Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Main Card:
Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin (Heavyweight Championship; 206 lbs. - 265 lbs.)
Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (Light Heavyweights; 205 lbs.)
Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown (Welterweights; 170 lbs.)
Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar (Light Heavyweights; 205 lbs.)
George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino (Lightweights; 155 lbs.)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My picks:
Carwin via 1st Rd TKO
Akiyama via UD
Brown via 3rd Rd TKO
Soszynski via UD
Sotiropoulos via 1st Rd SUB

ludo90

ludo90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does wandy have to train so hard >.< was looking forward too see him.

Although my picks are :

Carwin via TKO 2nd round
Yoshihiro by UD
Brown 2nd Round TKO!
Sozsinski TKO 1st round.
Pellegrino UD.

well see only hyped for one fight durign this event.. obv which one ;)

P

Piranha 131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carwin v lesnar is going to be epic!!! It's a great way to go into the 4th of July.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
TONIGHT!

Watching the weigh ins right now... didn't realize that "The Man Who Single-Handedly Killed EliteXC" (Joe Rogan's words, lol) Seth Petruzelli is fighting tonight.. on SPIKE for free - against Carlos Romero.

For those who don't know.. Seth Petruzelli is the one who handed Kimbo Slice's first loss to him in less than 30 seconds live in CBS in the EliteXC... EliteXC built their promotion around Kimbo and just overhyped him.

About the heavyweight fight.. whoever wins tonight will be the Heavyweight Champion for a long time.

Last edited:
lexnat

lexnat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UFC 116 (July 3, 2010)
Main Card:
Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin (Heavyweight Championship; 206 lbs. - 265 lbs.)
Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (Light Heavyweights; 205 lbs.)
Chris Lytle vs. Matt Brown (Welterweights; 170 lbs.)
Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Stephan Bonnar (Light Heavyweights; 205 lbs.)
George Sotiropoulos vs. Kurt Pellegrino (Lightweights; 155 lbs.)

I like Lesnar
Leben
Brown
Soszynski
Sotiropoulos

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spoiler....

Lesnar is Da Man! Carwin taps out!

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's next for Brock? I thought I heard them mention Big Country Vs. Dos Santos. Will the winner face Lesnar? I can see either one of them out-striking Brock, but I think he'd dominate either one with his wrestling.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Spoiler....

Lesnar is Da Man! Carwin taps out!

He sure was the man in the 1st round when he was running from Carwin after he put the hurt on him.

Lesnar was on the ground pulling a Frank Mir, and the ref never called it. I thought it should have been called then, since he wasn't defending properly.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Who's next for Brock? I thought I heard them mention Big Country Vs. Dos Santos. Will the winner face Lesnar? I can see either one of them out-striking Brock, but I think he'd dominate either one with his wrestling.

They already said Cain Velasquez was next in line for a title shot.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He sure was the man in the 1st round when he was running from Carwin after he put the hurt on him.

Lesnar was on the ground pulling a Frank Mir, and the ref never called it. I thought it should have been called then, since he wasn't defending properly.

Jay. I ordered this PPV right before it started. Watched the undercard. U may know much much more than me, and just to put it bluntly I thought Brock defended from his back very well. Carwin got off of him for a bit as well when he had him for the ground and pound due to exhaustion. I'am not a pro on this stuff but I sure enjoyed the fights tonight and just so Iam clear even if noone agrees with me,,,, Brock absorbed what he had to and deserved to win this fight imo

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't watch the fight. I kept up with the blog at Sherdog. I pull for Brock because what he's done in 6 fights is just crazy, in my opinion. The fact that he used a submission sounded awesome to me.

The Sherdog blogger said he was amazed that Brock was still able to continue in the 1st round. Can't wait to watch the fight on Spike.

Hey, Fedor...Step up and take your medicine in the UFC.

T

trojan87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great 1st round for carwin but the 50 unaswered punches def gassed him. he should of won fight i cant believe it wasnt stopped either. i was routing for carwin but he ddint win its gona be a tough loss to bounce back from. heavyweight class is very good now way better than afew yrs ago.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jay. I ordered this PPV right before it started. Watched the undercard. U may know much much more than me, and just to put it bluntly I thought Brock defended from his back very well. Carwin got off of him for a bit as well when he had him for the ground and pound due to exhaustion. I'am not a pro on this stuff but I sure enjoyed the fights tonight and just so Iam clear even if noone agrees with me,,,, Brock absorbed what he had to and deserved to win this fight imo

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Brock_Lesnar_vs_Shane_Carwin_UFC_116?vid=10011652&tid=100

Look again. He ran from Carwin right after being nailed a couple of times, got dropped and balled up like a fetus. Carwin was pounding him for 10 straight seconds with no counters.. until Brock tried to push him off with his legs.. Carwin side stepped and continued to pound on him for another 20 seconds, unanswered. Being balled up like a fetus, covering up, is not defending yourself well. He blindly threw his hands up to grab Carwin and threw his legs up while on the ground (which is a sign of an inexperienced ground fighter in defensive mode)... he didn't know what to do, and he was getting hurt. To me, it should have been called there........ but Carwin's mistake was that he didn't keep going.. he slowed down after those 20 seconds, and allowed Lesnar to recuperate, and allowed the ref to let the fight continue.. if he had kept doing that, the ref would have called it. He was about to, until Carwin slowed down.

Lesnar's a douche.. and I hate looking at his ugly face. I can see Carwin getting another shot at the title after he goes through 2 more guys. Maybe have him face Junior dos Santos, and if Cain Velasquez loses to Lesnar.. then give Carwin another shot.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
heavyweight class is very good now way better than afew yrs ago.

Definitely! The heavyweight class is very good now!

Now, don't get me wrong about my opinions about Lesnar.. he is a very good fighter (obviously)... but he's an even bigger douche than Tito Ortiz is.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still didnt mind spending the money to watch it.. Was some great fights.

Toast

Toast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow just seen the Lesnar v Carwin fight, wasn't expecting that result after Carwin dominated the first round. :eek:

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watching SportsCenter.. even Brock said that he thought it was going to be stopped in the 1st round.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard brock say that he was thankful that the ref didnt stop the fight cause he was getting the crap beat outta him. corwin got tired i guess. lol he never went passed the second round so he needs endurance training next

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i heard brock say that he was thankful that the ref didnt stop the fight cause he was getting the crap beat outta him. corwin got tired i guess. lol he never went passed the second round so he needs endurance training next

Of course he's thankful... he also said he thought the fight was going to get stopped.

M

mike merked you

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe carwin got submissioned! he was wrecking the first round! i can't wait till anderson fights at 117 :D

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ufc 117 is going to be infingcredible. thats all.

o and carwain is THE man