Chips
This needs to go in the NFL thread.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea..no need to make a new thread about it...but i dunno...maybe overpaid...but he's doin better than favre...

side note...should be a good night for MNF

balrog910

balrog910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mcnabb shows flashes of his younger days when he was more of a scrambler, i think hes doing pretty well and if can continue to stay healthy which is always an issue with him he'll go far with the skins

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for McNabb, I don't think he is worth all that money, but once again...it's the Redskins...they are paying Albert Haynesworth just to be a cheerleader in the sidelines.

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update:

McNabb's five-year extension is worth $70 million and can get to $78.5 million if he is on the active roster for every game in those five seasons. The deal's maximum value is $88.5 million if McNabb leads his team to a Super Bowl victory every year.

But the real question is how much he'll actually earn and whether it will be in Washington.

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

If they don't, then McNabb would stand to cash in. McNabb then would get to become an unrestricted free agent at a time when multiple teams will be looking to upgrade their quarterback, the position that commands the game's priciest salaries.

McNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, clarified some of the details of McNabb's deal Tuesday to The Associated Press and acknowledged while the contract is worded so that it has "$40 million in guarantees," the Redskins do have an option to cut McNabb at the end of the season with no further money due.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Redskins can cut him, but McNabb is at least guaranteed 3.5 mil or so before he is released. It's definitely a PR move to calm down the issue of his benching.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Redskins can cut him, but McNabb is at least guaranteed 3.5 mil or so before he is released. It's definitely a PR move to calm down the issue of his benching.

Come on now. Do you think that McNabb or at least his agents are too stupid to see that? If they can believe it's a publicity move, don't know how much it's gonna calm things down. Not benching him again in that situation would be more of a help.

How funny was it that T.O. texted 'How can they justify giving him that much after his performance?', much less blaming it on his brother??? lol

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you talking about? McNabb got the chance to make megabucks, of course he'll accept it. He is not worth that kind of money, he'd be a fool to possibly turn it down.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised at all though if he gets released early and sees only a small portion of it. All those big 40-50 mil guaranteed contracts you see often has a condition attached to it. Like you have to stay with the team past a certain date to see all the guaranteed money.