Ozzie Guillen says Asians players treated better than Latinos

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably true. Latinos are common in the big leagues, Asians less so. There's more of a novelty factor with the Asian players.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Latino players usually get signed at 16 or 17 and have to play in the minors to get ready for the big leagues.

Asian players, namely Japanese, go through lower level leagues in their own country and come over at age 21 or 22 ready to play in the bigs.

Obviously major leaguers are treated better than minor leaguers.

Also there are more latinos than asians in American baseball so there might be a dozen guys in any clubhouse that can speak and translate spanish, whereas in many cases an asian player will be the only one of that culture on the team.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I have to say is...

LOL

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But think in the Latinos that no have any idea of english....they have a lot of problems ( ordering food for example), but the Asian players have many facilities than latinos that is sure.....and I agree with gr3atness ....thats true the asians players have more experiencie than latinos player, the asians players often play a professional league, but the latinos come from triple or doble A.......

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bare in mind that Selected Japanese, Chinese & Korean players have the opportunity to enter the MLB. These guys must have some type of proven track record for playing well (the Elite) within the leagues they're pulled from. Most of the Latin players are scouted from the age of 17 or older than shipped to a single or double A farm team. How many Asian players have that gambling chance? I think none. Ozzie Guillen can go Fvck himself on his biased remark.

V

vetteman4040

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't post my reply because I would no longer be allowed in this forum!!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bare in mind that Selected Japanese, Chinese & Korean players have the opportunity to enter the MLB. These guys must have some type of proven track record for playing well (the Elite) within the leagues they're pulled from.

At least for Korean players who enter the Korean professional league, it is even harder for them to leave it than Japanese players. The only way you will likely see Korean players in MLB is when they are 30+ years old or a player is scouted and signed before they go through the amateur draft in Korea (think Shin Soo Choo, who had to go through the American minor league system).

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also there are more latinos than asians in American baseball so there might be a dozen guys in any clubhouse that can speak and translate spanish, whereas in many cases an asian player will be the only one of that culture on the team.

Even though Ozzie got way off base, I was sympathetic with his statement until I read your comment Gr3atnessbut you make a great point.:icon_salu

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the oportunity to select one two playes: one is from Asia, Korea or Japan and the other is from Latin America, which one do you select ????

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the oportunity to select one two playes: one is from Asia, Korea or Japan and the other is from Latin America, which one do you select ????

err...the most talented? what kind of question is this...do you mean if they were all equally talented?