Shogun vs. Anderson Silva

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Anderson Silva - Who wins?

• Shogun

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Anderson Silva

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Cake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bastard

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Let the speculation begin!

A lot of people wanted to see Anderson Silva vs. Lyoto Machida.. but they said they would never fight each other, because they were friends and training partners.

Now.. there is no love loss between Silva and Shogun.. and Anderson Silva is dismantling the middleweight division with yawning ease (literally). Plus, he's defeated a couple of top light heavyweights (James Irvin and Forrest Griffin) with relative ease.. and many are putting Silva in the top 5 light heavyweights as well as the #1 middleweight.

Next in line for the light heavyweight belt is the winner of Rampage and Rashad Evans (UFC 114). I say give Anderson another fight at middleweight to defend his belt (probably Chael Sonnen), and Shogun fight the winner of Rampage/Rashad to defend his belt.. and if Anderson and Shogun both win their fight..... give Anderson a shot at the light heavyweight title against Shogun.

Last edited:
C

cheddachris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silva! Silva! Silva! Silva! Silva! the man is a beast and he is not losing anytime soon

wllmsmthjr

wllmsmthjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SILVA, 4 SURE
I like silva, he's is a beast. but, i would like to see some1 knock him out, be4 his head gets any bigger then it already is. lol

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant honestly think anderson silva would beat shogun can you? shogun has been fighting this weight class his whole life..anderson is talking about moving up just because its too easy where he is at and he is destroying everybody..i think silva would be outclassed at almost everything against shogun and not a good idea career wise for him to move up

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had doubts about Shogun's future after his disappointing loss in the final seconds of the match against Forrest Griffin. Shogun gassed by the end of the 1st round in that fight and looked out of shape.. but that was when he just returned from knee surgery.. then had to get another knee surgery after that fight!

After that, he looked to be 100% again.. and looked great in his first fight against Machida.. and then last night, showed that he can impose his will on just about anyone after he dismantled Machida.

Now, it seems Silva is getting a bit soft.. and cocky. If Shogun and Silva were to fight now.. I would have to give it to Shogun. Silva's quick.. but Shogun just needs a couple good hard shots to slow him down, like he did to Machida.

I'd give it to Shogun via TKO in the 3rd.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought Silva wanted to fight GSP?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought Silva wanted to fight GSP?

I don't think we're going to see that.. and Silva never said he wanted to fight GSP.. that's just what the people wanted, because they are considered the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world. Silva has a considerable size advantage over GSP. Sure, GSP could fight at middleweight, but he would be a small middleweight.. and Silva fights at light heavyweight with ease.. I don't think that would be a smart fight for GSP only because of the size advantage.

Silva vs. Shogun would be more likely.