Strasburg heading to the DL again

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They might as well shut him down for the year they have nothing to gain by bringing him back this season.

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too much hype for this guy.

its good for baseball though, he really brings em to the park, but still too much hype for an unproven player. to me hes still one of the the todd van poppels, ben mcdonalds, and marquis grissoms of baseball.

like to see where he is in 5yrs.

A

AntiKhrist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved watching him earlier this season, but then it seems like he either lost something on his pitches or the batters are figuring him out already. Either way, you just can't keep throwing heat like that without consequences!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved watching him earlier this season, but then it seems like he either lost something on his pitches or the batters are figuring him out already. Either way, you just can't keep throwing heat like that without consequences!

2.91 ERA and 1.07 WHIP is the batters figuring him out? He's had one really bad start against Florida and has been pretty amazing elsewhere. He has 92 Ks in 68IP. That's more than 13 K/9. He is absolutely beasting, his main issue is staying healthy like it's always been.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They might as well shut him down for the year they have nothing to gain by bringing him back this season.

I was thinking the same idea though his agent is likely to make it rather expensive for the Nationals to keep him.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5502866
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ArTkufWIa0v9Y6I52W_o0tM5nYcB?slug=tsn-166444

Update: Looks like Strasburg will have to get Tommy John surgery. That's the bad news. The good news is that the surgery has been very successful for most recent pitchers, so hopefully he will come back in tip top shape.

Rather unfortunate turn of events for the young kid's career. He's likely to miss the 2011 season. I truly did have high hopes for the Stras to win the Cy Young Award.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He won't come back the way the way he was. This will probably affect the rest of his career.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wonder if the pitching coaches in the Nationals system are partly to blame for this.. I was watching Curt Schilling on ESPN break down Strasburg's motion to the plate which may have contributed to his injury.. the big question is, were the Nationals more worried about him getting to the big leagues than they were his well being? I would hope not, but it does make me wonder a bit. In truth, quite a few pitchers are just fine after Tommy John surgery, and many even come back stronger than before. Of course, there are a fair amount who have also not done so well after the surgery as well. Bottom line, I like the kids chances.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wonder if the pitching coaches in the Nationals system are partly to blame for this.. I was watching Curt Schilling on ESPN break down Strasburg's motion to the plate which may have contributed to his injury.. the big question is, were the Nationals more worried about him getting to the big leagues than they were his well being? I would hope not, but it does make me wonder a bit. In truth, quite a few pitchers are just fine after Tommy John surgery, and many even come back stronger than before. Of course, there are a fair amount who have also not done so well after the surgery as well. Bottom line, I like the kids chances.

The season after Tommy John surgery is when full recovery really kicks in for those pitchers who obtain it.