Redskins' McNabb Benched & Demoted

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The ever-dramatic Washington Redskins upset the NFL apple cart once again Friday when coach Mike Shanahan announced Rex Grossman as his starter for the rest of the season, beginning with Sunday's game at Dallas.

"McNabb will be the No. 2 quarterback against the Cowboys, then drop to No. 3 behind Grossman and John Beck for the final two games of the season.

"I also told him," Shanahan said, "that I cannot guarantee him that he will be back next year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5929516

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, haven't watched ESPN all day yet.

Not really all that shocking as he hasn't played to his potential to say the least. Behind Grossman though is just a kick in the balls

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so close to not supporting the Redskins anymore. They are a truly miserable team with no plan or leadership. I cannot stand it anymore.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to have mcnabb!

honestly even though mcnabb is an older quarterback and he has not won the big game as a arizona cardinal fan i truly feel he could help our team get back to the playoffs. Over the years he has showed great leadership as well as consistenty being a winning quarterback. The redskins for some reason feel rex grossman is going to be better then donovan in these last 3 games but i dont agree. Hopefully at the end of the year when mcnabb and washington part ways the arizona cardinals will give him a serious look as there future quarterback. Im not sayin he is the answer for many years to come but i feel he can win games for the next 2 to 3 years.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sucks, I really like him.
I guess it really doesn't effect me though, I only rooted for them because Antwaan Randle El went there, but now he is back with the Steelers so I will just go back to ignoring the Redskins.

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for me, im a cowboys fan and mcnabb always seems to bring his a-game against us. Anyways, I really think mcnabb has been undercredited for all of his hard work and numbers, in the eagles and now in the redskins too. Too bad for him, really feel for that guy.

I

IQ 34

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gotta be s****in me ... grossman has 4 tds so far

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont take rex grossmans performance to heart because i feel mcnabb would have done the same if not more to the horrible dallas defense

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont take rex grossmans performance to heart because i feel mcnabb would have done the same if not more to the horrible dallas defense

Yeah, despite Grossman's stats I really don't think he did all that well. He has zero arm strength-- it seemed that every ball he tossed today just floated to the receiver. He could have a future as a back-up, but nothing more.

ps a very funny link about Rex-- nsfw, not meant for the faint of heart, hahah.
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/11/f-k-it-im-throwing-it-downfield.html

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i def feel grossman can be a solid backup for several years to come but if mike shannahan thinks he is the future for the redskins then he wont have much of a future as there coach

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Jaguars better beat the Redskins on Sunday with Grossman at qb. Shanahan should have waited and taken the Cowboys or Vikings job.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Jaguars better beat the Redskins on Sunday with Grossman at qb. Shanahan should have waited and taken the Cowboys or Vikings job.

should of never left the broncos :(

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
should of never left the broncos :(

lol that's the owner's fault, i have no idea what he was thinking of firing shanny.
you guys wouldn't have had to go through a transitional period and would still probably have cutler and perhaps marshall.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol that's the owner's fault, i have no idea what he was thinking of firing shanny.
you guys wouldn't have had to go through a transitional period and would still probably have cutler and perhaps marshall.

marshall gone hasn't been a problem this year . Loyd had a fantastic year and demarius thomas was injured and is a great looking rookie because of his size and quickness. Our offensive line is hurt but knowshon moreno has been the biggest disappointment all year. We virtually have no running game (makes it hard to win football games lol)

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
marshall gone hasn't been a problem this year . Loyd had a fantastic year and demarius thomas was injured and is a great looking rookie because of his size and quickness. Our offensive line is hurt but knowshon moreno has been the biggest disappointment all year. We virtually have no running game (makes it hard to win football games lol)

u guys are def missing the zone blocking scheme that was in place with shannahan...back then u guys would turn joe schmo into a 1000 yd back

gobthemagician

gobthemagician

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why the hell would the coach bench him after just giving him a 5 year several million dollar contract?? Terrible planning..

Now I hear that the Redskins aren't happy with Grossman either. They're gonna hope for a good draft pick to get a starting quarterback.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why the hell would the coach bench him after just giving him a 5 year several million dollar contract?? Terrible planning..

Now I hear that the Redskins aren't happy with Grossman either. They're gonna hope for a good draft pick to get a starting quarterback.

there was a clause in the contract where the redskins have an option to get out of the contract at the end of this year which looks like what there gonna do

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McNabb got no luck, he had a bad year but not to get that low, Mike Shanahan is making a huge mistake; giving his kid (kyle) too much power over the team.

Kyle Shanahan for some reason CAN'T work with McNabb and wants his wing-man/close friend Grossman to have more playing time....what a joke.

M

MickSwagger814

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
McNabb got no luck, he had a bad year but not to get that low, Mike Shanahan is making a huge mistake; giving his kid (kyle) too much power over the team.

Kyle Shanahan for some reason CAN'T work with McNabb and wants his wing-man/close friend Grossman to have more playing time....what a joke.

yes this father son combo is def a joke!!