Red Sox sign Carl Crawford to 7 Year Deal !

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Boston Red Sox signed Carl Crawford to a seven-year $142 million dollar deal. The Angels were also actively pursuing Crawford. Jayson Werth's signing a ceiling-shattering 7 year deal for $126 million with the Washington Nationals opened the door for Crawford to get his richly priced contract. Crawford's signing follows Boston's acquisition of first baseman Adrian Gonzalez from San Diego and gives the Red Sox one of the best lineups in the majors.

:deal: :icon_thum

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so pumped about the red sox' chances next year

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly, no way crawford is worth this much, hes a career .296 hitter who averages 11.5 homeruns a year...I know he brings speed on the base's, but still overpayed for what his production is

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no such thing as being overpaid with no salary cap

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sox should be pretty stacked with crawford in the lineup

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tad surprised at Werth going to the Nationals

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two awesome signings by the Sox. On Carl Crawford, not only does it make them stronger, it makes Tampa ....not so good, Tampa also just lost Carlos Pena. The bigger signing imo , is Gonzalez. He could hit 30 HR's at Fenway. I had someone tell me that they may not lose a game next year with this lineup...I LOL'd. I really don't care how much of their money they spend.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rays are dismantling anyways, Garza's going to be traded...I seriously hope Lee stays in Texas and doesn't go to the yankees

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah

if lee goes to the yankees, there is no God

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see this changing anything. Thrid place finish at best for Bean town next season.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see this changing anything. Thrid place finish at best for Bean town next season.

yeah because having the best rotation in the league and a top 5 lineup is a surefire 3rd place finish...

sry hater, the sox look amazing now

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how coould they possibly not be the favorite?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, id still take the sox but it would be close, but 3rd? behind who? the devil rays who are completely dismantling, seeing as Garza is getting traded next?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is crazy cash for Crawford. I don't know if he's going to come anywhere close to meeting the expectations for that contract.

I really hope the Mets can make a good trade for Garza, they are desperate for pitching.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good move by the Red Sox's, better when you add Adrian Gonzalez. Agree with jho here, ["don't know if he's going to come anywhere close to meeting the expectations for that contract"]

Carl Crawford has actually hit worse at Fenway Park, batting just .275 with a .301 on-base percentage in 320 at-bats, homering only four times. ==> Without a doubt, he will improve these numbers batting in a better lineup and facing less stellar pitching But I'm just not sure if he is a 20M player....his steals will go down playing half season in Fenway and LF There; is not the best place for an athletic player like him, But once again a "Steal" [if you can call it that] by the Red Sox's, 3rd place should not be acceptable for that Franchise.

Poor Rays, every time they Finished 1st in the AL EAST the Yankees or the Red Sox go out and buy everyone in the next Free Agency. [2008: CC, Tex, AJ] [2010: A-Gonzalez, Crawford]

Last edited:
jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I feel bad for the Rays, it sucks enough you have the Yankees in your division and then you also have the Red Sox too. It's amazing they can even sniff the playoffs, and shows you how competent their front office has gotten the past 5 years or so. Compared to Baltimore whose payroll is at least double, Tampa seems to always compete these days.

But it also makes their loss to the Rangers and their WS loss to the Phillies that much more painful with their limited opportunities.

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Rays fan I was saddened by the loss of Crawford. Boston fans will be very satisfied with his bat and glove as he will be a solid addition to their line-up. As for the Rays, they also lost Jason Bartlett (ss) and Carlos Pena (1b), and as mentioned earlier, they are shopping around to trade a top of the line pitcher Garza. It appears the Rays will not be much fun to watch this year.