Roy Halladay is the NL Cy Young Award

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies has unanimously won the NL Cy Young Award, making him the fifth pitcher to earn the honor in both leagues.

Halladay pitched a perfect game in May and then threw a no-hitter in the playoffs. In his first season with the Phillies, he led the NL with 21 wins and topped the majors in innings, shutouts and complete games.

Halladay received all 32 first-place votes in results released Tuesday by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

Adam Wainwright of St. Louis was second and Ubaldo Jimenez of Colorado was third. San Francisco ace Tim Lincecum, who won the past two NL Cy Youngs, finished 11th.

==========================================================

Really good for Doc, he was pretty good like always, but I think he will have traded a World Series Trip for that Cy Young, lol

I thought Ubaldo Jimenez could have finished with a better season, but....that's the reason you don't give Mid-Season Awards!!! :jd44:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Halladay was amazing this year. I hate how good the Phillies have made their team lately. My one saving grace is that they didn't keep Cliff Lee too.

And my biggest regret (aren't they all?) is with fantasy in a keeper league trading Halladay one for one for Lincecum. I hope Lincecum rebounds next year.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a great choice. I for one was hoping to see him go for his shot at the world series.

Years of trudging through the mud in TO, he deserves it.