Pirates 20-0 Loss Marks Worst In Franchise History

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WTF they said they would do better if we built them a 20+ MIL ball park... Just junk baseball for this City..

The Pirates broke a record as they lost to the Milwaukee Brewers this afternoon at PNC Park.
The 20-0 loss marked the worst in franchise history.

The Pirates haven't lost a game that badly in their 124 year history.

The crowd of just over 130,500 booed for most of the game except for when some fans actually began cheering for the Brewers to hit 20 runs.

The Pirates' Daniel McCutchen was tagged for six runs and eight hits in 3 2-3 innings. But remarkably, his ERA stayed the same as it was entering the game, 14.73.

Randy Wolf pitched six scoreless innings and three relievers finished up for the Brewers.

Milwaukee led 10-0 after five innings, then scored six runs in the seventh and four more in the ninth. On Wednesday evening, the Brewers beat up the Pirates 8-0.

For the Brewers, Jim Edmonds homered, doubled twice and singled. Ryan Braun homered, doubled, singled and drove in five runs and Prince Fielder hit his first home run of the season - they were among 10 players with an RBI.

Milwaukee is 37-12 against the Pirates over the last four seasons.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol that is why it was so easy for me to convert to being a Red Sox fan.
I can't let go of the Steeler's though.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problems with the Pirates is that they found out before the game that they were above .500, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK FOR THEM.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WTF they said they would do better if we built them a 20+ MIL ball park... Just junk baseball for this City..

You mean $20+ million will not make them play better? Soon, they will release the stadium as a free agent, and the Padres will sign it for $100.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a shame really. i remember once upon a time my reds and pirates played in the NCLS....20 years ago. and neither team has been worth a shit since.:confused:

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From one fan with a losing team to another, I sympathize. The O's lost 30-3 in 2007, the day after they signed their new manager to a contract extension. Currently, the O's have two wins, and the bullpen has blown like eight leads to date. fml losing baseball teams are the worst.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst loss in franchise history...that's really saying something for them. They've had some horrific losses over the years. I still like WIllie Stargell though. Only 4 homers were ever hit out of Dodger Stadium and he had 2 of them.

rounder22

rounder22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have been bad forever now haven't been good since Barry bonds was there.