OK, Basketball phenom?

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really care for the NEW basketball. Trash talkin' gangsters in shorts kinda thing. Michael Jordan was, IMO, the last truly great star. Just did his thing and nobady could deny his greatness. If this kid can get by all of the NEW basdketball craziness, with MJ's style and grace, I wouldn't mind watching the game again.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the reason I don't like the NBA anymore is pure and simple. It's the rules and the way games are officiated. The worst thing is this: Kobe Bryant airballs a shot and the ref blows the whistle and the replay shows no one fouled him. Kobe Bryant gets free points and he certainly didn't deserve it. Another problem with the NBA is the way free agents are handled. There should be some sort of minimum contract clause like in the NFL. The thing that MJ brought to the game was an overall talent playing the game in it's purest form. He dominated the competition in every phase of the game and he rarely made mistakes and when he did, he would own up to them, not blame other players or the refs. When Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Williams and Micheal Jordan left the game, basketball died IMO.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the reason I don't like the NBA anymore is pure and simple. It's the rules and the way games are officiated. The worst thing is this: Kobe Bryant airballs a shot and the ref blows the whistle and the replay shows no one fouled him. Kobe Bryant gets free points and he certainly didn't deserve it. Another problem with the NBA is the way free agents are handled. There should be some sort of minimum contract clause like in the NFL. The thing that MJ brought to the game was an overall talent playing the game in it's purest form. He dominated the competition in every phase of the game and he rarely made mistakes and when he did, he would own up to them, not blame other players or the refs. When Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Williams and Micheal Jordan left the game, basketball died IMO.

I agree 100 percent.......well...99.5 p[ercent....sometimes Barclay was a little rough and get in your face.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

iono wat you talkin bout..i agree the officiating in basketball is a little off..but singling out kobe? have you seen the refs not call his fouls either when he clearly got fouled. they are just trying to even out the bad calls lol. who says jordan dint get calls his way and why cant there be another great in this generation..have you seen how basketball has evolved from them short shorts to these 360 ally oop dunks. come on now u cant stay stuck in the past..its the love of the game. if your a true fan of bball

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but that kid in the video is pretty sick