Sources: Lakers, Nuggets talk Melo

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The LA Lakers and the Denver Nuggets have begun discussions about a trade that would bring Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony to Los Angeles. The Lakers would reportedly build a package around Andrew Bynum which they would offer in exchange for Anthony. Anthony, who can opt out of his contract after this season, would likely have to agree to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Lakers for them to part with Bynum.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We'll see were this goes but it's funny how he only want to play in New York but suddenly could find a way to play in LA i'm sure he could

B

bertman19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His wife is in New York I think.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just funny when kobe comes calling he could change his mind

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ugh god melo to the lakers would make them unbeatable (celtics fan here)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they don't allow women into denver

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ugh god melo to the lakers would make them unbeatable (celtics fan here)

QFT except for the celtics fan thing. Dont want lakers to win, Milwaukee Bucks all the way

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
76ers all the way (when they had iverson)

so sick of the melo trade talks..nothing ever gets done

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
76ers all the way (when they had iverson)

so sick of the melo trade talks..nothing ever gets done

Gonna get done this time bubba. Mark my words its done before the 24th regardless of whether its to NY, CHitown, or LA

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i certainly hope something gets done. all these trade rumors about him the past 8 months got me goin nuts

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at least short term it would hurt LA to switch Bynum for Melo. The Laker's best strength is relying on Kobe in the 4th and their big men. Adding Melo would mean a whole new chemistry, it takes time when you add such a player for the guys to get used to each other and adjust. But I think long term it would be a great move for LA if they can pull it off.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nuggets are not going to make this trade, they live in Denver but they're no Fools.

They are just doing this to push the Knicks to increase their offer, as simple as that. With NJ out of the Melo Talks they had no leverage.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They Lakers need Bynum, so I don't see the Lakers trading him for Melo. Somehow, the Knicks will figure out a way to get Melo.

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deal won't happen and why in thw world would they give up bynum?They most certainly will LOSE against the c's if they do that!River your right on with your post and im willing to bet it's more of the nuggets faning this fire.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i'm from LA area and honestly, the trade isn't even being talked about at all. It won't happen

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn I want the trade deadline to pass already. So sick of Melo talk lol, but I'm going to shout for joy if the Knicks don't have to give up too much to get him.