Ongoing Hockey Thread

P

Psycotic17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as having the best shot goes, i think Kovalchuk has the best wrister in the game

Im going to with Yzerman on that one the man played for 19 years and hardly ever took a slapshot he we an amazing player who had an amazing shot and was a great team leader GO DETROIT!

P

Psycotic17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also who do you guys think is the team(s) to watch this year is it going to be the usual group Rangers, Penguins, Red Wings, Capitals, or are they going to switch it up any new faces you guys think let me know

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sharks are doing great as useuasl but its been that way the last few years its getting kinda old until they win the stanly cup i feel the season will be a big diapointment:cool:

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it should be a finals to remember with most of these players being on teams in the NHL i would imagine that they all get to know one another pretty well there should be no shortage of excitement:cool:

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say sundays game between Canada and USA was the biggest international upset since "Miracle on Ice" I cant wait for the Finals / Semi's of the olympics USA, Canada, Russia, Swiss amazing teams it will be an amazing final and I pray for Canada's sake that they atleast make the finals

canada should beat germany today which sets up their next game against Russia, The 2 teams everyone thought would be the gold medal game will be playing in the quarter final.

One team goes home without a medal.

Ryan Miller stood on his head against Canada Best goalkeeping display ever

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say sundays game between Canada and USA was the biggest international upset since "Miracle on Ice"

Which is absurd because Usa is the 7th best team in the tourny and Canada the 6th, so beating a team that is only 1 rank better than you doesnt even class as an upset

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is absurd because Usa is the 7th best team in the tourny and Canada the 6th, so beating a team that is only 1 rank better than you doesnt even class as an upset

While I agree that is was no miracle on ice the rankings you are citing are only from the last olympics not the real rankings.

Canada is #2 just ever so slightly behind Russia and USA is #5 quite a ways back in international points.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, my rankings were from how the teams looked as teams before stepping foot into the olympics, not basing it on previous results or international points, since neither give a good reflection.

But at the start of the tourny noone would have argued that Russia were the number 1 team, then sweden, then Slovakia, Czech, finland all in a group, then Canada then USA. Mainly because Canada and USA suffer from having too many stars with no team chemistry, that will get beat by a team with a few stars but play as a unit. I mean through the group stages of this tourny, Canada were arguably the worst looking team of the top 7. Their slaughter of Russia tonight was good though, even if Russias defense was worse than Norways and Nabokov crapped the bed

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, my rankings were from how the teams looked as teams before stepping foot into the olympics, not basing it on previous results or international points, since neither give a good reflection.

But at the start of the tourny noone would have argued that Russia were the number 1 team, then Sweden, then Slovakia, Czech, Finland all in a group, then Canada then USA. Mainly because Canada and USA suffer from having too many stars with no team chemistry, that will get beat by a team with a few stars but play as a unit. I mean through the group stages of this tourny, Canada were arguably the worst looking team of the top 7. Their slaughter of Russia tonight was good though, even if Russias defense was worse than Norways and Nabokov crapped the bed

Disagree here Switch.... Pick your top 4 from Canada,U.S ,Russia and Sweden
and then there's the rest..I haven't checked but I think it's possible Canda and US may meet in final

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ew, leading into the olympics, US were easily the worst of the big 7, Burke did an awesome job selecting the team though, and making it into a proper hockey team, with 2 scoring lines a shutdown line and an energy line.

Based on their performances in this Olympics though, you would have to say the US are #1, then the other 6 all together since every game has been a close game. It shows how awesome olympic hockey is that the Czechs beat Slovakia, Slovakia beat Sweden, Sweden beat Finland and Finland beat the Czechs

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Men's Hockey has acheived more parity over the years, where as women's Hockey is still a 2 team event.

Reminder Womens Hockey Final tonight
Canda vs USA

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet destruction of the Russians last night, now hopefully we get the chance to give a beat down to the Americans in the final.

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet destruction of the Russians last night, now hopefully we get the chance to give a beat down to the Americans in the final.
wow i sence alot of anger you are right canada did throw a huge beat down on russia but dont be mad at america its just hokey lmao J/K who ever wins between the US and canada will prolly win the gold, Oh and canada has like four players that play for the san jose sharks who i rout for cuz i'm from the bay area so its cool:cool:

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow i sence alot of anger you are right canada did throw a huge beat down on russia but dont be mad at america its just hokey lmao J/K who ever wins between the US and canada will prolly win the gold, Oh and canada has like four players that play for the san jose sharks who i rout for cuz i'm from the bay area so its cool:cool:

Oh nothing against the Americans as a people, just need to give the beat down to any team that opposes us. :)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharks only have 3 players playing for Canada, since the olympics, like the playoffs, are a big deal, so therefore Joe Thornton doesnt bother showing up

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sharks only have 3 players playing for Canada, since the olympics, like the playoffs, are a big deal, so therefore Joe Thornton doesnt bother showing up

Thats for sure, no idea why he is on the team, can't elevate his game when it matters.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump... bump

Hockey playoffs start soon..who do you like ???

Pittsburg or Washinton in the East

Chicago or Vancouver in the west

Paj1975

Paj1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i was a betting man on hockey i would've gone broke with this springs stanley cup playoffs. the teams and players i've picked through sportsnet.ca hockey pool have all tanked and been busts. each round i could change my players and no matter who i picked busted. so with 4 teams left i got halak & flyers upfront in the east and joe, dan boyle and a bunch of hawks. basically 1 g, 2d, 3f from each conference. the canucks have busted out of the playoffs in the 2nd round 3 years in a row (i'll remember for next year) and the sharks can finally win a playoff round... with how it's gone in the east this year i gotta feel confident about the maple leafs getting to the cup final next spring :) p.s. anyone following the world hockey championships.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go Hawks! They take game 1 of the conference finals :D

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YYYEEEEAAAAA GGGOOOO HAWKS COME FROM BEHIND WIN !!!! GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!! I"M THINKING STANLEY CUP!!!!

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to think after the two previous series that anyone other than Montreal can hoist the cup this year.

I'm lov'n every minute of Montreal's run this spring.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man. i thought for sure that this was the sharks year but after these last two games....i just want my momma lol. gosh darn sharks are just hitting the puck to try to get it over the line. they aren't passing or shooting good.eh. now we need to win two over in chicago. cmon sharks

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man. i thought for sure that this was the sharks year but after these last two games....i just want my momma lol. gosh darn sharks are just hitting the puck to try to get it over the line. they aren't passing or shooting good.eh. now we need to win two over in chicago. cmon sharks
i know man what the hell are they thinking its like they're not prepared for what is coming next or what they should be doing next i wonder if they even had a game plan and how did they get this far anyway lol go sharks:cool:

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chicago Black Hawks win the Stanley cup in Overtime...WTG Hawks

Thanks for some great Hockey this year