Shanahan New Head Coach of the Redskins!

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"After an afternoon of negotiations produced an agreement, Mike Shanahan signed a five-year contract to become executive vice president and head coach for the Washington Redskins.

Under the terms of the new deal, Shanahan will team with Redskins executive vice president and general manager Bruce Allen, but Shanahan will have the ultimate authority on football decisions."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4799532

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for him, I'm not a Broncos fan but I never liked the way that he was terminated in Denver. Hopefully he can hang onto that job longer than any of the other guys in DC have.

I hope Zorn comes back to be QB coach in Seattle. I don't know how big of a role it played but Hasselbeck sure sucked w/o him this year.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lifelong redskins fan...i like zorn though. the only person i've always found myself not liking usually is daniel snyder. if he could just hang out, and quit trying to be jerry jones every 5 mins and quit meddling maybe they'd not be such an embarrassment.

i don't really know much about shanahan, other than outside of one year without elway as qb, they were always pretty mediocre in denver, and the two years he won, i hope he still sends thank you and xmas cards to the elway family for them.

as a redskins fan...i'm sure all this will blow up in their faces, and dan snyder will do something stupid to try to remedy the situation. time will tell though. redskins fans always have the entire offseason to be optimistic before reality sets in by the time they start playing

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another useless hire by Snyder.

He's already tried the "old" Superbowl winning coach hire with Gibbs and that didn't work out too well. Now Shanahan. SSDD from my point of view.

He should have gone after someone younger with experience but I'm thinking that very few people really want to work for Snyder, even for $35 million like they gave Shanahan.

Actually $28 million, I think I read that his last team is paying $3.5 million for the next two years.

I'll wait for the draft to see how badly they screw that up before I really give up on them.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't really know much about shanahan, other than outside of one year without elway as qb, they were always pretty mediocre in denver, and the two years he won, i hope he still sends thank you and xmas cards to the elway family for them.

Three things:

1) Mike- 154-103 with 2 Supers

2) Jim- 12-20 with two 4th place NFC East Titles

3) I don't need a number three...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a huge Skins fan, and while I'm excited about having Shanahan (whether or not he'll succeed, we'll see how that works), I am continually disappointed by how classless Dan Snyder is. Even though Jim Zorn was not the best coach, he did not deserve to be disrespected the way he was. Snyder totally humiliated him by stripping him of the play-calling, when he should have just firing Zorn. Then, Snyder hired a new coach while his old coach, Zorn, was still around. In what business is this acceptable? He just has no class and no respect, whatsoever.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In what business is this acceptable?

The NFL.

I've been a Skins fan since the early 1800's. Snyder is the worst thing. But, the NFL is about two things winning and money.

You can't go switching coaches every time you don't win a Super Bowl but Zorn was obviously incompetent. His offensive strategy was designed towards attacking the sidelines, quarterback execution, and scoring field goals. It needs to be attacking down field, pass protection, and scoring touchdowns. Zorn just doesn't understand what it takes to win or how to motivate his players to do so.

His approach to the game doesn't work, the players know it doesn't work, and the players didn't want to show up to work. He made bad decisions literally every week. He sat the leagues leading rusher in a game he was losing. He sat Horton, saying he wasn't executing, when he was second in tackles to London Fletcher (who was leading the league in tackles at the time). He mismanages the clock, he doesn't get his plays in on time, and then he bitches to Campbell about his foot placement...

Hip-hip-hooray? Are you kidding me? Grown men, with million dollar salaries, who put their health and careers on the line every week and your war cry is hip-hip-hooray?

It's boobery...

M

MFaith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, what's the saying "A blind hog will eventually find an acorn".

This is like their 6 or 7th coach since 1999, just random chance alone may find the winning combination.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"boobery"

Outstanding word of the day.......:cool:

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know nothing about football... dammit. This whole thread is way above my head and i dont like it!!! Someone tell me how to get interested in football now so i dont feel left out. I live in Michigan... lions suck... i have no team pride because there is barely a team...

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know nothing about football... dammit. This whole thread is way above my head and i dont like it!!! Someone tell me how to get interested in football now so i dont feel left out. I live in michigan... lions suck... i have no team pride because there is barely a team...

I'd say follow the Wolverines, but lately that's been harsh, too.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky. My Bears are throwing away another year under Lovie Smith.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
meh. the only good thing about shanahan is he is buddies with the owner, so that may buy him some slack. the team is still a work in progress though. im not a fan or a foe of washington but it would be nice to see them turn it around finally. just let shanahan do his thing and steer clear, things should be fine.

Steves22

Steves22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted him to come to the bills but hopefully we can get Cowher by some miracle from god. But he's prolly gonna go to tampa so yet again we are gonna be screwed in Buffalo.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The NFL.

I've been a Skins fan since the early 1800's.

Hip-hip-hooray? Are you kidding me? Grown men, with million dollar salaries, who put their health and careers on the line every week and your war cry is hip-hip-hooray?

It's boobery...
well, if you were a skins fan since prehistoric times...you'd know that whole hip hip hooray was simply a throwback to the 70s when george allen was their coach. they even made one of those nfl films docu's back in the day called "3 cheers for the redskins" because of it

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, if you were a skins fan since prehistoric times...you'd know that whole hip hip hooray was simply a throwback to the 70s when george allen was their coach. they even made one of those nfl films docu's back in the day called "3 cheers for the redskins" because of it

I've been a fan since 1980... not the 1800's... now I feel like a boob.

Zorn is still a bigger boob though... and he's gone...

:party:

Hip Hip!

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^I don't want to live in a society where bigger boobs are ran out of town^