pre season

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
less than A month ...weeeeee favorite time of the year is football season....I am not really a bettin man...but don't count out the ravens/cowboys super bowl.... my pre/pre season bet lol....:s:

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cowboys are not winning the Super Bowl with Tony Romo (or should I say Blowmo) at the helm.:D

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cowboys in the Super Bowl???

What are you smokin?

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pre season is a waste of gatorade. Wake me up week 1.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pre season is a waste of gatorade. Wake me up week 1.

+1

I hate preseason. A lot of wasted energy. There are also huge risks involved as well. Careers have been ruined due to stupid preseason games.

Another thing - season ticket holders being forced to pay for preseason games when they don't care about them. I hate that.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Giants all the way.

Cowboys do look explosive though, I think Bryant will be a draft day steal for them.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Giants all the way.

Cowboys do look explosive though, I think Bryant will be a draft day steal for them.

The Giants? Really? They'll be lucky if they get a wildcard spot.

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amen, brother. NFL football is the greatest sport there is. Pre-season games mean nothing, but I'd rather watch an NFL pre-season game than a playoff NBA or baseball game.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Giants? Really? They'll be lucky if they get a wildcard spot.

The Cowboys and Giants are screwed.

Both the Redskins and the Eagles got better in the offseason.

The Cowboys and Giants might each have 4 division losses or more.

P

Piranha 131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Giants suck. The Superbowl will be Vikings vs. Jets. Brett Favre will win and retire again only to come back to defend his title.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really liked NFL until I watched this year's Super Bowl, really enjoyed it though and I'm looking forward to being able to follow a full season. But to people saying pre-season is unnessecary due to the risk, do you not think going into a full season without pre-season games is much more risky?

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Giants suck. The Superbowl will be Vikings vs. Jets. Brett Favre will win and retire again only to come back to defend his title.

I love this scenario. With Vikes winning. :D

But to people saying pre-season is unnessecary due to the risk, do you not think going into a full season without pre-season games is much more risky?

it's not unnecessary, but does not come without risks. There's no easy way around it. It's like a double-edged sword. Naturally, they usually don't put proven starters out there for longer than a quarter, or half. It all depends. Those questionable longer than a half, maybe newbies.

jh1spartanfan

jh1spartanfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that the Lions are going to win the Super Bowl this season.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this scenario. With Vikes winning. :D

That's just silly.

it's not unnecessary, but does not come without risks. There's no easy way around it. It's like a double-edged sword. Naturally, they usually don't put proven starters out there for longer than a quarter, or half. It all depends. Those questionable longer than a half, maybe newbies.

Players are conditioned before preseason games even start.

There is no need for preseason.

I hate it.:mad:

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Brett Favre winning a title. That's a laugh. How many more times does he have to choke in the playoffs before people realize you can't win with Favre as your QB. The only reason he won one of them is because of Desmond Howard.

I do agree that the Giants suck.:D

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate the Giants all you want, but they had a great offseason, and we got rid of the worst part of our team (Sheridan).

The Redskins? Right now they've been like the Lions in futility almost, but McNabb definitely gives them more credibility. I'd like to see them actually try to build their team through the draft instead of screwing themselves over through free agency.

The Cowboys finally won their first playoff game last year after a decade. With their roster they should be favored in the division.

And there's no way I would put the Eagles up there with a first time starting QB. Sure Kolb has looked good for a few games, but let's see how he does over a full season with teams prepped and prepared for him.

Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Eagles

That's how I would have them ranked right now.