Is offical LT sign w/ the NYJ's

durrr i win

durrr i win

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:dancing: LaDainian Tomlinson, hasn’t won a title in college or the pros, though it’s not for a lack of trying. He is a tireless worker who inspires his teammates to follow his lead. Soft-spoken and humble, LaDainian is also extremely likable. If the New York Jets ever surround him with enough talent, he’ll carry them to the Super Bowl.He is listed at 5-10 and more than 220 pounds, but his height is likely exaggerated. Don’t let his size fool you, however. A weightlifting nut, LaDainian is pound-for-pound one of the league’s strongest players. He does a lot of functional strength exercises, and works tirelessly on his balance. Add to this mix sprinter’s speed, and he is definitely no fun to tackle.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two words:

WASHED UP!

:)

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
goes to prove he really wasn't interested in winning, just the money. He'll play maybe 10 games. Jets made HUGE mistake not signing Jones, and then getting a beat up LT for basically the same price. Good bye #1 rushing attack.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
goes to prove he really wasn't interested in winning, just the money. He'll play maybe 10 games. Jets made HUGE mistake not signing Jones, and then getting a beat up LT for basically the same price. Good bye #1 rushing attack.

There is the argument that LT isn't washed up, it's the offensive line and

the new air attack that they have developed.

I personally think it was a combination of the two.

I think S.D. thrives while NYJ die.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that LT has lost more than just a step, but I think alot of people look at this signing in the wrong way. LT was not signed to be a starter. Green is the starting RB for the Jets. LT was signed as a 3rd down RB because he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He isn't a starter and won't be a starter unless Green gets injured.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that LT has lost more than just a step, but I think alot of people look at this signing in the wrong way. LT was not signed to be a starter. Green is the starting RB for the Jets. LT was signed as a 3rd down RB because he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He isn't a starter and won't be a starter unless Green gets injured.

You better hope not because if he is - the Jets wont make the playoffs or even have a winning season.

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a jets fan and I'm stoked for LT. He knows hes gonna be a backup and has accepted that, he is gonna be a hall of famer and can give his experience to help develop shon greene, he is a great reciever out of the backfield which is great for mark sanchez and rex ryans offence, and lastly LT will be working with shottenheimer again under whom he flourished before.

and we arnt overpaying him to badly. I really see no downsides to this. Its not like he is TO where he can tear a team apart with what he says in the media. LTs a good dude.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a jets fan and I'm stoked for LT. He knows hes gonna be a backup and has accepted that, he is gonna be a hall of famer and can give his experience to help develop shon greene, he is a great reciever out of the backfield which is great for mark sanchez and rex ryans offence, and lastly LT will be working with shottenheimer again under whom he flourished before.

and we arnt overpaying him to badly. I really see no downsides to this. Its not like he is TO where he can tear a team apart with what he says in the media. LTs a good dude.

You don't see a downside to LT?

He's really not effective any more.

He can't run between the tackles because he has no strength.

He can't break away for long TD runs because he has no speed.

All you are getting is a little bit of wisdom.

He will be forced to start next year and sh** the bed.

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I mean obviously he is not the best running back in the NFL. He is gonna be a backup, and he is a good recieving running back which I don't know if you ever watch the jets but its play action all day, dump it to the RB. But I still think he can be effective if he stays healthy (which he has not really been able to do for like 3 years). Yeah he isnt the best but its not like the JEts are rediculously overpaying him, and I think they picked up possibly the best available option for a backup RB on the market.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

obviously the chargers didnt release him because they wanted another team to experience how great he is. and honestly i think all he will be from here on out is part of a stable of running backs for the jets who at least last year were a solid running team

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got 2 words

Super Bowl

You think this move makes the Jets a superbowl contender? LMAO!!!!!

You're so crazy! This move really HURT the Jets when you think about what they gave up and the production they will get from LT.

You're coach is holding your team back. He's an idiot. What kind of coach tells his team that they have no shot for the playoffs when they are still in the hunt?

So your two words are still super bowl?

LOL!

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Jets will implode this year... Buddy Ryans ego and LT's aging body and attitude will bring them close , only because Miami and Buffalo will suck again. Expect alot of infighting from the two mouths of the East. {Ryan and now LT} They will go down in flames! Patriots the AFC East Champions especially if they start spending in this capless year.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Jets will implode this year... Buddy Ryans ego and LT's aging body and attitude will bring them close , only because Miami and Buffalo will suck again. Expect alot of infighting from the two mouths of the East. {Ryan and now LT} They will go down in flames! Patriots the AFC East Champions especially if they start spending in this capless year.

you sure you dont mean rex ryan? buddy ryan coached the eagles and is rex's dad. :D

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding me? Everyone thought that the jets last year were gonna be like 4-12 and instead they end up going to AFC championship, with a rookie quarterback. You know why??? because of Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan turned the jets into on of the best Ds in the league, which they will continue to be with the addition of Cromartie. They also have one of the best Olines in the league. I don't think they are entirely superbowl contenders yet, but I definitely believe they can make the playoffs, and once that happens, anything can happen.
Idk if you guys have watched the jets like I have for the past 5 years, but the team from the last year and this year are actually exciting and competitive its like a completely different team, and I think that in large part has to do with Rex Ryan

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you kidding me? Everyone thought that the jets last year were gonna be like 4-12 and instead they end up going to AFC championship, with a rookie quarterback. You know why??? because of Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan turned the jets into on of the best Ds in the league, which they will continue to be with the addition of Cromartie. They also have one of the best Olines in the league. I don't think they are entirely superbowl contenders yet, but I definitely believe they can make the playoffs, and once that happens, anything can happen.
Idk if you guys have watched the jets like I have for the past 5 years, but the team from the last year and this year are actually exciting and competitive its like a completely different team, and I think that in large part has to do with Rex Ryan

Yea, I watched the game where the Falcons came to NY and beat the Jets easily.

Sorry man, Rex Ryan is a loudmouthed punk who quits on his team.

Why would the coach tell his team that they have no chance at the playoffs after losing to the Falcons when they still had a chance to make it?

That's just bad coaching.

durrr i win

durrr i win

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey check this back field 1. Leon Washington 2. LT 3. Shawn Green. no 1 is stoping that. and my boy sancheezy @ the helm! going far

durrr i win

durrr i win

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I watched the game where the Falcons came to NY and beat the Jets easily.

Sorry man, Rex Ryan is a loudmouthed punk who quits on his team.

Why would the coach tell his team that they have no chance at the playoffs after losing to the Falcons when they still had a chance to make it?

That's just bad coaching.
FYI last i recall the Falcons where no where close to the 2009 playoffs and the JJJJJJJJJJJ-EEEEEEEEEEEEE-TTTTTTTTTT-SSSSSSSS where "1" game away from the Superbowl, Falcons have a nice QB besides that there nothing but other NFC coattail team

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't remember losing to the falcons late in the season and your coach coming out and saying that the JETS had no chance for the playoffs because of this loss?

Attachments

• Snapshot 153.jpg
    Snapshot 153.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 11
durrr i win

durrr i win

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES as if it was yesterday the Daily News printed it .other cool thing Jets just sign a deal w/ HBO i guess they'll have there own sports show. which i like is pretty kick ass, wondering if the Falcons have a show on any network!:cool: