Seattle, Carroll agree on deal.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Pete Carroll has reached an agreement in principle with the Seahawks on a deal to be their next head coach, multiple NFL sources confirmed early Saturday morning.

Carroll was fully expected to be introduced by the Seahawks as early as Monday, after the team interviewed Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier on Saturday morning.

According to league sources, Frazier met with the Seahawks in Minneapolis, satisfying the Rooney Rule, which requires teams to interview a minority candidate for head-coaching and senior-football-operations hires.

Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke had told Frazier that Carroll definitely does not have Seattle's job. Frazier had been unwilling to talk with the Seahawks about the head-coaching vacancy if Carroll had been promised full control of the Seahawks. Multiple sources indicated he was."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4810861

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still in shock that Mora was canned after one year, but obviously they had this in the works already. I guess we needed a change of some kind up hear in Seattle but I worry about when these big name college guys come to the NFL.

If they make him the GM too he's got a sweet thing going in the draft this year with two first round picks. He's got a good opportunity to make a splash right off the bat.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hes gonna suck just like he did in New England and New York.. Mark my words.. Pete Carroll is not a good head coach in the NFL

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hes gonna suck just like he did in New England and New York.. Mark my words.. Pete Carroll is not a good head coach in the NFL

It always worries me when I find myself agreein with PC :D , but yup.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pete Carroll is an idiot if he leaves. He's god at USC. He's got a pipeline of recuits every year knocking down his door. He's not going to ever find a better gig than the one he has now. Just an all-around dumb move.

O

oleg20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so puzzeled by this move... Unless there are major NCAA sanctions coming for the Trojans this doesn't make much sense. Pete Carroll has nothing to gain by going back to the NFL.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pete Carroll didn't suck in the NFL. He's got a winning record as a HC (33-31). He got a shitty deal after 1 season with the Jets and he went to the playoffs 2 of his 3 years with the Pats and they won 1 playoff game with him. Getting Carroll is a great get for the Seahawks.

BTW Bill Belichick was 36-44 in 5 years at Cleavland so I guess he's not an NFL HC either???

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i bet Carroll will have a winning season..hes a good coach whether NFL or collegiate level..mark my words ..hes a good coach :D

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not sure i understand this move. im sure he was getting paid well at USC. after 10 years away from the NFL, why go back now? sure Seattle promised to let him run the show, but he was THE MAN at USC. i figured he would finish out his career there. dont make sense to me to leave a sure thing just because somebody is stroking your ego. fwiw, im no fan of pete carroll or the seahawks. im more of a neutral party observing this and saying smatter with you pete?

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pete Carroll is an idiot if he leaves. He's god at USC. He's got a pipeline of recuits every year knocking down his door. He's not going to ever find a better gig than the one he has now. Just an all-around dumb move.

im not sure i understand this move. im sure he was getting paid well at USC. after 10 years away from the NFL, why go back now? sure Seattle promised to let him run the show, but he was THE MAN at USC. i figured he would finish out his career there. dont make sense to me to leave a sure thing just because somebody is stroking your ego. fwiw, im no fan of pete carroll or the seahawks. im more of a neutral party observing this and saying smatter with you pete?

The NCAA is investigating major recruiting violations with Reggie Bush and Joe KcKnight. USC could get plastered with violations which could kill their recruiting. Verbal commitments could drop like flies. Not to mention 10-4 is bad for USC, and then to be heading into probation.

Its like Carroll entered the big game in vegas, doubled up and then quit before Brunson and Ivey took all his money.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's running away from USC. Carroll has always said how happy he is at USC and now he wants his big coaching job to be in SEATTLE?? He'll do a poor job there and then wait for a big college coaching job to open up and head back there.

I'm a USC Fan and this story just bothers me. I believe theres more to this story that will come out later.

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a USC grad, while I'll miss him not being at 'SC, I can't blame him for leaving. He was offered a lot of money and power, and USC will probably be hit soon with NCAA sanctions regarding past violations. But it will make following USC football a lot less interesting. Maybe this is the excuse I was looking for to pay less attention to sports.

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm so puzzeled by this move...Pete Carroll has nothing to gain by going back to the NFL.

First of all $7 million > $4.4 million.

Secondly, why does this make him an idiot? People change jobs all the time. Saying he has "nothing to gain" is ridiculous. He wants a new challenge. He took USC to the top and has nowhere to go from there. It's the same thing every year (ok, so they didn't do so hot this year). But the NFL is a new challenge. Just look at wsop commish Jeremy Pollack. He's at the top, he's built up the WSOP to the biggest its ever been; and now he's moved on to find a new challenge. Many would say he has nothing to gain by leaving.....

Thirdly, maybe he would like a chance to prove everybody wrong who keeps saying he's a terrible NFL coach.

All that said, I'm a pessimistic Seattle sports fan who isn't excited about this move other than the fact that the Huskies don't have to have Carroll on the USC sideline anymore.

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This move has to do with the "rumors" and allegations around the Football players misconduct...I think its a good move for him but he will not have a winning season in the 1st 2 years

Velutha

Velutha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This move has to do with the "rumors" and allegations around the Football players misconduct...I think its a good move for him but he will not have a winning season in the 1st 2 years

Certainly not with the **** teams they've been rolling out in the past 2 years.

1) Two first round picks
2) Take a QB (like you should have last season) and OL
3) Profit

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel bad for Jim Mora but I like the way Pete Carroll ran the USC trojans so it'll be interesting to see him in the big leagues

GENUCOM

GENUCOM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can Pete Carroll turn the SeaChickens around?
how long?

FIRED :party: