Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Main Card:
Frankie Edgar (Champion) vs. BJ Penn (#1 Contender); Lightweight Championship - 155 lbs.
Randy Couture vs. James Toney; Heavyweight - 206 lbs.-265 lbs.
Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard; Lightweight - 155 lbs.
Nick Diaz vs. Marcus Davis; Welterweight - 170 lbs.
Gerald Harris vs. Alessio Sakara; Middleweight - 185 lbs.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My picks:
Edgar def. Penn via UD
Couture def. Toney via 2nd Rd TKO
Florian def. Maynard via UD
Diaz def. Davis via 1st Rd SUB
Harris def. Sakara via 2nd Rd KO

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Penn via SUB R4
Couture via TKO R1
Florian via TKO R2 only because he finishes fights at 155
Diaz via KO R1
Harris via TKO R3

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Penn via TKO round 3
Couture via TKO R1
Florian by submission R3
Diaz by Submission round 3
Harris Decision.

Love diaz , Love BJ ITS GO TIME WAR !! :D

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Cmon mortis , Edgar doesnt stand a chance against the prodigy. Check this video out and remake your choice ! :)

YouTube- The Best Damn BJ Penn Highlight Video on YouTube

... really?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Edgar-Beats-Penn-Again-Couture-Chokes-Toney-26619

Edgar beat Penn...... again.

This time, totally dominating BJ Penn... Penn didn't win a single round by any of the judges.

I've been saying for years.. BJ Penn is one of the most overrated mma fighters in history. Great fighter, yes.. but he is not a Top 5 P4P'er... he was still in Top 5 P4P lists after his last loss to Frankie Edgar.. and now he lost to him twice. He shouldn't be on the Top 10 list anymore.. and Frankie should definitely be up there now.

I went 3 for 4 in this one (Harris and Sakara ended up not fighting).

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Lights Out" got PUNKED!! I love it!

Boxing purists must be crying..... LMAO

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Lights Out" got PUNKED!! I love it!

Boxing purists must be crying..... LMAO

Why would boxing fans cry about this? MMA and boxing are different sports. If Couture fights Toney under boxing rules, Couture will have his brains smashed into pudding for as long as the fight lasts.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would boxing fans cry about this? MMA and boxing are different sports. If Couture fights Toney under boxing rules, Couture will have his brains smashed into pudding for as long as the fight lasts.

Yep, but they didn't fight under boxing rules did they? Boxing purists have never given MMA any respect and now one of their greats was dominated by a MMA guy. Heck, Toney didn't even get to throw a punch. It was a great night for MMA.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boxing and MMA are different sports. Couture is a great fighter who won easily under MMA rules. Toney used to be a great boxer who would win easily under boxing rules. Read what Couture himself had to say after the fight:

[snip]

To his credit, Couture did not look upon his victory as proof that a mixed martial artist could defeat a boxer. What it proved was that because you were once dominant in one sport, as Toney had been for most of his career in boxing, it does not mean you can step into another man’s arena and win a fight.
Sitting at ringside was Toney’s long-time boxing promoter, Dan Goossen. Last week Goossen issued a challenge to Couture that if he won last night at the Garden he should then come forward and step into Toney’s arena and box him.
Asked about that after the fight, Couture showed the difference between a college education and a graduate degree from the School of Hard Knocks, which is where Toney was educated.
“I would respectfully decline such an offer,’’ the 47-year-old Oklahoma State graduate said. “It would be about as silly as James coming in here. If I did it, I think it would go pretty much the same way. I’d probably get knocked out in the first round. It’s crazy to think because you’re a world champion you can just come and cross over into another sport. ’’

[snip]

Couture is right, and shows that he is more mature about this subject than most MMA fans.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...toney_no_leg_to_stand_on/srvc=home&position=1

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Urgh... I guess I just have to roll my eyes whenever an MMA vs. Boxing debate comes up. It will never end.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would end if the mainstream media would quit snubbing their nose and disrespecting MMA.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boxing and MMA are different sports. Couture is a great fighter who won easily under MMA rules. Toney used to be a great boxer who would win easily under boxing rules. Read what Couture himself had to say after the fight:

[snip]

To his credit, Couture did not look upon his victory as proof that a mixed martial artist could defeat a boxer. What it proved was that because you were once dominant in one sport, as Toney had been for most of his career in boxing, it does not mean you can step into another man’s arena and win a fight.
Sitting at ringside was Toney’s long-time boxing promoter, Dan Goossen. Last week Goossen issued a challenge to Couture that if he won last night at the Garden he should then come forward and step into Toney’s arena and box him.
Asked about that after the fight, Couture showed the difference between a college education and a graduate degree from the School of Hard Knocks, which is where Toney was educated.
“I would respectfully decline such an offer,’’ the 47-year-old Oklahoma State graduate said. “It would be about as silly as James coming in here. If I did it, I think it would go pretty much the same way. I’d probably get knocked out in the first round. It’s crazy to think because you’re a world champion you can just come and cross over into another sport. ’’

[snip]

Couture is right, and shows that he is more mature about this subject than most MMA fans.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...toney_no_leg_to_stand_on/srvc=home&position=1

Of course Couture knows he'd get destroyed in a boxing match with Toney. I agree with that 100%.

My comments weren't directed toward boxing fans. They were directed to the media and the purists who refuse to give props to MMA. Every boxing analyst I've seen comment on MMA has no respect for it.