apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Ali would win. Mike is very strong, but he is subject to emotion, and very often this was the cause of his defeat. He stopped sticking to the plan and began to act spontaneously according to his mood and emotions. Ali, in turn, was very calm and prudent.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mike Tyson is a monster!!! Incredible...

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that the people who are too young to have seen Ali fight (in addition to the ones that are too young to have seen either fight) are the ones that are saying Tyson would have any chance. Maybe, just maybe, as nineteen-year-olds, Tyson would stand a chance against the best, smartest heavyweight that ever lived - but it would have been a small chance. Tyson cut his teeth robbing little old ladies as a street thug (excellent cardio work running away). He had a brutal, bullying style that carried him to a heavyweight title, but failed him as he aged. Ali was the shrewdest, most adaptive fighter who ever laced them up. He was successful for decades despite having a few "I'm here for a big payday" fights. Tyson's career was beating the crap out of a bunch of cans, followed by success as a "berserker", followed by endless garbage fights that made him huge amounts of money. He was manipulated by everyone around him, and was too immature/unintelligent to have much of a say.
I completely agree with you, the money he earned stopped Mike from working on himself.

jcmunoz33

jcmunoz33

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is such a casual boxing fan question. There's no doubt Ali would win a million times out of a million fights. Mike Tyson is 0 and 6 out of all his big title fights against elite opposition. He could beat journeymen and world class fighters but NEVER could beat Elite level world champions. As a hardcore boxing fan this question just makes me giggle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow, as also a huge boxing fan, I’d have to say your assessment may be a little flawed. How many elite fighters did he beat before he went to jail, when he was younger??? And if u say 0 or only 1. We’ll then that is where your assessment is flawed… js

S

SteveAsh7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Wow, as also a huge boxing fan, I’d have to say your assessment may be a little flawed. How many elite fighters did he beat before he went to jail, when he was younger??? And if u say 0 or only 1. We’ll then that is where your assessment is flawed… js
So who exactly is Elite? I can't wait for you to tell me. If you say Larry Holmes who was an old 38 year old man and was inactive for two years and coming off two consecutive back-to-back losses to Michael Spinks then i'm not replying!!

I can't wait for this :LOL:

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am tending to say that a prime Tyson would win

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tyson would get frustrated having to chase him down..Ali wins

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Joe Frazier would have knocked Tyson out in a short fight. Tyson had no defense and needed none because most guys were scared of him. Frazier was scared of no one and never let up or backed down and he had a cross armed defense that only Foreman and Ali could get thru. Tyson would not have lasted against Frazier's left hook.

Tyson never displayed any intelligence in the ring when it came to adapting, Ali was a ring genius when it came to adapting style changes to meet the situation,, Ali would have KO'd Tyson sometime after 7 rounds.

L

luketta7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my humble opinion and to be very honest, I am a big fan of Mike Tyson, and I certainly believe that he would win, but it would be a complicated fight for both sides

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, not that important, who would be to win... Anyway they both are the Great boxers!
The main thing is not to be between them!..

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The fight would be very fast Mike Tyson defeated Mohamed

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say draw.
Two legends but different periods.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two legends, no doubt about that, but they were in two different era. Two different boxing style. If I really have to choose, I would choose Tyson. Ali liked defensive boxing, but against Tyson there was no effective defence in my opinion...

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
these are two boxing legends, it would be interesting to see them fight, I think Tyson

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two legends, no doubt about that, but they were in two different era. Two different boxing style. If I really have to choose, I would choose Tyson. Ali liked defensive boxing, but against Tyson there was no effective defence in my opinion...
I would say that Mike Tyson was a death train

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good evening.Ali´s style was unique but Tyson in his prime could knock him out.According to both styles this would be the Ali-Foreman2 .The great Ali would have my vote,anyway.
I think Foreman was the greatest heavyweight ever; Ali would find a way to exhaust Tyson, then pick him off in late rounds.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Muhammad Ali, would be a great fight