UConn women win 88th straight, matching UCLA men

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Already with no equal in women’s basketball, UConn won its 88th straight game Sunday to match the men’s record set by coach John Wooden and his UCLA teams from 1971-74.

" . . ..

"UConn already owned the longest winning streak in NCAA women’s basketball history. Next up, the Huskies (10-0) can surpass the UCLA men Tuesday night at home against No. 15 Florida State.

"Connecticut matched the Bruins’ mark before a crowd of 15,232—the second-biggest for a women’s game at Madison Square Garden. With 40 seconds left, the fans rose and chanted “88! 88!” "

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-basketball/recap?gid=201012190129

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the press conference after the game by the coach was funny. he basically dissed everybody for not caring at all about womens basketball lol

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its true though...nobody cares....well i dont anyways

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it is a great achievement for the UConn women. They did win their 89th game in a row tonight. But I do agree that for some reason people do not care about it or connect to it.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it is a great achievement for the UConn women. They did win their 89th game in a row tonight. But I do agree that for some reason people do not care about it or connect to it.

well sure its a great achievement...but when your constantly recruiting top picks year after year while other teams get shittier and shittier...its stupid...no competition and no point in caring....especially how some people are saying that they tied or beat the ucla men record....there is NO comparison there!!!! not even possible....HUGEE difference betweens mens and womens college hoops.

anyways cant wait til they lose....in 5 years :eek:

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"cant wait til they lose....in 5 years"
Don't tell Gino that....maybe 8-10 years, lol

The only thing I got clear is: If I ever need advice with women, I'm calling Geno He definitely understands "How Women Think" :p

S

steortex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that girl from Baylor is the only player that has a slim chance of beatting them

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that girl from Baylor is the only player that has a slim chance of beatting them

except she has tried twice...and failed both times so i dont think its gonna happen. Brittany Griner..the girl your referring too...is no woman....but possibly a shemale for sure

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women play Basketball??

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it kinda like that lingerie NFL thing??

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it kinda like that lingerie NFL thing??

u know....u might have something going here...a women's BASKETBALL league in lingerie...basically just like the NFL lingerie thing ...except in basketball it will be full of COLLEGE GIRLS.

somthing to brainstorm about anyways....girls playing basketball in bra (no sportsbra) and panties....i like

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you say Bra, panties....Count me in!!!

Don't care if it's Lingerie-Golf/basketball/baseball/BMX

S

steortex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW NEVER SAW THIS COMING

UConn’s win streak ends at 90 in loss to Stanford

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza