills in MMA. You saw that fight right Mortis? As far as you thinking why is he still on people's pound for pound list , well I agree with you . I just see people looking at what he did in the past like beating great fighters in different wieght classes , Hey like James Toney :) So you give those kinds of fighters great respect..

Really? BJ Penn? He's more of a submission fighter.. a bjj black belt and World jiu-jitsu champion. Good stand-up, yes.. but I wouldn't say the best stand up in the UFC. I would give that to either Shogun or Anderson Silva.

He's TKO'd a few people.. but he's won more matches by submission. He's bjj black belt and national champion. Actually, most of his TKO/KO's came from his first fights.. out of his first 6 fights, he won 3 by TKO, 1 by KO, 1 by decision, and lost 1 by decision. He didn't get another TKO victory for 6 years, until he fought Sean Sherk in 2008, and hasn't had a TKO victory since then.

I think BJ Penn is highly overrated.. and I can't believe he's still on people's Top 5 Pound for pound list even after the Frankie Edgar defeat.. and a lot of people are still putting 2 guys who beat BJ Penn (Edgar and Lyoto Machida) further down the P4P list.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dam I tried the video but it woudln't work :( Thanks anyway Mortis.. I will try it again on youtube.. Take care

For a "stand up fighting organization only".. just watch boxing or kickboxing.

As for the Boxing glove vs. MMA glove:

YouTube- Masters of Mixed Martial Arts Nat Geo part 3

The barefist (370 kilos of force) does more damage than the MMA glove (295 kilos of force), which is 2nd, but not much more than the boxing glove (291 kilos of force).

The boxing gloves are heavier, but your fist moves faster with the lighter MMA glove.

Subversivecynic

Subversivecynic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's ready to get knocked out????

I am so ready for 117, I am hoping the match they have for Silva is a good one, i'm tired of seeing him woop the shit out of everyone. Now i know he's ****ing badass but come on, give the man a challenge. As much as i would like to see silva really be callenged my money is on "SILVA"

The lineup for UFC 117 has been announced and is scheduled for Aug 7, 2010 and will be held at the Oracle Arena, Oakland California between ‘Silva vs. Sonnen’.

Jon Fitch vs Thiago ‘ Pitbull’ Alves
Junior ‘Cigano’ dos Santos vs Roy ‘Big Country’ Nelson
Matt Hughes Vs. Ricardo Almeida
Tim Boetsch vs Thiago Silva
Dustin Hazelett vs Rick Story
Ben ‘Killa B’ Saunders vs Dennis ‘Superman’ Hallman
Clay ‘The Carpenter’ Guida vs Rafael dos Anjos
Johny Hendricks vs Charlie ‘Spaniard’ Brenneman
Rodney Wallace vs Stanislav Nedkov

WHOS YOUR MONEY ON?????:congrats:

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boxing and MMA are different sports. No MMA fighter would have a chance against even an old, washed-up boxer likeToney in a fight under boxing rules. Likewise, no boxer without some experience in wrestling/BJJ would have a chance against a skilled MMA fighter. They are different sports requiring different skill sets that take a lot of work to develop. I completely disagree with those of you who think MMA fighters could beat boxers at their own game. While MMA fighters have some basic proficiency in boxing, they don't have the hand speed or skills that world-class boxers do. And vice-versa when it comes to boxers and their ground games.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes BJ penn :) I got my information on BJ being the most skilled boxer by a guy named Freddy Roach . I am 100% sure Freddy Roach is correct on his statement that BJ Penn has the best boxing in the UFC :)

Freddy Roach also said Anderson silva was pretty good to .. After seeing what BJ did to diego I remembered what Freddy roach said and laughed and said dam BJ , your amazing,, bjj black belt / jiu-jitsu champion and you stayed standing up the whole fight !!!!

Yea Freddy roach is completley right on saying he see's BJ with the best boxing skills in MMA. You saw that fight right Mortis? As far as you thinking why is he still on people's pound for pound list , well I agree with you . I just see people looking at what he did in the past like beating great fighters in different wieght classes , Hey like James Toney :) So you give those kinds of fighters great respect..

Yes, BJ stood up the whole fight with another guy who is also mainly a BJJ fighter! The last time that BJ Penn fought another stand up fighter was when he lost to Lyoto Machida in 2005. But then again, you don't see too many stand up fighters at lightweight.

His boxing/stand up has yet to be legitimately tested against another fighter who's best known for an outstanding stand up... Frankie Edgar is the closest fighter that he's fought who has a really good stand up, and he got beat by him.

And BJ has lost more fights in different weight classes that he's won.. he's actually 2-3 in the welterweight division.. and 1-1 in the middleweight division. Well, he beat Matt Hughes once, but Hughes later defeated BJ, and he beat 2 Gracies, Renzo and Rodrigo.. and that's it. He lost to GSP twice, and Matt Hughes once in the welterweight division, and Lyoto Machida in the middleweight division (technically, there was no weight division during that fight, as BJ weighed in at 190 lbs. and Machida weighed in at 210 lbs.)

I am so ready for 117, I am hoping the match they have for Silva is a good one, i'm tired of seeing him woop the shit out of everyone. Now i know he's ****ing badass but come on, give the man a challenge. As much as i would like to see silva really be callenged my money is on "SILVA"

The lineup for UFC 117 has been announced and is scheduled for Aug 7, 2010 and will be held at the Oracle Arena, Oakland California between ‘Silva vs. Sonnen’.

There is already a UFC 117 thread in the sports section, here.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Boxing and MMA are different sports. No MMA fighter would have a chance against even an old, washed-up boxer likeToney in a fight under boxing rules. Likewise, no boxer without some experience in wrestling/BJJ would have a chance against a skilled MMA fighter. They are different sports requiring different skill sets that take a lot of work to develop. I completely disagree with those of you who think MMA fighters could beat boxers at their own game. While MMA fighters have some basic proficiency in boxing, they don't have the hand speed or skills that world-class boxers do. And vice-versa when it comes to boxers and their ground games.

Some MMA fighters train in boxing, though. Boxers don't train on the ground at all. So, I believe it would be more likely to see an MMA fighter beating a boxer in boxing than seeing a boxer beat an MMA fighter in MMA. But, a boxer does have a puncher's chance in MMA. Ray Mercer KO'ing Tim Sylvia in less than 10 seconds in an MMA fight is a very good example of that.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a hard one to figure out. The MMA fighter would obviously have to dropp MMA training totally and only have boxing trining and he would have to be naturaly fast because he would not have any amature fights on his belt and believe me that is the most important thing, I can't tell you how many friday night fights where teddy atlas points out that the guy doesn't have the amature fight experience and sure enough he ends up getting beat in the later rounds when the veteran puts pressure or changes up the game plan.
I seriously don't see MMA fighters beating any world class fighters even if they train for 2 years stright only boxing because of no amature experience. I say to years of training because I watched de La Hoya promote his Big Bear boxing camp where he said I can get you in compete form in 2 years.

Some MMA fighters train in boxing, though. Boxers don't train on the ground at all. So, I believe it would be more likely to see an MMA fighter beating a boxer in boxing than seeing a boxer beat an MMA fighter in MMA. But, a boxer does have a puncher's chance in MMA. Ray Mercer KO'ing Tim Sylvia in less than 10 seconds in an MMA fight is a very good example of that.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mortis thanks for discussing this sport with me . and hope to talk more about it when new fights come up. So I give you a youtube gift stright from Quinton Rampage ..

YouTube- Rampage Jackson Dry Humps & Nearly Impregnates Unsuspecting Female Reporter !!!

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like jon Fitch/Junior Cigano

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a hard one to figure out. The MMA fighter would obviously have to dropp MMA training totally and only have boxing trining and he would have to be naturaly fast because he would not have any amature fights on his belt and believe me that is the most important thing, I can't tell you how many friday night fights where teddy atlas points out that the guy doesn't have the amature fight experience and sure enough he ends up getting beat in the later rounds when the veteran puts pressure or changes up the game plan.
I seriously don't see MMA fighters beating any world class fighters even if they train for 2 years stright only boxing because of no amature experience. I say to years of training because I watched de La Hoya promote his Big Bear boxing camp where he said I can get you in compete form in 2 years.

I think two years is far too short. Joe Frazier said in the past that someone wanting to become a serious pro boxer needed at least 5 years of training. I agree with you on your point about needing to be naturally fast to be a top boxer. It is a trait I honestly don't see in the top MMA fighters. They are very strong and great athletes in their own right, but I haven't seen any with the fast hands of a championship boxer. And keep in mind that MMA gloves are much lighter than boxing gloves. Imagine how fast a champion boxers hands would be in MMA gloves.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah imagine zab judah swinging with MMA gloves bahahahaha .. You would have to put some color graphics tracking thingy on his gloves like in hockey with the hockey puck hahaha... he would get knocked out though if someone lands one punch lol...

I think two years is far too short. Joe Frazier said in the past that someone wanting to become a serious pro boxer needed at least 5 years of training. I agree with you on your point about needing to be naturally fast to be a top boxer. It is a trait I honestly don't see in the top MMA fighters. They are very strong and great athletes in their own right, but I haven't seen any with the fast hands of a championship boxer. And keep in mind that MMA gloves are much lighter than boxing gloves. Imagine how fast a champion boxers hands would be in MMA gloves.