National League MVP Ryan Braun tests positive for PED

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all MLB people you could guess that are doing something ilegal - Braun would not have been in my Top 100. Hope this is a mistake or something; First Milwaukee lost Fielder via free agency and now this, with the one they really wanted to keep.

National League MVP Ryan Braun, who last season led the Milwaukee Brewers to their first division title in nearly three decades, has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and faces a 50-game suspension if the initial finding is upheld, two sources familiar with the case told "Outside the Lines."

Major League Baseball has not announced the positive test because Braun is disputing the result through arbitration.

A spokesman for Braun issued a statement Saturday: "There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ers-tests-positive-performance-enhancing-drug

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another reason to massively reduce salaries....take away away the incentive to cheat...take away the greed and unloyalness of these overpaid bums

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
another reason to massively reduce salaries....take away away the incentive to cheat...take away the greed and unloyalness of these overpaid bums

I totally agree, but this thread is not about Congress.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

where all the money go then? to the owners?

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn.... He was a fan favorite too. Never would've thought.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id still say innocent until proven guilty, even though there in the past there has been a ton of steroid use. He's appealing right now so once that's over it will be nice to get an explanation of what happened.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard from a friend who has a friend who's sister works for espn. I heard the reason ryan braun tested positive is because he has herpes, and the medication he took for it gave him to much testosterone, which made him fail the test.