Mets' Minaya & Manuel to be let go

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it was time, they gotta start moving in another direction, (investing and developing) 6 years ago I thought Minaya was going to do a good job, but the few good things he did was never enough. Manuel....that's something I knew it was never gonna work, he is not the kind of manager the mess (The Mets) needs, never understand why they gave him a contract after the interim position.

But when it comes to the mets....well, they are doing a good thing if they get rid of this guys.... but they gotta do a better job at selecting their replacements or it will be the same disaster all over again. They have to stop investing like they can be the Yankees, they gotta develop talent from within, then bring pieces via FA, and please try to avoid things like Óliver Pérez, Beltran, Luis Castillo, Francisco Rodríguez and Jason Bay.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For real, ugh, I hope the right people are brought in and the GM is given real power in making decisions without having to keep going to management.

But I really hope they can bring the right people in. Like you mentioned someone who will really work hard to develop our non-existing farm system, and someone who can make better decisions in free agency. It's not like we're a small market team, we have the resources to be very successful, it's just not being spent properly.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is about time, the mets have stunk up the joint for five years now, directly related to the gm and mang. They have had a bad run ov injuries but come on. The future is bright for the mets.